Eclipse entertainment

ciaobella12

Apologies if this has recently been asked, but will any of you helpful people provide a review on the current entertainment on the Eclipse? We are sailing August 13th from Southampton. Also, what time/s are the shows? thanks in advance for any replies!

Entertainers change all the time, the magician, comedian, singer who are on the ship now will most likely leave before the game no of the cruise. Really know way of knowing who will be on the ship for your sailing.

Three production shows Rock, Topper and Chandelier

First night will almost certainly be a mixture of stuff

Other possibilities

Each of our three Eclipse cruises has featured a Beatles Tribute act at some point

Comedian Magician Mel Mellers has featured on 2/3 cruises as has Mike Doyle a comedian and singer who is excellent and well worth seeing.

A British violinist has also featured one evening on 2/3 of our cruises. Not our sort of thing.

Matt Monroe's daughter has been one of the guest speakers on Eclipse 2/3 of our cruises. My wife, who knows her, believes she is on Eclipse again this summer.

On the Eclipse British Isles June 4-18.

I saw the Queens of Rhythm, a 60s, Motown sound trio of women, very good.

b21e07a5287ca6e3d38f1ef1e0b4c6c5.jpg

A Phil Collins tribute singer, also very good.

The big shows were Topper

bb7a2d6c38b217d83796d512accb07d7.jpg

Rock

0a3ed08f3334b4a6ea805c3da33742ac.jpg

Euphoria

7f9fa9ff864de141974984af55c43417.jpg

109fce8a28db388b854c5f3bfa219a06.jpg

e7e5255a9035ed1729026a36155bc3a0.jpg

I thought the big shows were all great but Euphoria on the last night was outstanding.

I asked Cruise director Sue Denning if the Beatles show would be on board since I loved it two years ago and she said people complained they were tired of it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the Eclipse British Isles June 4-18.

I thought the big shows were all great but Euphoria on the last night was outstanding.

I asked Cruise director Sue Denning if the Beatles show would be on board since I loved it two years ago and she said people complained they were tired of it.

Interesting, have they dropped Chandelier - it was our least favourite of the 3 production shows?

We've seen a couple of the Beatles Tribute Acts - the first one we saw on the Eclipse was pretty awful, "Paul McCartney" just couldn't hit the notes. The second time, which seemed to be the same show (Inc Jokes) but with different musicians, was a bit better. They were no where near as good as The Bootleg Beatles.

There is a massive market in cover bands these days, would be good to get a bit of a change from the Beatles. As Celebrity seem to push for a younger customer maybe they think music from 50 years ago needs to make way for more modern music?

On the Eclipse in January 2017. Hated the 3 production shows: Topper, Rock and Chandelier. Perhaps Euphoria is better (seems like it replaced Chandelier). We have been on 17 Celebrity cruises and my DH and I used to look forward to production shows. We are very disappointed in the new shows. Whoever created these shows should be fired: a waste of talent and money (sets, costumes).

Three production shows Rock, Topper and Chandelier

First night will almost certainly be a mixture of stuff

Other possibilities

Each of our three Eclipse cruises has featured a Beatles Tribute act at some point

Comedian Magician Mel Mellers has featured on 2/3 cruises as has Mike Doyle a comedian and singer who is excellent and well worth seeing.

A British violinist has also featured one evening on 2/3 of our cruises. Not our sort of thing.

Matt Monroe's daughter has been one of the guest speakers on Eclipse 2/3 of our cruises. My wife, who knows her, believes she is on Eclipse again this summer.

Topper was quite enjoyable. Comedians vary a lot on each voyage. We had Rondell Sheridan on our Jan.trip. He was so funny, I nearly wet my pants,and I'm a guy!

On the Eclipse in January 2017. Hated the 3 production shows: Topper, Rock and Chandelier. Perhaps Euphoria is better (seems like it replaced Chandelier). We have been on 17 Celebrity cruises and my DH and I used to look forward to production shows. We are very disappointed in the new shows. Whoever created these shows should be fired: a waste of talent and money (sets, costumes).

