Cruise directors - new carnival list

I let my kids stay up later than usual because they love the dive in movies, comedy shows and production shows so much. I wish Dr. E did not sing and wake them up every morning, that did negatively impact us even though I liked him overall. I do like Mike Pack much better though

They must sleep very light if they can hear the morning song from inside the cabin when it's announced only in the public areas. I'm one that wishes announcements WERE inside the cabins with the ability to turn them off or down if you're not interested. Not just those for emergencies - cause you can't hear them most of the time.

Eversen is great. Had him last year and love that we get Matt Mitchum this year. Back to back good CD fortune!

Matt Mitchum is the best! He has a great way of relating to every demographic on the ship. Family friendly and funny for shows in the theater, energetic and hot for the Lido parties, and personable walking the ship. You can't do better than Matt.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see that Leigh is hopping around to fill in on various ships. I am so hoping they plan to put him on the Horizon as Cruise Director. He has so much energy and seems to genuinely care about all of us crazy guests and whether we are enjoying ourselves. John, please put in a good word for him. Thanks.

We get Hugo Hildigo on the Breeze in July. Good? This is my first Carnival Cruise. Don't think I even remember our Cruise director on my 2 only other cruises on RCCL. What does a cruise director do to make it special?

Glad for MarQ - if you go on Splendor he was a blast

Good to know...We're on Splendor for a B2B and he's on both legs later this year. Idt any CD would ruin our cruise, but hopefully this guy will enhance it. :)

We get Hugo Hildigo on the Breeze in July. Good? This is my first Carnival Cruise. Don't think I even remember our Cruise director on my 2 only other cruises on RCCL. What does a cruise director do to make it special?

CDs are the face of the ship. Their job becomes extremely important when and if there is a big issue onboard (Triumph and Splendor come to mind). Been on too many cruises to count. Most I'd categorize as neutral. A few stand out as excellent and a few I'd avoid at any cost. One's on Princess and the other guy is an Entertainment Director. Of course there are the annoying ones but I'd sail with them in an emergency. .

I've been on several Carnival cruises, but I don't remember seeing or hearing the entertainment director once. So I'm wondering: what's the difference between a cruise director and an entertainment director?

I've been on several Carnival cruises, but I don't remember seeing or hearing the entertainment director once. So I'm wondering: what's the difference between a cruise director and an entertainment director?

The ED takes care of the paperwork and logistics. The CD is the 'Face'.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does it matter

IMO it does if you want entertainment throughout the ship daily. Carnival Dream when she first came out had a duo CD. It was AWFUL!!!! The lamest cruise I have ever been on and I would point every finger at the CDers. From the looks of it, Matt Mitcham looks like a great CD from videos I have seen!

I let my kids stay up later than usual because they love the dive in movies, comedy shows and production shows so much. I wish Dr. E did not sing and wake them up every morning, that did negatively impact us even though I liked him overall. I do like Mike Pack much better though

I've never heard the singing inside the cabins in the morning before?? In fact sometimes when I hear the announcements outside in the hallway I have had to open the door to actually hear the announcements. We usually stay in aft cabins on decks 6,7, or 8, wonder if that has anything to do with it. But I still love Dr. E, and especially his muster drill message, makes it more interesting!

Going to be on the Miracle in October, showing Lee Mason, does anyone have experience with him? Its a 15 day to Hawaii so really want a fun director to keep sea days enjoyable!!!

the pictures in the PDF are kind of tiny so I can't tell for sure but I think your Lee is the same Lee we had on Valor in December:

25rcokm.jpg

And if so he was a lot of fun. He's the tiny British fella on the left. I'm the bigger American fella of Scottish descent in on the right. My wife is in the middle and I will make no characterizations as to her size.

We enjoyed sailing with him and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if he were back on Miracle next April.

Does anyone have any experience with Dustin Gabriel. I am a first time cruiser headed out on the glory on 5/20 and would love any information that could be provided.

Thank you

I have sailed with Dustin twice, first on the Pride where he was the assistant CD to Steve Kinsley and last spring he filled in for Eric on the Glory. He's young, energetic and fun, I am happy to see that has gotten his own ship. You will have a good time don't worry.

Just be glad it's not Eric who we just had on the Glory. Can you say annoying? Dustin will be awesome, I am sure!!

How was he annoying? Our last Carnival cruise we NEVER saw the CD until we were disembarking...a total yawn

Cruise directors can certainly have an impact on the experience! It would be hard for them to negatively impact or ruin a person's experience obviously, but the value add from a great cruise director can certainly be felt.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

A good CD (whatever *THAT* is) cannot positively impact a cruise to the extent that a bad CD can negatively impact it. Don't believe me? Cruise with someone like Sparkle or Jeff Bronson and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Good CDs are really a thing of the past. The likes of Malcolm Kennedy or David Armour will never be seen again. Even the fat man, on his best days, couldn't hold a candle to them.