New video of Eclipse in Norway and Ireland

slidewilson

Hi everyone,

I've posted a few of my drone videos here in the past. I've just sailed on the Eclipse for the Norway/President's cruises last month and was able to capture some great moments of the ship in Norway and Ireland. Have a look at my new highlight video, if you'd like:

Thanks everyone, and take care!

Jim

Thanks for a lovely video. Also for the music link, as I'm always looking for music for slideshows.

As drones are on Celebrity's prohibited list, how have you been able board/re-board with one without having it taken away and held until the final disembarkation? I've been very tempted to buy one for a few years now, but I'd get the best use while cruising, and most (all?) lines seem to prohibit them.

Thanks for a lovely video. Also for the music link, as I'm always looking for music for slideshows.

As drones are on Celebrity's prohibited list, how have you been able board/re-board with one without having it taken away and held until the final disembarkation? I've been very tempted to buy one for a few years now, but I'd get the best use while cruising, and most (all?) lines seem to prohibit them.

Drones are indeed on Celebrity's prohibited list. I was doing some work for the company in photo and video and extensive approvals had to be obtained between the ship's officers and shoreside office. As well, we had to request permission from the port authorities for each separate port we visited. Also, the drone was stored with security the entire duration of the cruise when we weren't in port.

If a guest shows up with a drone (and without prior obtained permission from.. everyone), it'll probably spend the cruise locked up with security. Probably just a waste of time for the guest.

As an aside, I agree with the company on this one. As amazing as drones are and as much as they can truly augment a vacation experience, they can be dangerous in untrained hands and can pose a serious threat in ports. We saw plenty of inexperienced drone pilots buzzing the mountain in Bergen, flying over and far too close to crowded public areas. I saw a guy almost smash his drone into the railing, trying to land his drone from a place he shouldn't have been flying from. I'm sure the company has no interest in dealing with a drone that crashes in/on/around the ship. My $0.02 :)

Ah, that explains it.

As much as I appreciate drones and the avenues they've opened up for photography, I agree totally with your comments. Even at home, ever tighter restrictions are being placed on their use thanks to the many unthinking and uncaring users. Too bad that they've spoiled it for others.

Thanks for the memories....we were on the Norway cruise! Still cannot believe the weather we had! A few friends thought I was exaggerating about how blue our skies were....now I will just show them your video!

Amazing video as I was on this cruise, so many memories, please could I have a copy if possible xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Amanda! Unfortunately, I can't distribute copies of the video, but it'll be up here on Youtube for the foreseeable future! :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the memories....we were on the Norway cruise! Still cannot believe the weather we had! A few friends thought I was exaggerating about how blue our skies were....now I will just show them your video!

Awesome! I totally agree... that weather was OUTSTANDING! Not sure if you stayed around for the next cruise but it was indeed back to gloomy grey :)

Great work, Norway looks great, and Cork here in Ireland? Did you do any footage in Dublin?

Thanks Aiden!

We didn't get any footage in Dublin but then flying in/around big cities is a whole different beast, and you need a lot more approvals and planning. We decided to stick to the out-of-town scenic locations!

Awesome! I totally agree... that weather was OUTSTANDING! Not sure if you stayed around for the next cruise but it was indeed back to gloomy grey :)

No, we unfortunately couldn't get a b2b we did try!

Our Norwegian cruise was booked when, owing to health issues, a farther afield cruise had to be rescheduled. Room choices were so limited on the Iceland cruise...We booked the PH on the Norwegian cruise for the wonderful windows but to actually get to use the balcony and jacuzzi and to be able to dry off after in the sun was just so unexpected and such a treat!

We had wondered about 'writing off' this year as I had health issues and were worried that that we could not enjoy or make the most from any cruise....All credit to my husband, he sorted some special tours, and on board Celebrity could not do more to help....No regrets...

Sometimes I do think that you are smiled on by the Gods and just need to appreciate it....this was one of those occasions....

Going on the Eclipse Sep for the first time .is there a restaurant called lawn grill like on the reflection hope so??

The LCG is only on Silhouette and Reflection. :)