Margaritaville on Breakaway - are drinks included?

When it debuted on the Escape, it was free and it was packed. After a short while the powers that be decided to change it to pay as you go and the occupancy went from sardine city to hearing crickets. The volcano nachos were a popular snack item. Seems like the beginning of the end to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We were planning on their nachos, a cheeseburger, and a frozen concoction. However, if we have to pay $30 for the two of us to grab a snack we will have to take a pass.

Same thing happen to us on the BA lasr week. All we wanted were the nachos and they told us it would be a$14.99 per person. There were 5 of us. So we weren't about to pay $74.95 for a plate of nachos!

I honestly think they don't want people to go there. When it was free, it cost NCL too much to operate so they gave it an a la carte charge. Now that hasn't deterred enough folks, so charge them more, then even less people will go. It's a win-win for NCL. Costs them less, but they can advertise the Margaritaville experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I honestly think they don't want people to go there. When it was free, it cost NCL too much to operate so they gave it an a la carte charge. Now that hasn't deterred enough folks, so charge them more, then even less people will go. It's a win-win for NCL. Costs them less, but they can advertise the Margaritaville experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Hasn't deterred enough folks?". When I was on the Escape last July and again in January, the place was always empty. Saw to go orders of their volcano nachos around the ship on several occasions, otherwise it was a desolate wasteland.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We were planning on their nachos, a cheeseburger, and a frozen concoction. However, if we have to pay $30 for the two of us to grab a snack we will have to take a pass.

I agree...as much as I like the burgers, we will have to find another place for lunch....I'm certainly not paying $30 for a couple of burgers and french fries!!:mad:

With all the great things about NCL, this is how they infuriate their followers!

Don

We were on the BA this past week and Margaritaville was almost always empty. Wanted to try nachos but we were told we both had to pay 14.99 to sit down. The bar was great, included in the UBP and also always empty. We went often to get drinks when we were in H20.

• 1 month later...
We were on the BA this past week and Margaritaville was almost always empty. Wanted to try nachos but we were told we both had to pay 14.99 to sit down. The bar was great, included in the UBP and also always empty. We went often to get drinks when we were in H20.

So you can go just for a drink without having to dine there?

Can one person go and pay the $14.99 and order to go?