Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

When they scan your card they have your name, cabin # and sometimes picture.I always get the drink package and will continue to do so. Right now, I am getting the popcorn[emoji897][emoji897][emoji897][emoji481][emoji483][emoji485]🥃this is fun

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh. And to those saying this "test" was brought on by the cheaters.....I don't buy that for a second. Why? Because if they were having such loss to people cheating the system they'd simply raise the price of the package or make the change fleet-wide. No, they're "testing" to see what the impact is on their bottom line/revenue. They chose to "test" on a ship people already committed to spending a little extra to sail on for the ship. People are already willing to spend a little more. Ask yourself why this "test" isn't being conducted on a ship that's less expensive to sail? All signs point to this being strictly a test to see how much more money is out there to be raked in. Plain & simple.

Totally agree. Per drink prices have risen dramatically. Drinks packages have risen but buying one makes sense for many given the per drink prices. Now they are tightening the screw by making everyone in the cabin either buy the package or not. The "test" scenario has nothing to do with how their passengers feel and everything to do with how much can we squeeze our passengers for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When they scan your card they have your name, cabin # and sometimes picture.I always get the drink package and will continue to do so. Right now, I am getting the popcorn[emoji897][emoji897][emoji897][emoji481][emoji483][emoji485]🥃this is fun

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol. We always get 1. On Harmony in May she got soda package for the cup even tho we had ones still in plastic from nov and dec sailings. If you go to RCCL website search beverage package it specifically says "no every person is NOT required to purchase pkg."

imagepng

Thank you. FYI, I avoid Walmart like the plague. You know what they say happens when you ASSUME things, tho. ;) You might also note that the majority of my cruises are on a cruise line that's typically far more expensive than Royal. But keep making assumptions. That's working for you. :)

Why the negativity, though? If it's going to cost me double what makes it wrong for me to have it cost Royal double as well? Fair is fair. I mean, would I be more "respectable" in your eyes if I happily let someone dupe me out of $488?

Just goes to show money can't buy maturity or intelligence.

Obviously. :*

So quick question. Does this "test" affect you financially? Are you now required to spend more for something in all this?

So now if they are all paid up on sailing book your 1 package. If you're not paid in full.......don't complain about something you can't purchase anyways!

But how about not being allowed to purchase something that was in place when you booked on the basis that was understood when you booked? Changing the rules afterwards isn't fare.

They won't ask for note.....they had same policy when first implemented. We've sailed 4-5 times a year since 07. NEVER forced to purchase 2.

According to another post of yours, you just turned diamond, so all these cruises must be on other cruise lines. They also must not be on Carnival or NCL since all over 21 passengers must have a drink package on those lines.

People on this thread are talking about the change on Harmony cruises.

You know what they say about a woman scorned....:*

Hubby says just pay for the tetotaller friend's package and be done with it. Okay. But if it's going to cost ME more I can, at the very least, ensure it costs Royal more, too. Fair is fair. Right?

So for every cocktail I order to drink I can be sure to order a second to leave behind/dump. And if I stop at a bar for a bottle of water I can be sure to obtain a 2nd bottle to throw away. Specialty coffee? Juice? Oh yes. The drains & garbage cans are getting mighty thirsty. This could be an entertaining game for me!

Royal won't have a successful test by me, I promise. You're all welcome for my efforts to bring a test failure. Teamwork. I got you! ;p

How is that going to cost Royal more? They've got their money whether you're draining your drinks or not. You've already paid for it. You're just costing yourself more money. Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. We always get 1. On Harmony in May she got soda package for the cup even tho we had ones still in plastic from nov and dec sailings. If you go to RCCL website search beverage package it specifically says "no every person is NOT required to purchase pkg."

imagepng

If you go to the Food & Beverage FAQ on the website five minutes ago, it says:

Q: Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a beverage package?

A:

No, packages can be purchased by individual guests*. All packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.

*On select sailings certain beverage packages, like our Deluxe Beverage Package, may require all guests of legal drinking age (21 years and older) in the same stateroom to purchase a package.