Kids in Le bistro

MoyCoy

Due to a family emergency, we had to add our 6 year old twins to our cruise which leaves in 10 days. We will be sailing on the Jewel . We purchased prior to emergency a 4 day dining plan for a 5 day cruise. We originally booked hours that were convenient for us. The hours now available online are not great, so we will try and change our dining times to 700. This is when the kids club re opens each night. If perchance we are not able to change to those times, we may have to take the children with us to dine in the specialty restaurant. Can anyone give me their experience dining with young children in Le Bistro, La Cuccinna, and Cagneys.

Would I have to remake the reservations for 4 when I am on the ship?

Also , does anyone know if there is a outlet next to the bed in a minisuite on the Jewel?

Thanks

Yes you will have to change the reservation to a table for 4, but by doing this you may also change to a time that would suit you better. The children are no problem to dine in any of the venues, as long as they are well behaved. Lastly there is no outlet by the beds on the jewel. Have a great time and don't stress out.

We were just on the Escape. Hubby and I both had the dining plan. Our son did not. So, I expected to pay for whatever he ate a la carte. All he ordered was an entree. We were not charged for it. They put it on the bill and took it off under our dining plan.

Yes you will have to change the reservation to a table for 4, but by doing this you may also change to a time that would suit you better. The children are no problem to dine in any of the venues, as long as they are well behaved. Lastly there is no outlet by the beds on the jewel. Have a great time and don't stress out.

Thank You! My Hubby uses a CPAP. I wonder if they will provide a extension cord ?

Thank you. I had an extension cord taken away and put in a naughty pile on Princess. Now I'm nervous about NCL. Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Not to worry. We always carry multiple extension cords. Best to have a 6' and 12' cord to accommodate your CPAP. We had cords and CPAPs on the Jewel last week. No problem at all. If you want distilled water, call the access desk at 866-584-9756. It's past their 2-week cut-off, but they probably still can help you.

wrt to kids in Le Bistro, no problem. Make sure to change your reservation to the correct number of people. If the kids eat off the kids menu, there is no additional charge. If they insist on their plate of escargot and a double rack of lamb, then you will have to pay for it.

btw: The Jewel is still on the "old" specialty dining menus where there is a double rack of lamb on the Le Bistro menu.

Last week, we had great weather the entire cruise down to Mexico. The only rough seas were on the last day (sea day) where the weather was nice, but the ship's movement caused them to close the pools for safety reasons. Embarkation was smooth. Disembarkation was a breeze, with most people walking right up to ship's security to scan off (there was a small line for early walk-off). Walk off started at 7:20. Color tags were being called by 7:45.

Have a great cruise!

Due to a family emergency, we had to add our 6 year old twins to our cruise which leaves in 10 days. We will be sailing on the Jewel . We purchased prior to emergency a 4 day dining plan for a 5 day cruise. We originally booked hours that were convenient for us. The hours now available online are not great, so we will try and change our dining times to 700. This is when the kids club re opens each night. If perchance we are not able to change to those times, we may have to take the children with us to dine in the specialty restaurant. Can anyone give me their experience dining with young children in Le Bistro, La Cuccinna, and Cagneys.

Would I have to remake the reservations for 4 when I am on the ship?

Also , does anyone know if there is a outlet next to the bed in a minisuite on the Jewel?

Thanks

You can always take the kids to the buffet early (6pm) and then take them to the kids club, then go to your late evening meal.

You can always take the kids to the buffet early (6pm) and then take them to the kids club, then go to your late evening meal.

That's what we did on the escape. But we prebooked our meals for 7 each night. I'm concerned that we won't be able to switch our 600pm reservation to 700 because that's prime time. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

NCL is a family line. Children are welcome in all of th dining venues. There is a children's menu that they can eat from without additional charge, or they can eat from the adult menu, and that is true whether it is an a la carte restaurant or a fixed price one.

You should have no problem changing your reservations once on the ship. Most times are held so that they can be reserved on the ship and not online.

I believe that Teppanyaki and maybe Cagneys do not have a children's menu. Our 7 year old granddaughter was charged $19.99. I would avoid LeBistro with children. The service took so long.

