Cruise directors - new carnival list

What do you guys know about Steven Schwartz? He will be on the Breeze later this year.

We sailed with Schartz on the Magic replacing Dr.E. Schwartz was an excellent cruise director. He was all over the ship and always available for a chat. "Love you more"

Emma is awsome. Very friendly and endless energy. We can't wait to sail with her again in October.

Thank you! Looking forward to our Dec cruise with her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the schedule there's some overlapping. The first column gives an until date. But just about every ship the second person starts prior to the the until date of the first person. Does that mean that there will be 2 cruise directors on the overlapping dates?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I liked Dr. E a lot but the rest of my family found him incredibly annoying! They especially hated all his singing! I liked it.

I'm really sad that Butch isn't the cruise director on any ship anymore. I've had him twice and he is just fantastic!

According to the schedule there's some overlapping. The first column gives an until date. But just about every ship the second person starts prior to the the until date of the first person. Does that mean that there will be 2 cruise directors on the overlapping dates?

They usually have a one week transitioning of CDs.

We were on the Dream during an overlapping week once. The cruise director who was on his last week was the cruise director and the new CD just arriving was kind of in the background observing. I guess they get a week to kind of get to know the ship and their future co-workers before taking over.

Anyone have experience with Marcelo Alverado? Have him on the Fascination out of PR.

I like Marcelo (aka Marshmellow). We had him on the Magic about 5 years ago and he was great with the kids and really presented a family-friendly face rather than the I'm young, hip, and want to party persona (I'm looking at you Jase Apps). I know people react to each CD based on how they want their experience to be, but I liked Marcelo. I also liked Steve Cassel on our first cruise on the Ecstasy back in 2009, he was a real goofball so I could relate to him easily.

I'm not knocking the "party persona" CDs, that's just no my cup of tea, though they really seem to be popular with passengers. When we had Jase on the Freedom in 2015, I noticed that his energy seemed to be contagious with the people I saw him interacting with, I just personally didn't care for the guy.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

A good CD (whatever *THAT* is) cannot positively impact a cruise to the extent that a bad CD can negatively impact it. Don't believe me? Cruise with someone like Sparkle or Jeff Bronson and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Good CDs are really a thing of the past. The likes of Malcolm Kennedy or David Armour will never be seen again. Even the fat man, on his best days, couldn't hold a candle to them.

We have taken several cruises. This last cruise was the first one that the CD really was amazing. The rest were there, ran some competitions, did a few things, but really didn't impact our cruise at all. On the Dream, Chris Williams AKA The Flying Scotsman was AMAZING. He is a true entertainer first then became a cruise director. He can siiiiiiing like you wouldn't believe! He has perfect pitch, can sing anything and is so entertaining! We actually clicked every single event on the "hub" on our phone and went to each thing he hosted. He had the boat rocking at the parties he hosts! He is a one man show and so very friendly. I even have a selfie with him! LOL So while a CD can't ruin your vacation cruise, they certainly can enhance it and make it a lot more fun!

We have taken several cruises. This last cruise was the first one that the CD really was amazing. The rest were there, ran some competitions, did a few things, but really didn't impact our cruise at all. On the Dream, Chris Williams AKA The Flying Scotsman was AMAZING. He is a true entertainer first then became a cruise director. He can siiiiiiing like you wouldn't believe! He has perfect pitch, can sing anything and is so entertaining! We actually clicked every single event on the "hub" on our phone and went to each thing he hosted. He had the boat rocking at the parties he hosts! He is a one man show and so very friendly. I even have a selfie with him! LOL So while a CD can't ruin your vacation cruise, they certainly can enhance it and make it a lot more fun!

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Got off the Dream this past Sunday. 5 cruises under my belt and had some likeable CD's in that time....but Chris is something different altogether. How he maintains that energy is beyond me. His 1-man music show was the biggest highlight of the week. By far the most crowded the theater was the entire week and was also the longest show of the cruise. And it was literally just him singing and rocking out. Who knew the Scotsman could do perfect opera too haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm am SO angry. John Heald just told me the other day that Matt Mitcham would be on the Vista 11/4, but this schedule says he gets on the day we get off. I'm so so upset.

I truly hope you get over it. I'll say some prayers for you.

I like Marcelo (aka Marshmellow). We had him on the Magic about 5 years ago and he was great with the kids and really presented a family-friendly face rather than the I'm young, hip, and want to party persona (I'm looking at you Jase Apps). I know people react to each CD based on how they want their experience to be, but I liked Marcelo. I also liked Steve Cassel on our first cruise on the Ecstasy back in 2009, he was a real goofball so I could relate to him easily.

I'm not knocking the "party persona" CDs, that's just no my cup of tea, though they really seem to be popular with passengers. When we had Jase on the Freedom in 2015, I noticed that his energy seemed to be contagious with the people I saw him interacting with, I just personally didn't care for the guy.

My favorite CDs are Marcelo and Steve Cassel who are real, truly talented, and are there to entertain the guests. Most CDs now are there to promote themselves, instead of focusing on entertaining the guests.

Anyone have experience/opinions with Matt Mitcham?

Matt Mitcham was awesome when we were on the Breeze in 2014! You must be going on the Vista. Vista is on my list for next year, and I hope Matt is on their!

Any opinions on Matt Seguin?? We've got him on the Dream next month.

We LOVED Mat Seguin. He was one of our favorites by far. But I am also in the minority in that I was not a fan of Dr. E. Mat was very friendly. He was family friendly for the kids but great for adult humor in the evening.

Have a great time

Just had her on the Sunshine April 28th ... she's ok but nothing to really get excited about.

My wife and I really enjoyed Emma and she made our very first cruise one to remember!

Yes, Marcelo is the best! He's super funny and amazing! We have sailed with him three times, and he's our favorite.

We just sailed on Fascination. Marcelo was hilarious!!!! We even went to his shows that we weren't interested in just for the laughs. Also, Simon and Neal from the Fun Squad (???) were awesome as well! Enjoy!

Has anyone had Steve Kinsley?

Steve was the CD on my cruise on the Pride in February. I thought he did a very good job. He's not the hyper-caffeinated type that I've heard other CDs being, but he certainly had more than enough energy when needed.

We just sailed on Fascination. Marcelo was hilarious!!!! We even went to his shows that we weren't interested in just for the laughs. Also, Simon and Neal from the Fun Squad (???) were awesome as well! Enjoy!

I wonder what gives with the Fascination not listing anyone past September :confused:. We'll be sailing in November. The only time I've ever truly noticed a CD was a guy named Wee Jimmy. People seem to like him but we found him downright obnoxious. We had Chloe on the Splendor last year and she was very personable and pleasant. Couldn't tell you who it was on the Valor in March.