Figuring out number of Elites

geoherb

What I think is odd is that the captains circle levels are dependent upon cruises or number of days at sea. It doesn't make sense to me that if I cruise the same number of days in a suite as someone who only pays for an inside cabin that we should reach elite status in the same number of cruises. It should be tied to $ spent.

There would be no way to determine this because someone could stay in an inside an gamble $1000s and buy $200 bottles of champagne nightly whereas someone in a suite could not spend an additional dime. The person in the inside would have in the long run brought more revenue to the line. The number of cruises or days at sea is a more neutral determination.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be the one complaining if my laundry does not come back within a reasonable amount of time. Apparently Princess isn't good at managing staff. I'm sure there are enough staff on the ship who could be taught how to do the laundry so that it all gets done in a timely manner. When I am walking around in the early morning, I see a ton of crew members polishing the brass and glass and vacuuming the public areas. I could put up with a few fingerprints on the brass and glass if my clothes could get done more quickly.

What I think is odd is that the captains circle levels are dependent upon cruises or number of days at sea. It doesn't make sense to me that if I cruise the same number of days in a suite as someone who only pays for an inside cabin that we should reach elite status in the same number of cruises. It should be tied to $ spent.

If you sail in a suite you get TWO cruise credits per cruise. If you sail as a single in a full suite, you get 3.

I'll be the one complaining if my laundry does not come back within a reasonable amount of time. Apparently Princess isn't good at managing staff. I'm sure there are enough staff on the ship who could be taught how to do the laundry so that it all gets done in a timely manner. When I am walking around in the early morning, I see a ton of crew members polishing the brass and glass and vacuuming the public areas. I could put up with a few fingerprints on the brass and glass if my clothes could get done more quickly.

The laundry runs 24 hours a day, which you get to see on the behind the scenes tour. It sure opened my eyes to how hard they work down there. It also shows how many machines they have to use for all the laundry that needs doing on a ship. It isn't an infinite space with infinite machines [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think Princess needs to rethink how people arrive at being Elite. Definitely should be number of days and not cruise credits.

With singles (and I fully understand why) getting doubles, and those short one day cruises where people go to get Elite status quickly, this problem will only get worse.

I totally agree with you on this part of your post. 'Number of days NOT cruise credits.

Tony

That must have caused quite a commotion since it's one of the perks I thought always applied.

It sounds like it's time for another top category above Elite. ;)

Unless you eliminate priority tendering and laundry service from the elite level, I can't see how adding another category will help.

Or they could simply allow X amount of laundry dollars for the regular Elite and unlimited laundry dollars for the Super Elite.

We don't use the laundry very much anyway but it could improve the service markedly.

Then the cruise line would lose actual $$$ from us Platinum and lower who still pay to use the laundry rooms due to the thousands of elites hogging the machines. Not to mention Grandma who is elite will be spending her vacation time doing 3 generations of laundry during those multi generation family trips.

If it means so much to get your laundry back the next day you can always tick the presto box, nothing says you have to send it out for the complimentary service :halo:

That is what we would do if we couldn't get laundry back before three or four days, especially these days almost everyone has a good amount of onboard cruise credits. I would just pay for my laundry with my OBCs and be done with it.

We do this on other cruise lines all the time where we have zero status, use OBC to pay for laundry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The laundry runs 24 hours a day, which you get to see on the behind the scenes tour. It sure opened my eyes to how hard they work down there. It also shows how many machines they have to use for all the laundry that needs doing on a ship. It isn't an infinite space with infinite machines [emoji3]

Same here for us, the UST time in the laundry room was fascinating. If you are looking for the hardest working people on the ship head there! And for those asking yes there is a separate hamper for the Elite laundry from the paid/suite laundry, whilst I doubt they would deliberately ignore the Elite hamper they do have an obligation to empty the paid hamper within the time frame those passengers have paid for.

Then the cruise line would lose actual $$$ from us Platinum and lower who still pay to use the laundry rooms due to the thousands of elites hogging the machines. Not to mention Grandma who is elite will be spending her vacation time doing 3 generations of laundry during those multi generation family trips.

It is what it is. Elites who have earned the laundry get better service & others have to pay.

On the HAL world cruise there many eligible for priority tendering. What they did is declare that fact, then dedicate a tender for all the priority people. We all understood the issue/ challenge, it worked well.