Wow we had a completely different slant on the shows in November last year on our cruise. You are a tough critic. "A waste of talent and money" is a horrible thing to say. I know we all have different opinions and tastes, but this answer was in my opinion a bit tough when these young performers are doing a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on in June - no Chandelier and Euphoria replaced it. Hated Euphoria!!

I believe Celebrity is now producing in-house, which is why, I suppose, they are encouraging videos on social media - used to be forbidden!!

The only show I care for is the Rock show.

But.......its somewhere to while away an hour or so and its 'live', so we are happy to keep seeing the same shows over and over again on our fave ship. Can't expect them to keep producing new shows - they are very costly.

Some of the headliners are excellent, others not too good.

We had the most embarrassing experience on our June cruise of seeing an impressionist 'bomb', with the audience leaving in droves and for some reason the house lights were on and he could see what was happening and totally 'dried up'. All credit to him for carrying on eventually with help from the 'sound man'. So rude - even some passengers in the front row got up directly in front of him and left. For heavens sake peeps, just have the courtesy to sit it out for another few minutes!!

Celebrity bookings is to blame - that act is not capable of holding an audience for three-quarters of an hour - a few minutes on BGT is not a headline act!!! Felt really sorry for the young man.

Celebrity bookings is to blame - that act is not capable of holding an audience for three-quarters of an hour - a few minutes on BGT is not a headline act!!! Felt really sorry for the young man.

A lot of the acts on Britain's Got Talent have been doing the circuit, at home and around the Med, including the Cruise Ships for years. They've probably all had good nights and bad nights. I'm trying to recall the name of the well known stand-up comic who recently admitted on twitter he had just had a night when his show didn't work, it happens. If they've got as far as headlining in front of 1000+ people they must surely have a reasonable act or they'd have never made it past Wednesday nights inbetween the bingo at the local Social Club.

We've been on Eclipse many times over the last few years. When they switched to in house shows we were not impressed. Topper was silly but manageable, Rock was OK but poor sound and Chandelier was just plain silly. In June Chandelier had gone and been replaced by Euphoria which was excellent. Very inventive and impressive and the aerial acrobats were stunning (must have been on a parallel universe cruise to BMT above). They also has "Amade" which was loosely inspired by Mozart and again very professional. The other acts will change each cruise. There is other entertainment including interactive nights in the Sky Lounge, an Abba one and a Seventies Type one, both very good. They also had 2 silent discos which are great fun and were very well received. Liars Club and the He Knows, She Knows type quiz are reliable fun. The magician we saw was superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have spent over 1200 nights on cruise ships, and attended the main shows on nearly every night (when they were performed). But the in-house Celebrity productions have totally turned us off to the venue. On our 21 day Eclipse cruise this past Nov-Dec we went to 1 of the shows and walked out after about 15 minutes. We never returned for any of the other production shows (we had seen some of them on other cruises) but rather enjoyed more time in the bars with real musicians (the production shows are all pre recorded Karaoke). Ironically for Celebrity, as more of us skip the shows and drink more at the bars (with drink packages) it is costing Celebrity money (in lost booze).

I will emphasize that my post is not a rant about Celebrity since we cruise many different cruise lines (14 to date). In the past year we have spent a lot of time on Celebrity, Princess and HAL...and none of these lines had particularly good production shows. That being said, on one of our recent HAL cruises...the singers in the production shows had fantastic voices...which was a nice change. Too many cruise ship production singers sound like what you hear in a decent High School production.

Hank

We have spent over 1200 nights on cruise ships, and attended the main shows on nearly every night (when they were performed). But the in-house Celebrity productions have totally turned us off to the venue. On our 21 day Eclipse cruise this past Nov-Dec we went to 1 of the shows and walked out after about 15 minutes. We never returned for any of the other production shows (we had seen some of them on other cruises) but rather enjoyed more time in the bars with real musicians (the production shows are all pre recorded Karaoke). Ironically for Celebrity, as more of us skip the shows and drink more at the bars (with drink packages) it is costing Celebrity money (in lost booze).

