MSC Offers.

Except for the airfares to get there.

Keep an eye out for package deals, airfares and cruise. We did two cruises not back to back and made our own arrangements and transfers for the week in between,

Overall, two 7 night cruises, airfares, week of hotels in Italy, Milan, Genoa and Venice, transfers, plus 4 included shore excursions and complimentary wine package for dinner came to under $5000 each.

Keep an eye out for package deals, airfares and cruise. We did two cruises not back to back and made our own arrangements and transfers for the week in between,

Overall, two 7 night cruises, airfares, week of hotels in Italy, Milan, Genoa and Venice, transfers, plus 4 included shore excursions and complimentary wine package for dinner came to under $5000 each.

That's really not a bad deal. [emoji4]

MSC Musica .Just got a newsletter from MSC NZ for an interesting cruise 21 day cruise , Venice to Rio .....from $82 NZ per night. The stops in Northern Brazil look fabulous.

Departing Venice, Italy, Sunday 12 November 2017

MSC MUSICA cruising;Italy, Malta, Spain, Portugal, Brazil

INCLUDES: Mealtime drinks package, 3 FREE shore excursions, 30% discount on laundry

Except for the airfares to get there.

Some pretty decent airfares to Europe around for this year and next year, if you want to travel economy, I see Cathay Pacific and Singapore A/L around $1500 return, SYD-LHR. Qantas/Emirates as usual don't give much away. :evilsmile:

China Southern doing the London run for around $1200. Business is down a bit. River cruises are down 30% as well for those interested.:*

***STOP PRESS** My contacts have just given me a price of $5575 for Qantas Business Class SYD-LHR return. That is $3000 off their normal business fare, plus they give free night - 5 star in Doha, plus transfers and pay for your visa, what ever that costs. No set of Steak Knives but, sad that. lol.

Edited by NSWP

Good work.

Some pretty decent airfares to Europe around for this year and next year, if you want to travel economy, I see Cathay Pacific and Singapore A/L around $1500 return, SYD-LHR. Qantas/Emirates as usual don't give much away. :evilsmile:

China Southern doing the London run for around $1200. Business is down a bit. River cruises are down 30% as well for those interested.:*

***STOP PRESS** My contacts have just given me a price of $5575 for Qantas Business Class SYD-LHR return. That is $3000 off their normal business fare, plus they give free night - 5 star in Doha, plus transfers and pay for your visa, what ever that costs. No set of Steak Knives but, sad that. lol.

Yes, I am monitoring the airfares but I tend to need the airfares for next winter not this summer.

Sorry guys, I made a blue, it is Qatar not Qantas that is doing the $5575 to London. Qantas would not give you the time of day, they want $9000 SYD-LHR return. They are joking, surely.:evilsmile:

Sorry guys, I made a blue, it is Qatar not Qantas that is doing the $5575 to London. Qantas would not give you the time of day, they want $9000 SYD-LHR return. They are joking, surely.:evilsmile:

I have received some great offers from Qatar. However, I wonder what the situation would be with regard to insurance if there were delays due to current demands from their neighbours in the region.

I was going to say that doesn't sound right. Qantas don't go near Doha, so didn't make sense to give a hotel stay there.

Qatar is brilliant though - much more comfortable than Qantas business in any case.

I have received some great offers from Qatar. However, I wonder what the situation would be with regard to insurance if there were delays due to current demands from their neighbours in the region.

It's unlikely you'd be affected as they can't be blocked much further for international flights. (Local is a different matter.) But if they were they'd very likely find some way to re-route you, or worst case refund you, so insurance wouldn't come into it.

Thought I would update you with my flight research re anybody going to Europe next year. Just now booked Cathay Pacific Business Class, SYD-LHR-SYD. For AU$6000 with industry discount. Pretty good as far as I am concerned, flown Cathay couple of times before, very good airline in all classes.

Leave 21 May, fly back 7 July.:p

Thought I would update you with my flight research re anybody going to Europe next year. Just now booked Cathay Pacific Business Class, SYD-LHR-SYD. For AU$6000 with industry discount. Pretty good as far as I am concerned, flown Cathay couple of times before, very good airline in all classes.

Leave 21 May, fly back 7 July.:p

Good deal on good airline. Nice time of year!

It sometimes pays to book when the fares are just released with airlines like Qantas/Emirates. We scored good open jaw airfares into Paris and out of Barcelona for our September Med cruise when we booked them late last year. We paid $1744 for the flights with two sectors and minimal transit time each way. We could have got cheaper flights, just over $1500, but those had more sectors and/or long transit times between flights. At least by booking early we were able to pick the combinations of flights that suited us best. The same flights are $2987 now. :eek:

It pays to check on upgrades available. We were checking in (electronic) at Sydney last year for a cruise/tour in the US flying American Airlines. Out of curiosity I checked for upgrages not expecting a result but scored business class seats for $630 each. Yes please!