Uber/Lyft vs Taxi-Cab From MIA Airport to Port Miami

gigito2

Can anyone comment on their recent experiences? I've used Uber many times in the past both in NYC & Orlando with excellent results.

I've just googled the various fares of Uber vs taxi and it looks like $16 vs $27 respectively. Can't tell how old the info is tho.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Uber. We've done it from MIA to port of Miami and from port of Miami to MIA.

From the airport is much easier, because of the madness outside the port terminal when everyone disembarks and there are so many modes of transportation vying and converging. Your uber driver will likely phone you, asking which terminal you're at. Be sure to know that ahead of time.

Thank you all for your responses.

We'll be 3 ladies - each w/ 1 carry on and only 1 checked bag amongst the 3 of us. So, do you thinkUber XL would be a better bet? Guess we can set that up when we make request?

I never thought about the Surge Pricing - guess wee can check that out also when we make request.

Thank you all for your responses.

We'll be 3 ladies - each w/ 1 carry on and only 1 checked bag amongst the 3 of us. So, do you thinkUber XL would be a better bet? Guess we can set that up when we make request?

I never thought about the Surge Pricing - guess wee can check that out also when we make request.

UberX should work for the 3 of you. The typical UberX vehicle is a Toyota Camry or similar sized car, although I've had everything from a Honda Fit to a king cab pick-up truck.

For a few bucks more you can just use a regular taxi - grab the first one in the line.

Surge pricing is demand driven and is clearly indicated on the app when you request a ride. Often, if you wait a few minutes it will go away as more cars become available.

Neal

Neal from Cincinnati.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you post a comparison of prices?

Uber and Lyft prices will be very similar; Lyft allows you to include a tip in your final bill if you desire. Both will be about 60% (give or take) of the comparable cab fare. Bigger savings on the longer runs.

I realized that after doing my own research last night. Uber is adding in a tip function by the end of June or July. My credit card gives me an Uber credit per month so I will be using it exclusively for a while.

Uber and Lyft prices will be very similar; Lyft allows you to include a tip in your final bill if you desire. Both will be about 60% (give or take) of the comparable cab fare. Bigger savings on the longer runs.

Uber or Lyft wont work for us since we dont have data plan for our phones in US. So how much is a regular cab for two from Miami airport to Miami port?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

$27+tip flat rate fare (ignore the meter). Ride takes about 15 or so minutes. Same fare gets you back to MIA after the cruise. :cool:

$27+tip flat rate fare (ignore the meter). Ride takes about 15 or so minutes. Same fare gets you back to MIA after the cruise. :cool:

Thanks! If you dont mind me asking, what would be the appropriate tip? Tipping is not common in Scandinavia...

Sent from my iPad using Forums