I will emphasize that my post is not a rant about Celebrity since we cruise many different cruise lines (14 to date). In the past year we have spent a lot of time on Celebrity, Princess and HAL...and none of these lines had particularly good production shows. That being said, on one of our recent HAL cruises...the singers in the production shows had fantastic voices...which was a nice change. Too many cruise ship production singers sound like what you hear in a decent High School production.

Hank

I would have agreed with you a year ago, but our June sailing suggested Celebrity had listened.

We had the most embarrassing experience on our June cruise of seeing an impressionist 'bomb', with the audience leaving in droves and for some reason the house lights were on and he could see what was happening and totally 'dried up'. All credit to him for carrying on eventually with help from the 'sound man'. So rude - even some passengers in the front row got up directly in front of him and left. For heavens sake peeps, just have the courtesy to sit it out for another few minutes!!

Exactly what happened on Crown Princess in May.

We were in the audience for the first show at 8pm, the 10.00 show was cancelled.

I am sorry but cannot agree. We would have felt sorry for ourselves and the rest of the audience... not for an incompetent entertainer. He/she is being paid to be professional and that means being able to entertain an audience. Walking out on a bad show is simply making the best use of one's time. Why stay and suffer (or fall asleep) when there better uses of one's time. We would show courtesy by not booing....or throwing rotten eggs, etc :). Besides, some comedians think the best part of their show is harassing audience members who walk out....so perhaps everyone gains when you leave.

Hank

Let me clarify my comment above. The production shows had very talented performers and beautiful sets and costumes. The silly stories in these shows and the choice of music were lacking. People enjoy shows with music that they know from Broadway or pop music. Sue Dennings did a one woman show on a January cruise we were on and her selection of music was great- the audience loved her show. Most of the non-production shows were enjoyable.

Wow we had a completely different slant on the shows in November last year on our cruise. You are a tough critic. "A waste of talent and money" is a horrible thing to say. I know we all have different opinions and tastes, but this answer was in my opinion a bit tough when these young performers are doing a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the pleasure of snacking with members from Topper In the buffet after the show. Most were British. The show lacked in storyline, but the vocalists were true to their art. It was light entertainment & enjoyable. If I want Broadway I'll pay to see Broadway. Only once did we ever walk out of a show(on the Queen Victoria) & that was a lame ventriloquist who resorted to gay jokes to cover has lame act. Being Gay, we didn't find the humor funny. If he had been Don Rickles, well that would have been different.

I would have agreed with you a year ago, but our June sailing suggested Celebrity had listened.

Horses for courses - but I have to say that most people were rather bewildered by the new shows. Amade was..... peculiar to say the least;p Have to say that I was one of the few who loved the previous 'Eclipse' show - saw it so many times I knew many of the moves!! And that was also peculiar to say the least!! On the Connie years ago I had a tiny part when I was on board with the diver in the Cirque show - also not a popular show.

I realise that Celebrity is trying to be innovative and appeal to a younger audience.......but most were not young!! Anyway, we will soon be on a B2B so I will have to give all the shows a double go.....have to go to the shows as my Mum has a great sleep in the shows - and if we don't go, she thinks she's missing out - bless her!! hehehehe. By the way, the staff on the Eclipse made her birthday in June very memorable - a wonderful day.

I agree with the poster who said that we all love shows where we can relate to the music and songs. All the tribute acts go down a treat. Loved the Rock'n'Roll cruise (3 day charter Eclipse last September) and one of the best bands was the house band in the atrium - boy, did they rock. I was told they are not allowed to perform like that on a regular cruise!!

As far the young impressionist goes - I don't believe that particular act was ever going to go 3/4 of an hour. He needs help with the act - no way suited to the audience. Much of it was too obscure. First ten minutes was OKish - then he lost the audience. I have to say, I have never experienced anything quite like it before. And I have seen BGT acts previously which were fine. It really isn't easy to walk up and down doing impressions for 3/4 hour!! Singing and magic etc. gives the performer more variety to work with IMHO.

Interesting thread - beats 'tipping'!!!:halo: