I could just cry, MISSED UPGRADE OPPORTUNITY!!!

There is truth in that for sure. I fall into I want a suite frenzies sometimes and then I wonder why, for what? How much time do we spend in there? It's a good philosophy. As long as I have a balcony I'm good and I'll save the money.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Careful, you might encounter the wrath of the OP and her, I posted this but don't care what other's think! It does sound a like reasonable value offer though, too bad she missed it. The upgrade would be more than I spend on most cruises.

A visit from the Upsell Fairy!!!

I'm with you. We loved the JS on Oasis. LOVED it. But we're just not in the room enough to justify most of these things. We're even fine with inside rooms if that's just the most affordable route.

We've gotten to a stage in life that we do book balconies on occasion if the price is only a bit higher. I don't want to open another can of worms, but making the balconies non-smoking played a MASSIVE factor in that, also. Before that balconies were off the table. We got a balcony on another line for the same price as inside many years ago and the person smoked the entire cruise. It was useless. Now we can use balconies, so it is on the table!

We don't want an oceanview at all. We did that once and it was garbage for us. You lose the complete darkness in the room, but you can't actually visit the sunlight.

I have a friend who isn't rich, but lives comfortably. He & his wife ONLY go suites, but will slum it for a JS on occasion, and that's how they sail. They only go on cruises every 3-5 years because of that, but it is their money to spend as they wish. I'd rather go on cruises every few months and slum it inside than wait 3-5 to afford the suites. BUT that is *my* money to spend as I wish.

Agreed!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Careful, you might encounter the wrath of the OP and her, I posted this but don't care what other's think! It does sound a like reasonable value offer though, too bad she missed it. The upgrade would be more than I spend on most cruises.

We wouldn't do it either normally, but after spending much time with our cruise buds in their Liberty Owner's Suite, it was pretty cool! It would just depend on the $$.

We snagged a heck of a deal with the Next Cruise people on Liberty and were able to book the Presidential suite for cheaper than we paid for Solstice Alaska Concierge Class cabin...so we jumped on it. Those don't come along every day though. If I were OP I'd be disappointed too.

I'm sorry if I came off that way. I didn't mean that at all. Of course, I post because I would like to hear other's opinions. I was just saying that I really did consider this an upgrade, although, technically, it is an upsell. Thank you for calling this to my attention. I can come off a little harsh in person. I see that this can carry over to writing style also.

Not if there's money involved as in the OP's case.

You must not have read my entire thing because I said "if you change your upgrade preferences to I prefer an automatic upgrade. They won't call you, they just do it." And that's why i said an upgrade instead of an upsell, which is what happened in this situation but she was still getting an incredibly damn good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happy anniversary Mande , have a wonderful time . Dogs are our link to paradise , They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent .

Thank you!!!! Two more days, whoohoo!!!

I'm sorry if I came off that way. I didn't mean that at all. Of course, I post because I would like to hear other's opinions. I was just saying that I really did consider this an upgrade, although, technically, it is an upsell. Thank you for calling this to my attention. I can come off a little harsh in person. I see that this can carry over to writing style also.

Gosh no, you did just fine, and not harsh at all. Have a wonderful cruise! :)

And that's why i said an upgrade instead of an upsell,

As is obvious in this thread and many others, that distinction is lost on many.;)

Biker, who many times comments in threads for the general reading public who are not familiar with underlying details.

As is obvious in this thread and many others, that distinction is lost on many.;)

Biker, who many times comments in threads for the general reading public who are not familiar with underlying details.

Upgrade fairy....the sweet heart of the cruise line. :hearteyes:

Upsell fairy...her evil money making cousin $$. ;p

how can biker have 8000 posts and not know everything?:o

I guess we must either be cheap or simple people! The costs of those suites for the amount of time we spend in our cabin we can't justify!!! [emoji848][emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you move up to a full suite it is very hard to go back. DH doesn't want to sail RCCL in anything less than a GS or in anything less than a PH on Princess. We have found that the nicer the cabin, the more time we spend in it.

I can assure you that if we had an inside cabin we would be out and about all the time too.

We had an inside cabin exactly one time in 1981 on the Oceanic, and swore we would never do that again. We paid as much for that inside cabin in May 1981 as we are paying for a GS on our May 2018 cruise on the Liberty. Due to a horrible experience, which CC censors if I try to explain it, we did get a full refund from Home Lines. It took years to get me back on another cruise ship.

With the suite we find ourselves ordering more room service, since we can order off the MDR menu.

We're not into rock climbing, or flow riders since we are in our mid 60's. Sadly, the main pool area on Royal Caribbean is getting loud like Carnival's, and there is so much chair hogging in the Solarium that it is difficult to get seats. S,o we retreat to our balcony and spend most afternoons reading or resting there. We also enjoy the nightly cocktails and appetizers in the Suite Lounge.

DH is claustrophobic, so a suite suits him very well. His worst nightmare would be getting sick and being confined to an inside cabin.

In my past experience, if you want an upgrade (instead of an upsell) change your preferences to "I prefer an automatic upgrade." They won't call you, they just do it. We have been upgraded on two other cruises to our pleasant surprise!

That's right and no need to have a land line lol.

And not just possible opportunities for upsell fairy, but upsell on your own too. Be your own fairy! I watch prices fluctuations all

the time for booked cruises. Sometimes can upsell/upgrade myself for little to no money. Gets especially interesting after final payment. :)

Now, I have a decision to make. Can upgrade from our nice big corner aft JS on Rhapsody to a GS for less than

300 bucks....but not sure it would be worth it. Oasis class yes...Vison class...probably not worth it?

• Had a message on answering machine from Royal Caribbean offering an upgrade from our Grand Suite to a STAR CLASS Sky loft suite for $1,650.00. The message was left about an hour and a half earlier. And they had also called earlier in the day.
  • We work. Got home and called immediately. Too late. It had been given away.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:eek::eek::loudcry::loudcry:

Lesson Learned: Your upgrade contact number should be your cell phone and not your home phone.

Umm what's a home phone?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I also do my own upsell. For our oct on oasis I was able to go from a gs to a cls for about $500 more. Same perks but a larger cabin and 2 bathrooms but we lose the nice tub. The best perk of going from a gs to cls is the quiet hallways and closeness to suite lounge.

Just like you, when we sail an oasis class ship, it's gs or better. While on any other class we are fine with inside, ov or balcony.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I also do my own upsell. For our oct on oasis I was able to go from a gs to a cls for about $500 more. Same perks but a larger cabin and 2 bathrooms but we lose the nice tub. The best perk of going from a gs to cls is the quiet hallways and closeness to suite lounge.

Just like you, when we sail an oasis class ship, it's gs or better. While on any other class we are fine with inside, ov or balcony.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

We did the same type of thing. We booked ocean balcony last Oct for June 3rd 2017 sailing. After final payment we found the price went down and had our TA call her rep. No JS were Avalible, so they bumped us up to GS for nothing.

Thank you!!!! Two more days, whoohoo!!!

Thanks for the info. Changed our contact number to my cell phone. This will be our 54th cruise on Royal. Only received one up sale and no free upgrades to date.

As it appears you are sailing on the Oasis today, will look for you in the Suite Lounge.