Do we not get pins any more??

bluejay555

So last week we were on the Conquest and our room steward left us bottled water and free drink coupons. When I asked where the pins were he said they didn't have any on the ship. When I tried to ask further...like did you run out? What do you mean? All I got was " we don't have any on the ship". Ooooookay?

From the way you describe it, I would deduce that they didn't have any on the ship.

Seems they didn't have any on the ship. First world problem that should immediately be addressed.

Gee, you two are very helpful. But are they not on the ship because they are no longer given out? Reasonable question. I figured someone on here would be kind enough to know the answer and pass it along.

So last week we were on the Conquest and our room steward left us bottled water and free drink coupons. When I asked where the pins were he said they didn't have any on the ship. When I tried to ask further...like did you run out? What do you mean? All I got was " we don't have any on the ship". Ooooookay?

He lied we just got ours.

We were on the Conquest from April 28 to May 7. And I can tell you they do not have Gold pins on the Conquest. My husband didn't get one. While at our Meet & Mingle which included the manager of Guest Services we were told Carnival stopped giving out Gold pins over a year ago. I said that was not true. I even said the paper with your coupon for your free drink says you get a pin. They didn't believe it. They wanted us to show them the paper saying this. Of course we never saw them again. And why can't they just look at it themselves. It is not like they don't have those papers onboard. I also didn't get my Platinum pin and this was my first Platinum cruise. I went down to Guest Services and they did have the Platinum one but no Gold ones.

from facebook:

John Heald

Name: Jeremiah----------

Message: Last week I was on the Breeze and I did not get a gold pin. My cabin cleaner told me there was none on the ship and another crew person told me that they were never coming back! I am not the only one who is upset by this John.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen a few comments like this so I thought it best that I pout a huge dollop of apology here and say that we have had some supply issues but we are not stopping them and all the ships will be stocked as soon as possible.

It got me wondering though, what do you do with your gold, platinum and diamond pins?

We're gold and I made a comment to our steward that we didn't get pins. I was told they were all out of gold pins. He felt bad and gave us some platinum pins instead. I tried to refuse those, but he insisted.

My guess is that there a LOT of gold cruisers out there and they can't keep up.

Way back in the day, when such trivial stuff actually mattered to me, we did not get them on the ship. I emailed Carnival when we got back and they sent them to us.

Gee, you two are very helpful. But are they not on the ship because they are no longer given out? Reasonable question. I figured someone on here would be kind enough to know the answer and pass it along.

We were on the May 20th Vista and did not get pins. Wondered about that but didn't ask. I had two cabins and neither had pins.