Prepay Vs. Prereserve Princess Excursions

flourpot

I just booked a cruise for December and noticed that there is an option to prepay for excursions now instead of just reserving an excursion. The option to reserve without payment wasn't there. I also realize that it is more than 200 days out until the cruise and excursions typically don't pop up until about 75 days before, so that might be new and it might give the reservation without payment option closer to sailing. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Bonnie

This seems to be the new model. If you want to reserve your excursions ahead of time, you have to pay for them at the time your reserve them. Too bad, from my point of view, since I can't use obc to pay for them. I imagine this is how it's going to be from here out, unless people really complain a lot and in large numbers.

Much discussed already. The requirement that reserved excursions must be pre-paid was tested on one ship last summer and is apparently rolling out out among the rest of the fleet this year. Though there has been I believe one report so far of the ability to reserve without payment being reinstated on one ship after initially requiring it I would not count on it happening again. But there have also been several posts that it is (or will be) possible to use your OBC as payment--at least Princess awarded OBC, as TA OBC is not shown in the personalizer.

I just booked a cruise for December and noticed that there is an option to prepay for excursions now instead of just reserving an excursion. The option to reserve without payment wasn't there. I also realize that it is more than 200 days out until the cruise and excursions typically don't pop up until about 75 days before, so that might be new and it might give the reservation without payment option closer to sailing. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Bonnie

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2492993

Unfortunately, now excursions must be paid a when you book. :(

I have been pre-reserving excursions without prepaying for them on my Grand Princess cruise to Alaska this August, so it does not seem to be true that you always must pay for the excursions when you book them.

It does give me the option to pre-pay, but it is not a requirement.

I have been pre-reserving excursions without prepaying for them on my Grand Princess cruise to Alaska this August, so it does not seem to be true that you always must pay for the excursions when you book them.

It does give me the option to pre-pay, but it is not a requirement.

That is true for your specific cruise this August.

Princess is in the process of changing to requiring prepayment for pre-reservations. They haven't changed all of the cruises yet. When they require prepayment, they also allow OBC to be used for the prepayment.

Paying when booking a Shore Excursion on our Caribbean Princess cruise in January 2018 is now required.

Just checked now, shore excursion reservations on our Caribbean Princess cruise in September 2017 still does not require, nor have any option, for prepayment.

Our Caribbean cruise on the Regal in January requires prepayment and DOES NOT have the option of using OBC (which we do have on cruise personalizer) at check out.

Have you completed the check out? The OBC option does not show up until you select to pay - it is shown at the last step before entering your credit card information.

Thanks for the help, but if reserving an excursion just for me, I can only apply my obc even if signed in under my husband's name. Can'use his OBC unless the excursion is requested for him as well. Any solutions for this?

I had the same problem. Call Princess. The telephone representative can change to charge excursions to the other person who has OBC.

Book the excursions you want online before calling. They will hold them for a day without payment. Then call and have them change who gets charged. Then you can pay online.