paying for cabana at barefoot beach & rain

It will be charged to your SeaPass acct, which you have to pay before getting off the ship. As far as thudershowers go, I have no idea if they allow you to cancel. It has never rained when I've been there and usually, rain only lasts a few minutes in the Caribbean during this time of year. On our last cruise in Dec, the forecast was rain/storms every single day. I think it rained twice for about 20 minutes the entire 10 day cruise.

Have a great cruise!!!

The concierge is holding a cabana for us at barefoot beach this coming week. When will I pay for this because forecast in Labadee is thundershowers. So how does this work?

You can normally cancel without cost up to 24 hours in advance.

Cabana would be great refuge during pop-up shower

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, there was rain forecasted for the day we had a cabana. It only rained for about 20 minutes and having the cabana was great for getting out of the rain while everyone else was running for cover.

The concierge is holding a cabana for us at barefoot beach this coming week. When will I pay for this because forecast in Labadee is thundershowers. So how does this work?

When it starts to rain, run under it to stay dry, and watch everyone else scramble for a dry place? In the Caribbean, the forecast daily is thundershowers with sunshine before and after.

On this upcoming (May 13, 2017) Harmony sailing on Barefoot Beach.

$295 for standard beach and $395 for hilltop, these were the only two categories listed in the email. Others could have already been reserved or held back.

Single cabana hold six guest.

Sent from a mobile device

How much does a cabana cost to rent?????:)

They have skyrocketed in price the last few years and as long as people keep renting them, RCCL will keep raising the prices. They are nice to have while on Labadee as a home base, for shade, comfort, etc but the prices are ridiculous!!

There are 3 types:

Standard-$295

Beachfront (only 2) and Hilltop-$395

Over the Water-$495

If you are in a GS or above, you rent them on Barefoot Beach via the Concierge. All other rooms can rent them on Nellie's Beach in your pre-cruise planner. But even at the high prices, they still go quickly.

Now that I think of it, I think they went up another $15 in the last few weeks on Nellie's Beach. All prices are listed in your cruise planner.

You have to pay the concierge via your SeaPass card the evening before Labadee.

If you don't want to get it because of the weather forecast just cancel rather than pay for it that evening.

Once paid for only a port cancellation will get you a refund!

Well thanks everyone I got an S9 as the over the waters were gone. For the few hours we'll be there, $295 feels like plenty to spend. I think it is the closest beach cabana to the water, so it should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't want to get it because of the weather forecast just cancel rather than pay for it that evening.

Scotty, that was exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was the process when we rented a cabana too...but at that time my hilltop was only $150.....what a bargain then.