Do we not get pins any more??

bluejay555

I have had some cruises where we did not receive the pins. To me, it was no big deal, and I have several of the other pins at home, so I never said anything to anyone. If it would have been important to me, I would have went to guest services though. OP, sorry that you did not get them!

I love the pins! I put them on my backpack and tote bag. What I really miss, though, is the funnel pin with the ship name on it. I was looking forward to collecting them from all my cruises & was disappointed when they stopped giving them out. It was a small thing, but I really liked it - even more than the chocolates at turndown.

Gee, you two are very helpful. But are they not on the ship because they are no longer given out? Reasonable question. I figured someone on here would be kind enough to know the answer and pass it along.

If you wanted to know if they still have the pins, why didn't you ask that question? Your post didn't ask for information, you simply told about a conversation you had with your room steward. Your post generated the kind of answers one would expect after reading a post like yours.

I love the pins! I put them on my backpack and tote bag. What I really miss, though, is the funnel pin with the ship name on it. I was looking forward to collecting them from all my cruises & was disappointed when they stopped giving them out. It was a small thing, but I really liked it - even more than the chocolates at turndown.

I do the same thing, put them on my backpack. I miss the funnel pin too. Since the chocolates are gone I doubt they will bring back the funnel pins.

In January on the Vista, we were given a 2016 pin and the room steward exchanged it for 2017 with no problems.

In April on the Breeze, we were given our bottled water and drink coupons but no pin. We waited a day or two in hopes they might give them another day. We didn't bother to ask our room steward because we never met him and just went to Guest services and they gave it to us.

If you wanted to know if they still have the pins, why didn't you ask that question? Your post didn't ask for information, you simply told about a conversation you had with your room steward. Your post generated the kind of answers one would expect after reading a post like yours.

I did ask the question. I made it the TITLE of my topic so that people who knew the answer might click on my post and engage in a helpful conversation. I went on to describe WHY I was asking that question in the body of my topic. And I have received some very helpful answers, actually. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm stuck at gold and will be for a while. I haven't looked closely, but I assume the pins don't change?

Honestly, it's something I can live without. I couldn't find the ones I have if I looked for an hour at my house. Can't see myself putting one on a hat, a tie, a lapel or anywhere for that matter.

I appreciate the free drink and bottle of water much more and I put them to good use.

I'm stuck at gold and will be for a while. I haven't looked closely, but I assume the pins don't change?

Honestly, it's something I can live without. I couldn't find the ones I have if I looked for an hour at my house. Can't see myself putting one on a hat, a tie, a lapel or anywhere for that matter.

I appreciate the free drink and bottle of water much more and I put them to good use.

They do change from each sailing with ships name and the year you sailed on her.

• 7 months later...

Came across this thread as I am trying to decide how I can wear my pins for our next cruise. Anyone else want to share ideas about what you have done with all your pins? They do not work well on the backpack I use. I thought they might look nice on my straw hat, but after I put a couple on, I decided it looks gaudy. I think the ones we have received since turning platinum are much nicer than the funnel pins, and I would like to somehow wear them. They do not work well on dresses or summer tops!

Now that I think about it...we did not get our pins on our Vista cruise this past November. We are Platinum.... Got everything else...gift, chocolate strawberrys, water, Platinum perks letter...etc I completely forgot though...We have so many...its not something I was looking for!!

We were on the Conquest from April 28 to May 7. And I can tell you they do not have Gold pins on the Conquest. My husband didn't get one. While at our Meet & Mingle which included the manager of Guest Services we were told Carnival stopped giving out Gold pins over a year ago. I said that was not true. I even said the paper with your coupon for your free drink says you get a pin. They didn't believe it. They wanted us to show them the paper saying this. Of course we never saw them again. And why can't they just look at it themselves. It is not like they don't have those papers onboard. I also didn't get my Platinum pin and this was my first Platinum cruise. I went down to Guest Services and they did have the Platinum one but no Gold ones.

They "ran out" of gold pins on our Vista cruise this last April, or that's what we were told by our cabin steward. He brought us platinum pins to make up for it and I told him that we weren't platinum and that it was o.k. if he didn't have any. But, he insisted that we take the pins, so we now have a couple of platinum pins in our collection.

Came across this thread as I am trying to decide how I can wear my pins for our next cruise. Anyone else want to share ideas about what you have done with all your pins? They do not work well on the backpack I use. I thought they might look nice on my straw hat, but after I put a couple on, I decided it looks gaudy. I think the ones we have received since turning platinum are much nicer than the funnel pins, and I would like to somehow wear them. They do not work well on dresses or summer tops!

Most of ours are on our backpack, but we did have one pop off once. Fortunately, it was seen before we got off the plane. Although the platinum ones are nice looking, I miss the funnel ones with the ship name on them. I tried putting some on my ball cap, but didn't like the way they looked. I do have one on a small tote bag that I occasionally carry to work. I thought about maybe one of those shadow boxes that are made for pins - our preacher has one that he uses for all the marathons and other races he has run. It makes a nice conversation piece. If anyone has any great ideas, I'd be interested.

Now that I think about it...we did not get our pins on our Vista cruise this past November. We are Platinum.... Got everything else...gift, chocolate strawberrys, water, Platinum perks letter...etc I completely forgot though...We have so many...its not something I was looking for!!

In my experience I get about 1 pin per 3 cruises lately and I've been platinum for 9 years. It seems lately I don't get pins on more cruises than I do get pins. I'm guessing it's another perk winding down because of an impending change to the VIFP program. JMHO. That's another discussion for another thread.

Edited by winddawn

Thank you, dmdiver.That is exactly why I am bit hesitant about putting them on my bag. I do not want to lose any, if they get bumped or something. I think I may try them on our beach bag/tote though, and see how it works.

In my experience I get about 1 pin per 3 cruises lately and I've been platinum for 9 years. It seems lately I don't get pins on more cruises than I do get pins. I'm guessing it's another perk winding down because of an impending change to the VIFP program. JMHO. That's another discussion for another thread.

I have been on 30 cruises and there has never been one where I did not get a ship's pin for that cruise left in my cabin. This includes my cruise on the Conquest , January 14, 2018.

When we went on our cruise in November they told us they ran out of platinum pins and to call corporate and they will mail them. I still haven’t gotten around to doing it. I don’t want 12(we went b2b) but at least for my kids since it would have been their first platinum one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums