Cabin Upgrade?

AidenL

I have booked an A2 cabin and I see in the Captains Club notes that an upgrade is available within the same class , but has to be requested when booking.

When i booked it on Celebritys website, i entered my Captains Club number, but I didn't see anywhere to request an upgrade.

Im happy enough with the cabin I chose, but I guess an upgrade is an upgrade, I guess to an A1 which would be on deck 12.

Is it worth requesting, and if so, what is the procedure for requesting the upgrade, or have I missed the boat, pardon the pun ! :D

When we booked an A1 cabin, we paid A1 prices. But later I read that as Captain's Club members, the price should be that of an A2 cabin. I called, and we saved $100.

While your situation is different, it's certainly worth a phone call to Celebrity. Good luck.

Generally, to get the upgrade, you book the A1 cabin and then they charge you the A2 price. You need to remind them that you are aware of the upgrade availability in case they don't tell you. If you are happy with the cabin you have chosen, then stay with it. Sometmes the A1 cabins are in less desirable locations, such as under the pool deck.

I don't believe there is a place online where you can book the 1 category upgrade ... you have to call to ask. I have had no issues with booking the upgrade after the fact, although, there are some restrictions involved. It cannot be part of a group booking, only certain categories are applicable, etc.

I have even had our TA contact me once letting me know that the cruiseline had some openings in the category above ours (2D to 2C) where they weren't previously available and wanted to know if I wanted my upgrade. It is rare when they come out with this information, even at the time of booking it. I once had to insist on it while booking a cruise onboard. It is not a guarantee on any particular sailing, but haven't had them turn me down before.

With that being said, I really like the location of the A2 cabins better than the A1 cabins when sailing on the S Class ships. Many of the A1's are under the pool and while that may not bother some, I prefer to be under a cabin vs a public deck. If you like the cabin location of your A2, I would stick with that, even though there is no savings. If you find an A1 cabin that you really like, it wouldn't hurt to call to ask for your cabin to be changed without any additional cost. I would find it unlikely that they would turn you down.

Suggest you learn from this experience that it is better to call to book your cruises rather than book online when you want the one category upgrade for the lower category price.

I have booked an A2 cabin and I see in the Captains Club notes that an upgrade is available within the same class , but has to be requested when booking.

When i booked it on Celebritys website, i entered my Captains Club number, but I didn't see anywhere to request an upgrade.

Im happy enough with the cabin I chose, but I guess an upgrade is an upgrade, I guess to an A1 which would be on deck 12.

Is it worth requesting, and if so, what is the procedure for requesting the upgrade, or have I missed the boat, pardon the pun ! :D

As a couple of us have noted, just call Celebrity and see what happens.

I've done it after the original booking two or three times. In one case there were no A1 cabins available when I booked an A2. When one came available, I contacted my TA and Celebrity gave us the one category upgrade.

I booked 1546 in the Reflection, and it gets good commentary on the Cabin thread.

The available A1s are all near the Persian gardens and Spa area, and I'm not sure if they are actually better?

Ok, on hold for 25 mins, finally got through, seems they aren't inclined to change, as it should have been done at time of booking (even though theres no indication how to do that on the website) - bounced to two Customer Service people in celebrity, then they transferred me to RCL, who said they can't change Celebrity bookings.

So I'm now on hold again.......

Seems this isn't going to be easy.....

So, got through to Captains Club and they say they can't apply the upgrade, as I'd lose the promotions attached.

But if I had booked it myself, the promotions would apply.

Seems Computer Says No, and no-one can be bothered to figure out a way around it.

I'll not throw my toys out of the pram, as it is my fault / innocence that i didn't know I should have went for the A1, but still a little disappointing that someone can't punch a few buttons and do an alteration.

Oh well !

Just had a call form a very helpful lady called Kirsten who sorted all out for me.

Got an A1 on the slope of the hump, 2106, which has a big balcony , so it should be nice :)

Happy ending :)

So glad you were able to get this worked out to your satisfaction. Amazing how the right person can get things done when no one else can. Your cabin is right under the Solarium so should not be that noisy. It will be convenient and the larger balcony is a bonus! Enjoy your cruise.

So glad you were able to get this worked out to your satisfaction. Amazing how the right person can get things done when no one else can. Your cabin is right under the Solarium so should not be that noisy. It will be convenient and the larger balcony is a bonus! Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you ! :D

Just a little confused. If I book C2 and pay for C2, I cannot be upgraded to C1. I was told this is the same for A2 to A1. You CAN go from C3 and upgraded to C2; but won't work C2 to C1. It's somewhere in their small print.

Just a little confused. If I book C2 and pay for C2, I cannot be upgraded to C1. I was told this is the same for A2 to A1. You CAN go from C3 and upgraded to C2; but won't work C2 to C1. It's somewhere in their small print.

I can confirm I was moved from A2 to A1 today and it didn't cost extra.

The C2 to C1 upgrade is not permitted. The A2 to A1 upgrade is permitted.

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

We had an A2 booked for an upcoming cruise because we prefer being towards the back of the ship under other cabins. When an A1 on the hump opened up I called Celebrity and was told we can't have the Captain's Club upgrade unless it is done at the time of booking. I called Captain's Club to verify this and they told me it could be done without losing any of the perks we had tied to our original booking. In the future, I will call them if my question has anything to do with Captains Club.

I just booked via phone and received my upgrade from an A2 to an A1 cabin.

You cannot change cabin classes in your free upgrade. Ie: interior to ocean view, ocean view to balcony.

However you can go up one cabin category in your same cabin grouping.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked 1546 in the Reflection, and it gets good commentary on the Cabin thread.

The available A1s are all near the Persian gardens and Spa area, and I'm not sure if they are actually better?

We stay in either 1547 or 1549, good location, near the lifts and quiet.

Good news for you, finally! We were told A2 to A1 and C3 to C2 but C1 not included in upgrade offer, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Forums