Margaritaville on Breakaway - are drinks included?

The Chill Bar in Margaritaville is one of our regular hang outs. We love the variety of margaritas, but my favorite drink there is Havanas and Bananas. Yes, drinks are included with UBP. Check out the terms of the beverage package to read about exclusions.

We loved it also....we went there several times for lunch.

The food was pretty good and sometimes they had a guitar / singer.

The window seats provide a beautiful view of the ocean while cruising the Carribbean!:cool:

Don

• 2 weeks later...
The credit is worth 23.00, based upon a 3 meal package price of 69.00 prepaid. Why blow a 23.00 credit for a 15.00 venue?

I just wanted to know if it could be done (or how people adjusted/reacted to the change).

If people had planned on using the SDP before the change, they wouldn't have noticed/cared about the covercharge. People who were going to go a la carte were probably happy with the change since it is easy to go over $15.

I wasn't concerned with the price of the SDP since most get it as a promo and those who booked a suite (before the 18% was charged to suite guest) don't pay for the 3SDP.

I'm not even a fan of Margaritaville on land and disliked it even more on the ship.

I wonder if this will help or hurt the "popularity" of Margaritaville on BA and if the experiment will spread to Escape.

I wonder if this will help or hurt the "popularity" of Margaritaville on BA and if the experiment will spread to Escape.

I had read that it was very popular and jammed all of the time when the Escape debuted, but when it was no longer free and became a pay for option, you could hear crickets. This was verified last July and again in January when I cruised on the Escape. The only food I ever saw was a few orders of volcano nachos that were brought into Vibe on two different occasions.

Not sure when this happened, but last week on my BA sailing they changed it to a Price Fixed Venue. $14.99 per person, plus 18%, and you could eat whatever off the menu. Not able to just go and order Nacho and a drink!

Phyllis

Wow! That was not the case on June 4, so it just happened. If that's the case, that's a huge price increase. With the a la carte prices, you could eat 2 appetizers and a sandwich if you wanted and it would be cheaper than that. Even eating 2 sandwiches yourself would be cheaper than that. That's crazy!

I had read that it was very popular and jammed all of the time when the Escape debuted, but when it was no longer free and became a pay for option, you could hear crickets. This was verified last July and again in January when I cruised on the Escape. The only food I ever saw was a few orders of volcano nachos that were brought into Vibe on two different occasions.

It was pretty empty when I was on Escape. We ate there once but the loud music didn't help the experience. It wasn't "bad" but it wasn't "great", either.

It should have stayed complimentary and been an alternative to O'Sheehan's.

The Chill Bar in Margaritaville is one of our regular hang outs. We love the variety of margaritas, but my favorite drink there is Havanas and Bananas. Yes, drinks are included with UBP. Check out the terms of the beverage package to read about exclusions.

Havanas and Bananas is my favorite Margaritaville drink also.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

Wow! That was not the case on June 4, so it just happened. If that's the case, that's a huge price increase. With the a la carte prices, you could eat 2 appetizers and a sandwich if you wanted and it would be cheaper than that. Even eating 2 sandwiches yourself would be cheaper than that. That's crazy!

I honestly believe ours was the first sailing on BA with the price change,

Phyllis

So a followup question- Is the bar separate from the restaurant? If so, I've been reading that Margaritaville isn't open a lot- is that just the restaurant or the bar as well?

There is a bar in the restaurant called The Chill Bar. I believe it opens a bit later than the restaurant, since it's not open at breakfast hours. Otherwise, it's open just as long as the restaurant, which i think is until 4 or 5 PM on sea days, and maybe different on port days.

same here. I missed it. we walked thru the margaritaville on our last sail just to check it out. empty, tacky decor, and while i love Mexican food, i am not a fan of Margaritaville's food on land - so i doubt the sea version is any better.

My wife and I thought the burgers were the best on the ship and ate there several times during our 14 day Breakaway cruise.

We also got friendly with the bartender who made the best tequila margaritas (without the mix)....just the raw ingredients!:cool:

My wife and I thought the burgers were the best on the ship and ate there several times during our 14 day Breakaway cruise.

We also got friendly with the bartender who made the best tequila margaritas (without the mix)....just the raw ingredients!:cool:

Just our opinion...give it a try.

Not sure when this happened, but last week on my BA sailing they changed it to a Price Fixed Venue. $14.99 per person, plus 18%, and you could eat whatever off the menu. Not able to just go and order Nacho and a drink!

Phyllis

I am on the Getaway this fall. I hope this is not a fleet wide change. From what I have read it was not a great pax favorite and more of a snack item venue. If it is a $15/pp deal I do not think there will be a line.

I am on the Getaway this fall. I hope this is not a fleet wide change. From what I have read it was not a great pax favorite and more of a snack item venue. If it is a $15/pp deal I do not think there will be a line.

When it debuted on the Escape, it was free and it was packed. After a short while the powers that be decided to change it to pay as you go and the occupancy went from sardine city to hearing crickets. The volcano nachos were a popular snack item. Seems like the beginning of the end to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Phyllis

Same thing happen to us on the BA lasr week. All we wanted were the nachos and they told us it would be a$14.99 per person. There were 5 of us. So we weren't about to pay $74.95 for a plate of nachos!