HMC Cabana Questions specific to CCL

ChristinaN

We booked our upcoming cruise a bit late in the game. We have always purchased a cabana at HMC but everything is sold out this time. I'm wondering if they offer all the cabanas online prior to sailing or do they hold some back for once you are onboard? Probably wishful thinking on my part!

We booked our upcoming cruise a bit late in the game. We have always purchased a cabana at HMC but everything is sold out this time. I'm wondering if they offer all the cabanas online prior to sailing or do they hold some back for once you are onboard? Probably wishful thinking on my part!

No, Carnival does not hold any back. Not always, but sometimes there will be a cancellation. Try to be among the first to board and head straight to the Excursions Desk. Ask if there's been a cancellation for one of the cabanas. Good luck!

Agree with beachbum53. I managed to score a cabana last year by heading straight to the excursions desk once on board and put my name on a list. Two days before we reached HMC, we were notified that a cabana was available. It really made the day at HMC much more enjoyable.

We've had success by getting on the waiting list at Shore Excursions too.

Also, before our last cruise to HMC, I checked the excursion web page daily (or more), and was able to grab one that became available.

In our past experience, since we usually book a Carnival cruise within a few months of sailing, we've been able to send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com with our sailing information and ask to be put on the cabana wait list. The first time I did this, the shore excursion desk put me at the bottom of a waiting list with several names warning that my chances were really slim until I explained that I emailed in advance and showed her the printout. She moved my name right up to #2 on the list as the #1 person had emailed the day before I did and we happily enjoyed a cabana that trip. Second time I was all ready with my printout for proof but this time it was the manager at the desk and she said oh yes we got your email, you are at the top of our list as the only one to have emailed us.

I had this happen one time, but there was still a villa available. Even though there was only 2 of us, I booked the Villa and immediately went to every roll call for the cruise I could find offering the 6 extra spots for 1/8th of the cost of the villa for each spot. All the spots had at least 3 requests in about 7 hours. I did not ask for payment up front. I said we would get together on embarkation day and settle up. I identified the first 6 responders and provided a list of the others in the order that I received their request as a backup sequence if any of the first 6 changed their minds and backed out. Several people offered to pay the additional charge that is necessary for bodies over the allowed 8, but we did not accept that as an option. On the whole, it worked out fine and we enjoyed the people we met and shared the day with. Don't know if this is something that you would consider if there is still a villa available, but it can be done. Good luck.

In our past experience, since we usually book a Carnival cruise within a few months of sailing, we've been able to send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com with our sailing information and ask to be put on the cabana wait list. The first time I did this, the shore excursion desk put me at the bottom of a waiting list with several names warning that my chances were really slim until I explained that I emailed in advance and showed her the printout. She moved my name right up to #2 on the list as the #1 person had emailed the day before I did and we happily enjoyed a cabana that trip. Second time I was all ready with my printout for proof but this time it was the manager at the desk and she said oh yes we got your email, you are at the top of our list as the only one to have emailed us.

Thanks for the 411! I had not heard about being able to email the Excursion folks to get put on the list ahead of time, I always thought you had to wait until you boarded to get on the list. I've emailed them, but our sailing is only 17 days away, so I'm not sure how much good it will do.

Back in Oct I got on the wait list after we got on board Pride, and we did get a cabana a day later...but unfortunately missed HMC due to weather. :-( Maybe we'll have better luck this time!

So the one time we booked a last minute cruise about 2-3 months out they were all sold out online. We managed to get FTTF for both cabins and boarded really early and went straight to the excursion desk. When I asked if they had any cabanas available, she said yes we do. I was shocked and said we will take it and we got like 2nd pick of our choice. We took our adult daughters with us on the cruise and it was a great surprise for them. Guess it was meant to be and we all had a great day at HMC. I would definitely try to get onboard as soon as possible and head straight to the excursion desk. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was lucky enough to get a cabana on HMC for my upcoming trip. 18 days to go!!! I was unable to book one at Grand Turk what do you think the chances are of getting one if I email the excursion desk?

We could not book a cabana prior to our cruise on the Elation -- all sold out. On a whim, I went to the Excursion desk and asked if they had any and was told "Yes, we have 3 cabanas available." I snagged one as a surprise for a couple who were turning Diamond on that cruise.

Siting in the designated place for tendering, an announcement was made that due to weather conditions we were going to by-pass HMC. :( We are now only 2 for 5 for HMC.

I was lucky enough to get a cabana on HMC for my upcoming trip. 18 days to go!!! I was unable to book one at Grand Turk what do you think the chances are of getting one if I email the excursion desk?

I'd give it a shot!

We could not book a cabana prior to our cruise on the Elation -- all sold out. On a whim, I went to the Excursion desk and asked if they had any and was told "Yes, we have 3 cabanas available." I snagged one as a surprise for a couple who were turning Diamond on that cruise.

Siting in the designated place for tendering, an announcement was made that due to weather conditions we were going to by-pass HMC. :( We are now only 2 for 5 for HMC.

Aaaarrrggh! That's the worst luck! We missed HMC last time...hoping to go this time, because it looks awesome!

I happen to know that they do hold cabanas back and have posted about my experience on similar threads. We rented the Private Oasis. A few days later received a call from the shore excursion manager saying there was a "glitch in the system" and the Private Oasis was already rented out several months earlier so we should've never been able to rent it. He apologized and comped us two regular cabanas. I told him that the regular cabanas had been sold out for months. He said they set a few aside that are not listed for sale on the website for just such incidents like the one that occurred with me. So I would definitely try to get on the waiting list or get to the excursion desk ASAP once you board. Good luck!

I happen to know that they do hold cabanas back and have posted about my experience on similar threads. We rented the Private Oasis. A few days later received a call from the shore excursion manager saying there was a "glitch in the system" and the Private Oasis was already rented out several months earlier so we should've never been able to rent it. He apologized and comped us two regular cabanas. I told him that the regular cabanas had been sold out for months. He said they set a few aside that are not listed for sale on the website for just such incidents like the one that occurred with me. So I would definitely try to get on the waiting list or get to the excursion desk ASAP once you board. Good luck!

Aha! That's good to know...thanks! I emailed the Excursions Desk at Carnival asking to be put on a waiting list and they responded a couple days later that I was...but my plan is to get on board as early as possible (we're sailing in a Suite so should be able to get on pretty much from the get go) and hit the Excursions Desk and see if they have anything.

I emailed the excursion desk about a cabana on Grand Turk and got a response to send my cabin number and reservation number and they would put me on a wait list! I will do this but we just rented a golf cart to explore the island so not so sure I need want a cabana!