Royal introduces non refundable booking option.

Will it? Any no show revenue will be offset by NRD early booking discount and OBC coming out of RCCL pocket. Even in the best case scenario, it will likely be a wash for RCCL.

The NRD is not a "discount". Royal just raised the price of refundable.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I have an email offering me a zero deposit on selected cruises, including some from Royal Caribbean. When I get home I'll post it (of course, to stay within the rules, I'll have to erase all the identifying info). I wonder what happens with a zero deposit if one decides to cancel the cruise?

Carnival just introduced non refundable $500.00 deposit. I hated to see this happen. I booked 2 cruises on Carnival recently and was subjected to the non refundable deposit .Maybe if enough people find out their initial deposits will not be returned when they cancel cruise, its possible Carnival will lose customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is through an on line agency that I used 25 years ago (not on line)at the time, and would never use them again. I get the same e-mail constantly from them, and never use them. The no deposit is for a pre- determined time, then you have to send one in. If you cancel, they charge $100.00. As has been said before,there's no such thing as a free lunch.

That is through an on line agency that I used 25 years ago (not on line)at the time, and would never use them again. I get the same e-mail constantly from them, and never use them. The no deposit is for a pre- determined time, then you have to send one in. If you cancel, they charge $100.00. As has been said before,there's no such thing as a free lunch.

That is okay, I already had lunch ($5.34) and I not hungry. Also, I wasn't planning to use them. I also don't believe this particular agency is the same as yours. This particular offer came from a company better known for flying passengers to their cruise location vs. acting as a cruise agent. If we go back to 1992 (25 years ago), I don't think they acted as a cruise agent then.

Will it? Any no show revenue will be offset by NRD early booking discount and OBC coming out of RCCL pocket. Even in the best case scenario, it will likely be a wash for RCCL.

There is no early booking discount, so no fall in revenue.

Yes, OBC will be offered, but given the healthy margin on that, I'd be extremely surprised if it came anywhere near the gain from earnings on lost OBCs.

Further if your claim was right, that would suggest RCL's approach would result in a fall in earnings from these actions (to be balanced off an expected gain from the trade-off of reduced discounted cabin sales). That would be completely inconsistent with trends and management approach there for many years, and without any claimed grounds to do so.

At least with Royal, you can see what the difference is when you look. On HAL, non refundable is the defacto price, and if you want refundable, you have to call. not everyone knows that, so their stuck in the non refundable, like it or not.

At least with Royal, you can see what the difference is when you look. On HAL, non refundable is the defacto price, and if you want refundable, you have to call. not everyone knows that, so their stuck in the non refundable, like it or not.

Princess also just introduced non refundable fares and I looked yesterday and the same thing happened to me. I was only getting non refundable ones

AND the non refundable thread on the Princess board has a measly 107 posts!!!! :)

Princess also just introduced non refundable fares and I looked yesterday and the same thing happened to me.
So now it is at least four mass market lines that have all made moves to foster non-refundable as the default: Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America and Princess.

Princess also just introduced non refundable fares and I looked yesterday and the same thing happened to me. I was only getting non refundable ones

AND the non refundable thread on the Princess board has a measly 107 posts!!!! :)

More whiners sail Royal?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app