(pssst!........)

j3000

(...during our upcoming (first!) cruise on Conquest..."someone" in our cabin will be celebrating his/her 65th birthday.....sshhhhh! But... any point in mentioning this to Carnival? - if so to whom?.... would they / do they offer any "perks" for any occasions like this? :) We DO NOT want a birthday cake & waiters signing at the table - good lord No! But a nice complimentary bottle of Champagne to the room, or something, would be nice...?)

Dream on???? or........??

Officially speaking, there are no celebration perks aside from what you can order and pay for. However, if you post on John Heald's Facebook a few days before sailing, you may be pleasantly surprised. ("May" being the key word - there's no guarantee.)

(...during our upcoming (first!) cruise on Conquest..."someone" in our cabin will be celebrating his/her 65th birthday.....sshhhhh! But... any point in mentioning this to Carnival? - if so to whom?.... would they / do they offer any "perks" for any occasions like this? :) We DO NOT want a birthday cake & waiters signing at the table - good lord No! But a nice complimentary bottle of Champagne to the room, or something, would be nice...?)

There is nothing they give expect a birthday cake and singing one night in the MDR. If you wanted that, you can go on your booking and there is a cruise checklist. There is a link to plan a celebration, there is multiple packages to choose from, but they do cost. The only thing that is free is the Cake and Singing in the MDR.

SHHHHH! If this is YOUR friend, what is it YOU are doing for him? You can do exactly as you know what he likes.

there is a place in your cruise manager (Cruise Details/My Guests/Modify user) to note special occasions. You can also call the 800 number and let a rep know and they will make a note of it in your account. I've never seen champagne but on our anniversary cruise our cabin steward gave us a coupon for 25$ off a bottle of wine, a 50$ spa certificate, a free small picture from Pixels and the waitstaff in MDR brought us a little happy anniversary cake.

When we sailed for my birthday I don't think I even made a note in our cruise manager of it as my actual birthday was the following week and I didn't think it would count but the steward again gifted me with a 50 dollar spa certificate which I put towards a cheap grooming package.. I would have given it to my wife but they are not transferable so I used it for a beard trim and a wash and blow dry. It was actually much nicer than I expected - i found out I like having someone else wash my hair and massage my scalp for me lol.

The only way you're guaranteed something in your cabin is if you purchase it yourself through the Fun Shops.

There are hundreds of guests celebrating weddings, birthdays, anniversaries on each sailing so you only get a slice of cake for free.

On our Dream Cruise in last year May DH turned 22 the day before our cruise. He was given a $50 Spa Credit and a Photo Gift Card. On our Sunshine Cruise last October was our 28th Anniversary. We were given a free dinner at the Italian Restaurant and a Photo Gift Card. My co-worker went on the Magic last month on her and her friends birthdays. My co-worker received chocolate covered strawberries, a $50 Spa Credit and a Photo Gift Card. Her friend was given a birthday cake, a $50 Spa Credit and a Photo Gift Card. People have been saying it is hit or miss but I've seen nothing but hits over the last year.

On our Dream Cruise in last year May DH turned 22 the day before our cruise. He was given a $50 Spa Credit and a Photo Gift Card. On our Sunshine Cruise last October was our 28th Anniversary. We were given a free dinner at the Italian Restaurant and a Photo Gift Card. My co-worker went on the Magic last month on her and her friends birthdays. My co-worker received chocolate covered strawberries, a $50 Spa Credit and a Photo Gift Card. Her friend was given a birthday cake, a $50 Spa Credit and a Photo Gift Card. People have been saying it is hit or miss but I've seen nothing but hits over the last year.

Just reread this DS turned 22 not DH....he only wishes.

There is nothing they give expect a birthday cake and singing one night in the MDR. If you wanted that, you can go on your booking and there is a cruise checklist. There is a link to plan a celebration, there is multiple packages to choose from, but they do cost. The only thing that is free is the Cake and Singing in the MDR.

They won't sing to you if you ask them not too. :) I think they were a little relieved when I asked them not to. There had already been 4 birthdays that evening that we heard. They will bring plates and silverware for you.

Have a look at this thread, some of us were just talking about this recently. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2503932

But mainly, I'd offer the same advice as originalgeek above. Get it noted on your booking that there's a special occasion. Other than buying something yourself or trying to post on John Heald's fb page, this is a good way to possibly get a little free treat. We're taking my wife's brother, his wife, and their kids on our next cruise. It's close to their anniversary. The Carnival rep. asked if there were any special occasions at the time we booked, so we told them about that. She said they'd probably get a bottle of champagne on their first night, or something else. It's also noted in our booking when we log on.

On my Husbands birthday we had anytime dining(9 people) but requested the same wait staff every night. We talked to the wait staff the night before about the surprise and they let us decorate his chair and they also sang Happy Birthday to him in the MDR. We slipped our staff some extra cash for the trouble.We of course were the first ones in the dining room that night so we could decorate before they opened. If you talk to them they are very accommodating. He also received a gift certificate from the spa . All of us were already celebrating our anniversaries and received a free dinner from the Italian restaurant.

Dunno about birthdays, but a mention to John Heald's Facebook page and a note on the booking that my wife and I were on our anniversary trip netted us a free bottle of champagne (okay, sparkling wine), some chocolate-covered strawberries, a ship-on-a-stick, some spa credit (I forget how much) and some discount coupons for something (maybe jewelry?).