Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

If you go to the Food & Beverage FAQ on the website five minutes ago, it says:

Q: Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a beverage package?

A:

No, packages can be purchased by individual guests*. All packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.

*On select sailings certain beverage packages, like our Deluxe Beverage Package, may require all guests of legal drinking age (21 years and older) in the same stateroom to purchase a package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is close to unbelievable that RC's IT department actually updated the website in a timely fashion! :eek:

I purchase the package for myself, even though I know I will not consumed that much. My husband did not because he is on medication. If we have to purchase another, I want a credit and not used the package deal. We are older couple and diamond members, Not fair to people who do not cheat the system. Just do away with the package.

Which is also not Harmony.

There was certainly nothing that required me to purchase 2 drink packages instead of 1 for our upcoming Harmony cruise on Oct 7th. I was going to check out with 1 and then my wife decided she wanted it, so I went back and added a 2nd. I got both, but I'm almost certain it would have let me check out with 1.

This is clearly trolling. Could you imagine them screwing just a few passengers on Harmony alone?

This does seem unfair to the person in the cabin who does not want to have a beverage package. I am assuming that RCCL wants to increase the amount of revenue coming in per cabin. What if someone purposely limits their individual drinking by ordering single drinks? What happens if someone cannot drink alcohol because of the medication that they may take. There may be a limited amount of sharing for packages without ordering let's say two packages, but I doubt that this is the reason for introducing this new approach. I agree with others that RCCL is testing by seeing the reaction on the Harmony. If the approach is something really good for the customer why not introduce it fleet-wide.

There was certainly nothing that required me to purchase 2 drink packages instead of 1 for our upcoming Harmony cruise on Oct 7th. I was going to check out with 1 and then my wife decided she wanted it, so I went back and added a 2nd. I got both, but I'm almost certain it would have let me check out with 1.

This is clearly trolling. Could you imagine them screwing just a few passengers on Harmony alone?

This has been confirmed. See the sticky at the top of this thread. RCCL also confirmed and discussed it on their Facebook page.

We're talking about Harmony. Have you seen the prices for this season's cruises? They are over the top. I have a feeling that if RCL raised the price $400 for a 7 day cruise and threw in the deluxe package as a perk, people would pay it and then think they got a FREE Deluxe bev pkg. :)

This is where this is going. Bundling perks and raising the cost per person, per cruise.

Why would you think this is trolling? It has been confirmed by Royal Caribbean and its on the website.

You said that you're "almost certain" that it would have let you check out with one package, but you didn't check out with one package, you said you actually bought two. So how certain are you really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So getting bashed for saying sorry?

"From an official source " makes it kosher?

It seems it turned out to be true. How many times have we had official sources (unknown) and not be true.

Nobody said it automatically "makes it kosher."

As for the last, I already said I can't recall any. And asked if you could name any... which apparently you couldn't.

I've certainly seen more instances where it turned out true - than not.

RCI has a history of rolling out new products, and charges, by ship and sailings, So, yes, I can imagine them screwing just a few passengers on Harmony alone. Everyone else will just have to wait a bit.

This is going to be our first Royal cruise and I have a question. What happens to the cheaters? Are they charged for the "other" drinks? Are they put off the boat? Just curious. BTW - I will be buying one drink package as soon as I see them on sale again.

I purchase the package for myself, even though I know I will not consumed that much. My husband did not because he is on medication. If we have to purchase another, I want a credit and not used the package deal. We are older couple and diamond members, Not fair to people who do not cheat the system. Just do away with the package.

Instead of 'do away with the package' why don't you just not buy the package? Read your own post, above!

This is going to be our first Royal cruise and I have a question. What happens to the cheaters? Are they charged for the "other" drinks? Are they put off the boat? Just curious. BTW - I will be buying one drink package as soon as I see them on sale again.

Package cancelled with no refund.

But how about not being allowed to purchase something that was in place when you booked on the basis that was understood when you booked? Changing the rules afterwards isn't fare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first sailing on this list is over 75 days out, anyone can still cancell and get a full refund. Nobody is "locked in" at this time. I think you're all overblowing this.....RCCL will honor the 1 drink packed if you call if any of you have an issue P.M me and I'll take care of it! I have an in in executive offices.....just be paid in full.

According to another post of yours, you just turned diamond, so all these cruises must be on other cruise lines. They also must not be on Carnival or NCL since all over 21 passengers must have a drink package on those lines.

People on this thread are talking about the change on Harmony cruises.

Disney, MSC and Carnival (once)

I've never seen anything happen to anyone! I've seen quite the opposite., Fun polite people getting "topped off" quite often with no drink package. There are soooooo many people that treat the servers like servants, when you're polite and respectable and a cash tip here it there you'd be surprised how few times you'll even give your card....by day 2 there's usually no such thing as a line for me, they see us at the end of the line and our drink is at end of bar, no cards swiped.

And with our diamond status the complimentary drinks are good from 5-830 but not at the dining room or shows. We always stop at vintages to ask what would pair best with our meal of choice, they have large glasses waiting when we get to out table.