They all have children'ts menus. It's the same menu as the children's menu in the MDR. They don't have to order off the specialty restaurant's menu, but if they do, yes, there is a charge for it.

Moycoy, when you get on the ship, adjust your dining time straight away. As was mentioned, they hold some times back for booking on the ship. If you do it right away you'll likely get the times you want. If you decide you want the kids to eat with you at the times you already have, you would need to change your reservation from 2 to 4 even if the children will order from the children's menu.

Have a great cruise!

It really depends on your kids. The first time we sailed with our son on NCL was in early 2010 on the Spirit. I don't remember if it was called Le Bistro then, but we ate in the "French restaurant" one night (7 of us, including our 7 month old son), service took 2.5 hours, and he was great the entire time.

I may have this wrong but I believe at Tepanyaki we were told that we could order off the kids menu or order Tepanyaki but that either way we would be charged the adult price for a child.

Again, I may have this wrong but that's the way I remember it. Maybe just a confused server or maybe the policy is different? It was a while ago.

We go to dinner as a family. Our 4 year old eats dinner, then DH takes her to the Kid's Club. Our 13 year eats dinner, orders dessert, then leaves and meets friends or goes to the Teen Club. DH and I linger over dessert, wine, and coffee. Then we head to pick up DD.

We bought DS a dining package, but DD will order of the Kid's menu, and will most likely eat Mac and Cheese every night.

I wonder in restaurants that are not a la carte like Moderno and teppanakki, if we wanted kids to enjoy a non kid menu meal. I wonder how much is charged for 6 year olds

When we are in Teppanakki last month our son ordered off the kids menu but our server told us that we could share our entrees with him and not be charged. He ate some of the fried rice and some chicken- they give you enough food to share. I think if he orders a meal himself you get charged the full price- there is no discount for kids as far as I know.

Not to worry. We always carry multiple extension cords. Best to have a 6' and 12' cord to accommodate your CPAP. We had cords and CPAPs on the Jewel last week. No problem at all. If you want distilled water, call the access desk at 866-584-9756K87N8hDcQTTKKFTioSxqB8Q2BNX5JtAljwgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==K87N8hDcQTTKKFTioSxqB8Q2BNX5JtAljwgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==. It's past their 2-week cut-off, but they probably still can help you.

wrt to kids in Le Bistro, no problem. Make sure to change your reservation to the correct number of people. If the kids eat off the kids menu, there is no additional charge. If they insist on their plate of escargot and a double rack of lamb, then you will have to pay for it.

btw: The Jewel is still on the "old" specialty dining menus where there is a double rack of lamb on the Le Bistro menu.

Last week, we had great weather the entire cruise down to Mexico. The only rough seas were on the last day (sea day) where the weather was nice, but the ship's movement caused them to close the pools for safety reasons. Embarkation was smooth. Disembarkation was a breeze, with most people walking right up to ship's security to scan off (there was a small line for early walk-off). Walk off started at 7:20. Color tags were being called by 7:45.

Have a great cruise!

Thank You . Did they still have Lobster on the Le Bistro menu?. I called the number you provided. They were able to help ! They even will provide a gallon of distilled water. Awesome! Thank you. Normally, They need a 2 week notice normally, but made an acceptance.

Edited by MoyCoy

Thank you. I had an extension cord taken away and put in a naughty pile on Princess. Now I'm nervous about NCL.

I've been on 31 cruises, including three on Princess and I have never had an extension cord taken from me. However, my extension cord does not have a surge protector on it. If your extension cords has a surge protector on it, there is a good chance it will taken away. Apparently land based surge protectors are a fire hazard on a cruise ship.

That's what we did on the escape. But we prebooked our meals for 7 each night. I'm concerned that we won't be able to switch our 600pm reservation to 700 because that's prime time. [emoji4]

We were late to our reservation time on a couple evenings because of issues getting everyone ready, DS fed at the Garden Cafe, and checked into kid's club. We apologized for being tardy and the host seemed to understand so we never had a problem being sat. Our son much prefers to eat at the buffet and play while we eat. He goes out all the time with us at home and would just as soon not do it on vacation.