Question about Luminae lunches

galensgrl

DH and I are going on the Summit in a few days. I was wondering, if we have Embarkation lunch in Luminae and then two more sea days following that, will the lunch menu for Luminae be the same for all three consecutive sea days, or do they have a rotating lunch menu? Thanks!

Lorie

They do have a rotating menu. I believe there are only a few different menus --- maybe 4, something like that --- but you'll be fine on a one week cruise. Lunch in Luminae is a real treat, great service and excellent food, plus peace and quiet while the other lunch areas are packed. Enjoy!

They do have a rotating menu. I believe there are only a few different menus --- maybe 4, something like that --- but you'll be fine on a one week cruise. Lunch in Luminae is a real treat, great service and excellent food, plus peace and quiet while the other lunch areas are packed. Enjoy!

Thank you. It was a pleasant surprise to find out about Luminae, we are looking forward to trying it, and seeing what a vacation with Celebrity is like. Cheers!

We loved lunch in Luminae - my favorite was the seafood brochette. Seafood on skewers with fried rice. I loved the rice so much that I asked the chef to make me more for dinner with our friends and he was happy to do so the next day. :)

We left the Infiinity yesterday after spending a month on board in a suite. While the Luminae lunch menu is currently three rotating menus we were told that the plan is to expand it to five (or was it six ?) menus. But just as you can order off the MDR menu during dinner, you can also order off the MDR lunch menu also. One of my favorite lunch dishes was the pad thai from the MDR lunch menu.

There are (or should be) now 7 lunch menus in Luminae.

Tested on Constellation on the last cruise, which we disembarked yesterday. Some of the new menu items are good, some need lots more work. The servers asked for feedback each time there was a new menu.

We were on the Infinity last fall in a Sky suite, as others have said, the lunch menu does rotate but it has a few signature items that are on all menus.

I had the Luminae burger (it was OK), the chicken and waffles (ehh), the duck confiet club sandwich (very good) but my absolute favorite was the fillet wedge salad.

The fillet wedge was a ~6 oz fillet with a iceberg wedge salad (bacon, onion, tomato w/ blue cheese dressing), I had it at least two times for lunch (whenever it was available).

The wait staff was excellent, they paired wines with what you were eating and would bring you surprise dishes to have on the side (we had a sample of every risotto that was made during that cruise).

I wasn't impressed with the Sky suite room but access to Luminae and Michael's club made up for it.

The fillet wedge was a ~6 oz fillet with a iceberg wedge salad (bacon, onion, tomato w/ blue cheese dressing), I had it at least two times for lunch (whenever it was available).

That (as of last week) was the filet with a very small amount of greens, mainly arugula with some very light dressing.

I think the burger is the best one on the ship, but it's very heavy. My main criticism of Luminae is that it's a lot of rich food over the course of a week. Even though it's all pretty excellent, it gets to be a bit much.

I agree the duck confit club sandwich is very good...probably the best sandwich they make. For me, their only "miss" entree involved some sort of pasta. I think it was the Veal Cannelloni but I really don't remember. They'll bring you something else if you really don't like it, though.

Honestly, I don't think that so-called rich foods dominate. Just did 25 meals (15 dinners/10 lunches) in Luminae in the last 2 weeks and don't think either of us had what we consider a rich dish. Lots of seafood, including some sashimi-based dishes. A few steaks, which isn't rich by any means. You really can point your eating in a lighter direction without much effort (which does not need to include the MDR menu, which we don't understand at all).

We were on the Infinity last fall in a Sky suite, as others have said, the lunch menu does rotate but it has a few signature items that are on all menus.

I had the Luminae burger (it was OK), the chicken and waffles (ehh), the duck confiet club sandwich (very good) but my absolute favorite was the fillet wedge salad.

The wait staff was excellent, they paired wines with what you were eating and would bring you surprise dishes to have on the side (we had a sample of every risotto that was made during that cruise).

I wasn't impressed with the Sky suite room but access to Luminae and Michael's club made up for it.

My favorite was the Grilled Filet Cobb (not sure if that is what you had), but as someone said they changed it and on the last cruise it was really just a filet. The filet was amazing, but having the filet Cobb salad was much more lunch-like and was the best lunch I have ever had on a cruise. I wish they would bring it back and offer more lunch salads.

This is the old description:

IMG_4841_zpshykuga7y.jpg

ECCruise, I agree, we don't find the foods to be that rich if we order right. Salad dressing and sauces on the side, watch the preparation (i.e. nothing fried, trout without bacon), leave some of the dessert, skip the bun (sometimes) at lunch, etc. I like that the portions are small, have never left the restaurant feeling full but never hungry. We've felt the same way about the MDR and Blu. It's all in how you order.

From what I've been hearing, Luminae is only open for lunch on embarkation day and sea days. We'll be sailing on her (in June) on a ten day cruise with only one sea day. There will, however, be two overnights with a 1:00pm departure. Any chances Luminae might be open for lunch on those two 1:00 pm departure days??

My favorite was the Grilled Filet Cobb (not sure if that is what you had), but as someone said they changed it and on the last cruise it was really just a filet. The filet was amazing, but having the filet Cobb salad was much more lunch-like and was the best lunch I have ever had on a cruise. I wish they would bring it back and offer more lunch salads.

This is the old description:

IMG_4841_zpshykuga7y.jpg

I had the grilled filet cobb on Reflection the week of 4/1. It was one of my favorite lunches in Luminae. Also really enjoyed the Butternut Squash Risotto.

They'll customize for you too. After a few days of a cruise I kind of get tired of sauces and rich food, and green vegetables are just an afterthought on the plate so many times. I frequently ask for a larger serving of steamed broccoli or spinach or green beans.

In Luminae I asked for a plate of greens. Plain greens. Asked for grilled chicken breast on it, with some balsamic vinaigrette. That's it. It was delightful and perfect for lunch.

I like the signature burger and although the bun is great, I get the burger without it. It's a big burger.

The chicken and waffles is a great lunch entree, but it's way too big. I ask for ONE piece of chicken and ONE waffle. As it is, it's still a huge lunch. Delicious but huge.

Hey, we've even been known to skip lunch entirely on a cruise!

That's what I mean by "rich." Most entrees have some sort of sauce on them, whether it's butter or cream or whatever. The salads come with the dressing on them. The portions can be too large (especially at lunch). Some of that isn't apparent when just reading the menu. Experienced cruisers and/or people who are being conscious about making healthy choices may know how to get around it, but if you're there for the first time, you tend to order the dish as-is and deal with what comes to your table. It is usually extremely tasty but after so many meals like that, I start looking for a plain salad.

I had the grilled filet cobb on Reflection the week of 4/1. It was one of my favorite lunches in Luminae. Also really enjoyed the Butternut Squash Risotto.

Great! They just served filet mignon for lunch on Eclipse in Jan-Feb (not that I had anything to complain about :)) and we had all 3 menus, I believe, as we had several sea days. Maybe people asked for the Filet Cobb to return (or the chefs do things differently on different ships).