Equinox drink packages upgrades

blue315

Someone said in the past there had been 2 for 1 upgrades from the classic to the premium package while onboard.

Does anyone know if this has been available recently?

Sailing in one month.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tried accessing my reservation with Classic Beverage Package included when I booked, to see how much it would be to upgrade to Premium with discount today, but couldn't do so.

Does anyone know if we can get/book a discount from Classic to premium?

Tx

Tried accessing my reservation with Classic Beverage Package included when I booked, to see how much it would be to upgrade to Premium with discount today, but couldn't do so.

Tx

UPDATE: Just saw this...I guess there is no discount on just upgrading to Premium...Is that correct?

Classic To Premium Package Upgrade

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the…

From*

$11.80 USD Adult per day

There is currently a weekend sale on beverage packages on some 2017 cruises. On my transatlantic, the classic beverage package is 50% off, plus grats. I didn't see a sale on upgrades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just upgraded mine by calling Celebrity directly, can confirm there is no discount on upgrades.

Found it best to upgrade while on board. Go to the bar that you think that you will be using the most and have the BT upgrade it. They get some compensation and found that they really appreciate it and will remember you during the cruise. Not that most won't but it is worth doing.

There is no advantage to booking prior. I did it a few times and 2 times it wasn't listed on my card and I had to stand in line at Guest Relations and then come back a few hours later while they waited to receive the confirmation that I paid for it. I even showed them the email that I had and they said that didn't mean anything.

If you don't like having the sticker you can always get your card replaced and the new one will show the premium.

Drink up 🍷🍹🍸🍺

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - if you're upgrading onboard, it *is* worth it to do so strategically.

the server/bartender that processes the upgrade gets the entire gratuity on it, so be sure to do so with someone that works at a bar you'll frequent. we found a very friendly server on day one, asked what bars/spots he worked at and upgraded through him. there were 4 of us on a 10-day, so he made some decent coin off it and was very appreciative.

he made a point of bringing us drinks even if we weren't in his section and we sometimes jumped the line at busy bars when he was around.

Thank you for that valuable tip about upgrading strategically with a favorite BT. We're going on our first Celebrity cruise and went all out and booked a B2B. We should be well bonded with several BT's after 2 weeks!

hi

I updated my classic package to premium package yesterday I just called celebrity and just had to pay the difference so well worth the extra

does that mean all my drinks now are covered under this package I am not a big drinker but do like the cocktails and martini's :cool:

I have just upgraded from classic to premium phoned celebrity up and they did it for me just paid the difference

Tx

Bluenose, all drinks are not covered. Room service isn't. Minibar isn't. Full bottles of wine aren't. Enigmatic wine machines aren't. And there are drinks available on board which exceed the price point of your package, things like high-end liquors, brandies, etc.

Hi everyone .... can one person in the room upgrade to premium drink pkg???:)

yes....it's done all the time.

BTW.....for those who are captain's club elite PLUS, I'd recommend that you upgrade on board where they will (often) apply your 10% beverage package discount to the upgrade price.

Edited by ghstudio

Premium Package

$65 USD/per night*

Just $10 per night more than Classic Package

Enjoy all the spirits listed in the Classic

Package PLUS elevate your experience

with the additional brands listed below.

Includes beverages up to $13.

Can you wait until the 2d or 3d day to upgrade, and will they charge only for the days remaining?

We did that on our June 4 Equinox cruise. We waited until the sea day (3rd day of our trip) as we didn't think we would get use out of it before then. We easily upgraded 2 of us and it was worth it!

Patti