Sports on TV

amberjohn

We have been on 3 Boston to Bermuda cruises in the past 8 years on the Dawn. We are big sports fans and thought having a drink in the ship bars and watching the games with other passengers would be a lot of fun. To our disappointment only recorded soccer games were repeated over and over. Do any of the other NCL ships (especially the Breakaway and Gem) show live sports games (NFL, NBA, MLB) on their TVs?

thanks

Breakaway does not on any consistent basis. They have a channel called Sport24 that primarily shows the soccer games you mention, as well as cricket, during the day. At night they show a game or two from whichever pro sport is in season in the US.

We have been on 3 Boston to Bermuda cruises in the past 8 years on the Dawn. We are big sports fans and thought having a drink in the ship bars and watching the games with other passengers would be a lot of fun. To our disappointment only recorded soccer games were repeated over and over. Do any of the other NCL ships (especially the Breakaway and Gem) show live sports games (NFL, NBA, MLB) on their TVs?thanks

We got a lot of European Football (soccer) and table tennis (ping pong) on our cruise in April.

When we were on the Gem in May, all NHL and NBA playoff games were shown on Sports 24. This channel was available on any TV on the ship including the Stateroom TV's. We watched the OT of game 7 of the Stanley Cup semifinals in O'Sheehan's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

they seem to find a way for soemthing big like superbowl, world series. we saw a Patriots game once on one of the smaller ships (jewel maybe?). its rare tho. i think it has something to do with the licenses adn contracts they have with the various tv providers.

We have been on 3 Boston to Bermuda cruises in the past 8 years on the Dawn. We are big sports fans and thought having a drink in the ship bars and watching the games with other passengers would be a lot of fun. To our disappointment only recorded soccer games were repeated over and over. Do any of the other NCL ships (especially the Breakaway and Gem) show live sports games (NFL, NBA, MLB) on their TVs?

thanks

They do show football, but they don't broadcast baseball:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1943

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2850

they seem to find a way for soemthing big like superbowl, world series. we saw a Patriots game once on one of the smaller ships (jewel maybe?). its rare tho. i think it has something to do with the licenses adn contracts they have with the various tv providers.

There was no World Series on the Gem this past October.

When we were on the Gem in May, all NHL and NBA playoff games were shown on Sports 24. This channel was available on any TV on the ship including the Stateroom TV's.

they seem to find a way for soemthing big like superbowl, world series.

They show wide interest sports like the ones mentioned above via the Sport24 satellite.

http://sport24-tv.com/about

Saw last years NBA playoffs on the big screens by the pool last June on the Escape.

They do show football, but they don't broadcast baseball:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1943

Fleet wide except the Epic.

Sigh. Figures. Going to be on the Epic the first week in December, just as the Bucs are going to be starting their playoff push! Was hoping to sit at O'Sheenans and have a few drinks while watching the game.

Oh, well. Guess I'll have to wait until the following Saturday.

We were able to watch the Stanley Cup Finals live albeit 2 am on our Adriatic cruise in June. It was actually a lot of fun to get up for the games and watch our Pens win the Cup back to back! We even took a photo of our watch party and it made our hometown's pre-game show. It was on Sports 24 which shows live sports. We were on the Star.

A few years ago I watched a few MLB games on the NCL Sun.

In 2015 I cruised opening week of MLB. I had unlimited wifi and watched games easily thru my AtBat/MLB Ap.

This year I cruised before opening day. [emoji849][emoji461]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on the Epic 2x during football season, in recent years, and they showed NFL games. If I recall correctly, they showed one early, late, and night game on Sunday. The early and late ones on Sunday were on the Fox network. They showed the Mon and Thurs night games, also.

A few years ago, they showed most of the college bowl games.

Fleet wide except the Epic.

Sigh. Figures. Going to be on the Epic the first week in December, just as the Bucs are going to be starting their playoff push! Was hoping to sit at O'Sheenans and have a few drinks while watching the game.

Oh, well. Guess I'll have to wait until the following Saturday.

I've been on the Epic 2x during football season, in recent years, and they showed NFL games. If I recall correctly, they showed one early, late, and night game on Sunday. The early and late ones on Sunday were on the Fox network. They showed the Mon and Thurs night games, also.

A few years ago, they showed most of the college bowl games.

Well that's good news. I was really looking forward to watching football in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, lol. Wasn't going to ruin my vacation by not being able to, just thought it would be neat.

Thanks for the info.