Thought for today

Bedruthen

Having become addicted to cruise holidays some years ago, we are as guilty as anyone of becoming more fussy about expecting near perfection on our holiday. Poring over the brochures to select the perfect cabin, agonising over which dining options and booking early to secure our perfect holiday. These are choices that we took for granted until a shock cancer diagnosis just before Christmas, followed by surgery.Only now do we realise how fortunate we really were.

Our next cruise will be on Oriana, booked just this week and departing in 10 days time. Our cabin has been allocated, forward on F deck, it's certainly not one we would have normally chosen, our boarding time is 3pm- previously we always arrived at 11am, as we hate last minute panics, and we don't know our dining arrangements, but it will still be a great holiday, because now we know how lucky we are to be going at all.

So folks, enjoy your holidays and don't sweat the small stufff, because one day that cruise really will be your last.

Edited by Bedruthen

Have a great cruise Bedruthen - relax and enjoy every minute. Oriana has been refurbished and is all spruced up and looking lovely and the food in February was the best ever - and the Crow's Nest is as superb as ever. Enjoy :) :) :)

Well done for keeping a positive attitude and good luck with everything.

We've taken that attitude since we met 30 years ago and have enjoyed some wonderful holidays, restaurants and five star hotels together. I've had a few school friends pass away much much earlier than they ever should have and that tends to stay with you.

Life is for living! Enjoy every minute of it! :)

Take lots and lots of pictures. I speak from experience when I say that there may come a day when they have more value to you than almost anything else you possess.

Have a wonderful holiday.

I agree having lost my best friend of over 30 years last year to Cancer, I told her to let people take as many pictures as they could with her. Now they are one of the few things we have left. Memories can fade, mine already are hence I am writing as many down as I can. But a photo will last a lot longer and where needed act as a better reminder of good times had.

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy every moment.