Escape questions

Hello Everyone! WE have booked a large balcony on deck 9 for October. We have had the offer to bid on havens in the past and took advantage of it. My concern is since we only booked a balcony if we might still get the offer. I thought I read the most you can get is a 2 category upgrade. Also what have you thought of the large balcony if you have been in one? Seems like a great location!

For bidding on an upgrade, two categories up from any balcony cabin is Mini-suite and Haven. Categories are Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, Mini-suite and Suite/Haven. Haven't tried a large balcony on deck 9 yet....but they sound great.

Adding- when we had a balcony cabin, we were given the opportunity to bid on Mini-suite or on each individual category of Haven. I wish they would offer us the chance to bid on individual categories of Minis as I might have bid on a Large Balcony Mini or Spa Mini. In the end, I withdrew my bids as I was happy with the location of our balcony.

Hello Everyone! WE have booked a large balcony on deck 9 for October. We have had the offer to bid on havens in the past and took advantage of it. My concern is since we only booked a balcony if we might still get the offer. I thought I read the most you can get is a 2 category upgrade. Also what have you thought of the large balcony if you have been in one? Seems like a great location!

You'll likely get the offer. Log into your account on NCL.com and if you don't get an email about it, you may well see a banner on the first page that says something like "let's get you upgraded!"

The offer comes at exactly 80 days out. We have a deck 9 aft balcony and got the offer to bid on the mini suite and all of the haven categories.

We are going to pass on bidding as you can't choose the cabin should you win the bid.

Can you bid on more than one Haven category? :confused:

Yes, there are different starting ranges depending on what category you bid on. If you are offered the chance to bid, you can choose to bid on any or all H categories.

Yes, there are different starting ranges depending on what category you bid on. If you are offered the chance to bid, you can choose to bid on any or all H categories.

Got the chance! Thanks for your help. :cool:

We have a lg balcony booked and have been researching the haven catagories. Be careful some of the haven rooms have regular balconys, much smaller then the large balcony.

Exactly what I was going to say. We had and Aft on deck 9 (Escape) and I only put bids for the Haven Fwd and Aft Ph's.

Exactly what I was going to say. We had and Aft on deck 9 (Escape) and I only put bids for the Haven Fwd and Aft Ph's.

I do love the look of those Aft PHs, but remember that if you are in the Haven proper there is a fantastic courtyard and upper deck that you will spend a lot of time on. We had a great Haven experience on the Getaway. We weren't on our balcony at all when we were in the Haven. Loved the upper sundeck with great loungers and the servers coming around all the time to bring you that cold drink or adjust the umbrellas:cool:

Having said that, we don't always need to be in the Haven. It was great, but would rather cruise more often!

Being Im in a handicapped Mini suite, might i get this offer also, what could they possibly offer a handicap Haven ? If so, what is a good $$ to start with ?

There are HC Haven staterooms (17126, 18126, 13106) but it is unknown if they are taken by those who need them or not. If someone doesn't need one and you do, you could still get the stateroom.