Gutted!! No family balconies left!!

So upset. :loudcry:

Been doing so much research and reading reviews for about 2 weeks.

Finally chose Equinox 23 July from Miami. Been checking lots of different websites over the weekend and last night (monday). Came to book tonight (tuesday) and there's no family balconies available, I'm really upset. Last night there were 15-20 available and now none. Is that it then? or do they come available again if people upgrade? and is there like a waiting list?

The family balcony is cheaper with the free add ons, than if we took 2 cabins for 2, which we can't afford. Can't do a different week because already booked flights from UK to Miami.

:loudcry:

Last night there were 15-20 available and now none.

Are you sure you were looking at Family Verandas? According to the Equinox deck plans there are only four of those total on the ship (2 forward on deck 7 and 2 forward on deck 8).

Not sure what you are looking at. Cruisy McGee is right. There are only 4 FV cabins on the ship. I would call and ask if one of them is still available. These are usually kept for families until near sailing time and then are released for 2 people if still available. i see you are 4, so would qualify for one of them now. Good luck.

It appears that the ship is nearing its occupancy limit for 3rd and 4th guests. There are still a limited number of XC (concierge class balcony guarantee), 2C (obstructed balcony guarantee) and 2D (obstructed balcony guarantee) rooms available for quadruple occupany.

Are you sure you were looking at Family Verandas? According to the Equinox deck plans there are only four of those total on the ship (2 forward on deck 7 and 2 forward on deck 8).

I have a feeling the OP is looking for a cabin that allows quad occupancy rather than the 4 FV category staterooms.

I have a feeling the OP is looking for a cabin that allows quad occupancy rather than the 4 FV category staterooms.

Yes, that's what I believe too. If one waits until after final payment and you're looking to book a cabin for four, you always run the risk of the ship being at full capacity for additional occupancy, where only 2 pax per stateroom is being permitted. You can always book 2 cabins, but leaving it late will also mean you run the risk of the cabins not being together i.e. on different decks etc. This is the difference when booking for families last minute - it's always a gamble compared to when there are only the two of you in a cabin. Several of the cabins disappearing off the site at once could also suggest that many of the GTYs have been allocated.

Have you looked at the US pricing for 2 cabins? It may be more affordable than booking in the UK?

This teaches me a lesson, book while thinking about it, especially if there is a particular type of cabin or location I want. Then research... Yet in your case being in the UK, better to limit the time of the research because quite possibly your desired location(s) will be taken up by others.

I trust you will find something which is suitable.

bon voyage

Sorry family verandah was the wrong description - I meant 1B balcony for 4.

I have been on the phone with Celebrity in the UK, they only allow so many cabins with 3 or 4 in, so even if there are 20 showing available once the quota has been used up the rest of the 4 berths are only allowed 2 people in. I did not know this and assumed all the 4 berths which were available would all be sold as 4 berths.

Yes villauk, i was planning to use a US company as it was cheaper, 2 cabins is over my budget.

I am stuck to this week due to other commitments, other than the previous week, but we arrive in Miami on the same day as departure (July 16) which is too much of a risk of missing the ship.

Sorry family verandah was the wrong description - I meant 1B balcony for 4.

I have been on the phone with Celebrity in the UK, they only allow so many cabins with 3 or 4 in, so even if there are 20 showing available once the quota has been used up the rest of the 4 berths are only allowed 2 people in. I did not know this and assumed all the 4 berths which were available would all be sold as 4 berths.

Yes villauk, i was planning to use a US company as it was cheaper, 2 cabins is over my budget.

I am stuck to this week due to other commitments, other than the previous week, but we arrive in Miami on the same day as departure (July 16) which is too much of a risk of missing the ship.

I thought this may be the case as I described above. Would 2 cabins be over your budget if one was an inside? Are you looking at guarantee balcony rates or a particular cabin? This can obviously make a difference to the way you can book the allocation of pax in each cabin. If it's a certain cabin number in the 1B category, and there's an available inside opposite, you could still put the adults in the balcony and obtain the perks, and then put the children in the inside on paper.

awhcruiser & villauk - inside + balcony = $4220 too much for me.

I was on the phone to an agent in America earlier and she gave me a great price for a Concierge, but when she went to book it had gone!

She said earlier there was a 2B or 2C I could have for 4 but I'm worried about the life boats being in the way.

awhcruiser & villauk - inside + balcony = $4220 too much for me.

She said earlier there was a 2B or 2C I could have for 4 but I'm worried about the life boats being in the way.

If you already have your plane tickets, you might want to snap something up within your budget even if it's not perfect. I think I may be more nervous than you are... I'm a planner and tend to book my trips over 6 months in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you already have your plane tickets, you might want to snap something up within your budget even if it's not perfect. I think I may be more nervous than you are... I'm a planner and tend to book my trips over 6 months in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, I think I will!!

I wouldn't let the life boats stop you from booking the 2B/2C cabin you were offered. At least you are on the cruise, especially since you have your flights already booked. Just keep checking in regularly in case a better 4 berth cabin becomes available and then swap to that. We did that with a 1A. We got the worst one as it was the only one left, I checked back regularly, a terrific one on the front angle of the bump out became available and I snapped it up.

I wouldn't let the life boats stop you from booking the concierge cabin you were offered. At least you are on the cruise, especially since you have your flights already booked. Just keep checking in regularly in case a better 4 berth cabin becomes available and then swap to that. We did that with a 1A. We got the worst one as it was the only one left, I checked back regularly, a terrific one on the front angle of the bump out became available and I snapped it up.

The life boats weren't on the Concierge. The Concierge was not available 10 minutes after I was talking with the TA she went to speak with Celebrity again and it was gone. Annoying how they didn't hold it for me while we were talking!

That sound like a good plan, I think I might do that or just go with 2 insides for 2 people. Thank you

Two queries on the advice given here:

- can we in the UK book through US agents? I thought we could not.

- can we swap cabins after booking without incurring a fee/loss of perks? Last year I booked a cabin I didn't really want but thought the cruise was going to sell out. When a better one came up, I asked to move to it & we lost our booking perks whilst doing so. At a later date lots of cabins came available so I no longer feel so jittery when it shows minimal availability, I think Celebrity play games with us. So if I were you OP, I would wait for the right cabin/perks to come up. Bit of a risk though!

Two queries on the advice given here:

- can we in the UK book through US agents? I thought we could not.

- can we swap cabins after booking without incurring a fee/loss of perks? Last year I booked a cabin I didn't really want but thought the cruise was going to sell out. When a better one came up, I asked to move to it & we lost our booking perks whilst doing so. At a later date lots of cabins came available so I no longer feel so jittery when it shows minimal availability, I think Celebrity play games with us. So if I were you OP, I would wait for the right cabin/perks to come up. Bit of a risk though!

Yes, you can book in the US; we've done so for many years. Check both sides of the pond to see which is the best deal at the time. However remember if you book over here, you have to be happy with your initial 'deal' - the likelihood of you being able to change anything in the future without being penalised is slim ;).

It's already after FP for the OP in the US and that's why it's risky when you want to book more than 2 to a cabin. As I posted previously, the allocation for 3rd and 4th pax in the same cabin could have already been reached and then X only allows 2 pax per cabin on any reservation. Lately, the 'Exciting Deals' (released after FP) have been anything but great offers. Add that to the fact that when Equinox was redeployed from the Med to the Caribbean year round, the offer in the US was for all 4 perks on reservations - many took up the offer ;).