Alchemy Question

Jthomasou

You can't normally get run of the mill cocktails, but you don't have to stick to the menu either. Confusing?

You can tell them alcohol and flavors you like and they will make you up something, hence the name Alchemy.

Can you get cocktails that aren't on the menu at Alchemy?

Yes - as long as there can be made from the items they stock. For instance there is no soda - of any kind - as a mixer.

They have made me a "to die for" Lemon Drop, that is not technically on the menu. DH also had them perfect a jalapeno "thing" throughout the week when were were on the Pride last year.

For the most part yes you can get what you want made. It also depends on the bartender and how well of a tipper you are. I just finished a cruise yesterday and spent some time sitting at the alchemy bar. I saw one bartender say no to a rum and diet coke because he said he had no soda. However I also saw a bartender that shares that bar to feed the patrons in the ocean plaza go back there and get a coke and other sodas. So to answer your question yes and no it depends on who is helping you. They do have the sodas but I don't think theyre supposed to use them. But just like anything if your tipping the guy well he will go out of his or her way to help you.

Told the bartender I wanted a gin martini on the rocks no olives and was turned away on the Vista in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That seems odd...wonder if they misunderstood. I drink Dirty Gin martini up and never had an issue. Maybe the rocks threw them.

Told the bartender I wanted a gin martini on the rocks no olives and was turned away on the Vista in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am wondering if it is a Vista thing... they had Blantons, ( really good bourbon for price point ). I asked for it with two rocks and the guy gave me a very hard time. He even got the rest of the patrons to try and talk me into letting him make it better....

I simply told him, that unless he was a master distiller of bourbon, I would be good with it in a glass with 2 ice cubes please.

I never went back, because it was not a good environment.

Yes - as long as there can be made from the items they stock. For instance there is no soda - of any kind - as a mixer.

They have made me a "to die for" Lemon Drop, that is not technically on the menu. DH also had them perfect a jalapeno "thing" throughout the week when were were on the Pride last year.

Really because the last time on Pride (last June) I was told very rudely they only made the menu items. Guess it depends who is bartending when you are there.

Really because the last time on Pride (last June) I was told very rudely they only made the menu items. Guess it depends who is bartending when you are there.

Guess it does depend. We were on the Pride last June and rarely had things in the menu. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know what the problem with the "on the rocks" was but some of the martini's served at Alchemy are not in martini glasses and are "on the rocks."

We have been to Alchemy several times now on several cruises. It pays to sit and talk to the bartenders. If you go early (pre-dinner), they will give you complimentary cheese, olives and nuts. I have had them make all kinds of martini's not on the menu - from white chocolate to a delightful gin and lavender thing that the bartender whipped up (several times for me once he knew I loved it - he wouldn't name it - said "I don't know - so that became it's name!). As others have said, no wine or soda available here.

Well the Alchemy on the Magic was awesome last November. The bartenders were great with suggestions of various drinks and would ask what type of flavors you preferred. Can't wait to go back this November and try some more [emoji483].

I am wondering if it is a Vista thing... they had Blantons, ( really good bourbon for price point ). I asked for it with two rocks and the guy gave me a very hard time. He even got the rest of the patrons to try and talk me into letting him make it better....

I simply told him, that unless he was a master distiller of bourbon, I would be good with it in a glass with 2 ice cubes please.

I never went back, because it was not a good environment.

Some people love it. I'm just a simpleton when it comes to drinks and I think it's because I wanted it in a highball glass and they dint like that. I'll get on in the stake house.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loved Drazen and Ijochim (probably butchered the spelling) on the Magic last summer. I know they've been reassigned, hope the ones this August are half a cool as they were. They'd hand out the fruit from the infusions behind the bar....wowzers!

After a couple of days, I just let them know what I liked and they invented drinks for me. One day I asked for a drink and Richard said that I had already had that and he would make me an even better one. He was right. Great place. Went every day before dinner and usually stopped at some point after as well.

Went to Alchemy last cruise on Liberty. Would not make anything off the menu and drink maker was so rude I felt I had been slapped in the face.

She yelled at me for holding the menu wrong and grabbed it out of my hands.

Apparently I was holding it so that instead of it being like an open book, I was letting it open a little too far so that it was like a flat surface in my hands and she said I was ruining the spine????? I can see if I had been holding it so that it was bent backwards but it was flat. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt to her and thought maybe from her angle it looked like I was bending the menu back but STILL it was very rude!!! Needless to say I didn't ever go back.

I don't think this particular drink artist must have been too popular, there was only 1 other person at the bar and it was only about 830 or 9 in the evening. I'm not a drinker at home so I don't know when the best drinking time is but it seemed to me a dead place which I thought was odd based on all the great things I had read about it. I had been looking forward to having something special made like everyone was raving about but it was strictly what was on the menu according this drink lady. Perhaps I didn't really know what to ask for but still the whole menu grabbing and chewing out left me with a bad feeling.