Do we not get pins any more??

bluejay555

On the VIFP page it states that you get gold pins, but when you are Platinum it will have the ship on it. Ah ha!

To answer your question, we got our most recent gold pins on our cruise in December on the Elation. In the room on embarkation day, along with our drink pass, and bottle of water. If things work out right, I will get one more gold pin. And then our next cruise will be platinum. Except the fact that with DH's health the cruise dates keep changing.

They do change from each sailing with ships name and the year you sailed on her.

Not anymore. For our last three cruises (One in 2015 and two in 2017), the pin has a Whale Tail and just says VIFP Club with the year under it.

For each cruise we've been on, I buy the ship's model. I have a shelf in my garage with all of the models on it. Above each ship is a framed picture of that ship with the dates we sailed on her. I have drilled a small hole in the side of each frame and put the pin we got from that ship on it.

In November on the Freedom, no pins. We are platinum. I was disappointed because it would have been the 1st from Freedom. Didn' think about asking at guest services. Oh well, just have to try again next year..;)

We were on the Freedom in November for the Partial Transit of Panama Canal Journeys cruise and received out Freedom ships pins in our cabin.

Came across this thread as I am trying to decide how I can wear my pins for our next cruise. Anyone else want to share ideas about what you have done with all your pins? They do not work well on the backpack I use. I thought they might look nice on my straw hat, but after I put a couple on, I decided it looks gaudy. I think the ones we have received since turning platinum are much nicer than the funnel pins, and I would like to somehow wear them. They do not work well on dresses or summer tops!

I put them on my backpack! We use a backpack as a carry on for bathing suits and a change of clothes on embarkation day. We also use that backpack for port days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Came across this thread as I am trying to decide how I can wear my pins for our next cruise. Anyone else want to share ideas about what you have done with all your pins? They do not work well on the backpack I use. I thought they might look nice on my straw hat, but after I put a couple on, I decided it looks gaudy. I think the ones we have received since turning platinum are much nicer than the funnel pins, and I would like to somehow wear them. They do not work well on dresses or summer tops!

We generally leave ours in the cabin or give them away (I'm more of an "experiences" vs. "things" kind of person).

That being said, I think they had some "special" ones for a cruise to Cuba and some Journeys cruise we took last year. I think my spouse kept those....

We were on the Freedom in November for the Partial Transit of Panama Canal Journeys cruise and received out Freedom ships pins in our cabin.

That's probably the reason. They had so many platinum and diamond. We were getting on when you were getting off...:')

I will preface this by saying that I still like Carnival! but I have to say that I find they are becoming more and more inconsistent with many things, pins, are one of the lastest things.

I am gold level not so vip with Carnival, but cling to the last remaining crumbs that come with it, ie, the free bottle of water in my stateroom, and the coupon for a free drink, that I can use anytime after 5pm on the last day of my cruise! And oh yes, the pin!

Last cruise in September 2016, I also did not get a pin. Got my water on day two, and my coupon for free drink came at some time during the week, but no pin.

Now this did not get me all upset or anything, so I did not even bother to pester my frazzled but friendly room steward about it and let it go.

However, I did have an issue on that cruise that did bear a followup with Carnival Customer Care once I got home. I added a small side issue to my email of complaint, that I did not get my pin, and Customer care did come through with adequate result to my bigger issue, but I also recieved my pin in the mail from Miami, about two week later:D.

To me, it is not the pin, but the principle of it. The perks they are barely minimal until you reach platinum, but till then, every little thing counts. Well at least to me. LOL.

Honestly, in future cruises, if I get no pin, no biggie, but if it matters to you, and it is still listed as a "perk" in you vifp level, than I suggest you contact Carnival after cruise care. If people dont do it, the next thing we will see on JH page is that the pin is no longer being given to those who are less than platinum because nobody seemed to want them;p

While at our Meet & Mingle which included the manager of Guest Services we were told Carnival stopped giving out Gold pins over a year ago.

If that's true then the CCL VIFP web page is wrong as well because today I was on that page and my DH and I were joking about it listing in the gold column the "Gold VIFP pin on every sailing" and in the diamond and platinum columns "Unique, collectible pin (noting specific ship and year),

received on each sailing"

Thanks everyone! Sounds like our guy ran out and just didn't feel like getting more for us. Should have gone to guest services!

We were on the Conquest last week as well. Room steward said the same thing. We called and asked and he said he would look into it.

Went to guest services and got both our Platinum pins and gold pins for the kids.

Not our best steward, but a good cruise overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We generally leave ours in the cabin or give them away (I'm more of an "experiences" vs. "things" kind of person).

That being said, I think they had some "special" ones for a cruise to Cuba and some Journeys cruise we took last year. I think my spouse kept those....

For our cruise to Cuba, all we got was the one that said VIFP Club, 2017.

Seems they didn't have any on the ship. First world problem that should immediately be addressed.

Why the need for a snotty response? Completely valid question, you have wayyyy too much time on your hands.

As an aside I'd really like to have an option between the pin and some other item. I don't collect the pins and think a towel, or water bottle or some kind of option would be a great idea.

We didn't get ours on the Pride last month. We were told to send an email to them requesting the pins. Got them within a week. Hope that helps

Will try and find the email address. It's the first services one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk