Vision of the Seas- so what do you like about the ship and not like very much?

We enjoyed our two cruises on vision & would love to do another sailing! Only one was with Captain Marek and I don't remember any birthday greetings or any annoying announcements from him. If there were some at 730 in the morning, we both slept through them! :D

I would rather sail on Vision than any of the larger ships:D

Sherri:)

We just got off the Vision last month and we ended up loving it. I'll add that Vision is pretty much the largest cruise ship I've ever been on, so I literally have no experience with newer, larger ships for comparison.

That said, the size of the ship was great--it's super easy to get around from place to place. We had one of the new floor to ceiling window cabins on deck 8 and even though it was two steps from the Centrum, we didn't have any noise issues and they did Centrum stuff well past midnight.

The storage in the room was plenty for us--two big closets (each had two pull out rails with hangers and a shelf in the middle), a cabinet with three or four shelves on the left end of the desk, and then six drawers under the desk. Our suitcases fit under the bed, so they were out of the way.

The food was good to ok; we didn't try any specialty restaurants. The Park Cafe was probably my favorite dining option, mostly because it was open late and they had a good mix of simple foods and desserts.

The crew and Captain Marek were super nice--they put on several crew based talent shows in the Centrum, which was interesting! Headliner shows were not my favorite--mime, ventriloquist, magician, etc. But seriously...a mime.

We'll also be in a panoramic oceanview when we go. It's good to know the noise from the Centrum didn't bother you. I'll be taking my small fan just to be sure. :D

We have cruised on Grandeur and Enchantment, also sister ships of Vision. We are scheduled for this year's TA, and enjoyed reading this thread.

We prefer this size ship, and don't need all the bells and whistles of the newer ships. Give me a comfy chair in the Viking, a good book, and I am a happy camper. Add a glass of wine, and my day is definitely brighter.

Thanks for all the info on the Vision of the Seas. Are the walls metal and so you can use a metal magnet on the walls? We have been on some other lines where the walls were not metal and a magnetic hook would not work.

Thanks

Walls and stateroom door are metal.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me about the food set up in the Solarium that you liked, please.

A far bigger spread than on my recent Jewel cruise.

The famous beef sandwiches in the bun.

Soup

Selection of salads ready to go

Selection of wraps which they could toast as panini for you

Cookies and cakes

Selection of fruit

Flavoured water and tea/coffee.

Started around 3pm and ran till late.

• 2 weeks later...
He went on.... and on....and on. His morning announcements lasted for about 15 minutes, by the time he had finished reading his never ending birthdays list. The guy drove us nuts, to the point if we found out he was the Capt of a ship we were looking to book, we would find another ship.

Apart from him, we LOVE this ship.

We are just off Vision and thought it was great including Captain Marek. His "never-ending" birthday lists were about 4-6 first names as in Happy Birthday to Joe, Moe, Tom, Mick and Harry. Are you sure your room speaker was not turned on. If there were 15 minutes of 7:30 am announcements, we never heard them. :D

We are just off Vision and thought it was great including Captain Marek. His "never-ending" birthday lists were about 4-6 first names as in Happy Birthday to Joe, Moe, Tom, Mick and Harry. Are you sure your room speaker was not turned on. If there were 15 minutes of 7:30 am announcements, we never heard them. :D

The speaker in our cabin was off. Unfortunately, we had one of the hallway speakers directly outside our door, which caused the problem. A couple of cabins either way would have lessened the volume. I guess how never ending the list is, depends on how many people have birthdays. There were a lot on our sailing & in all honesty at that time of the morning, only necessary announcements should be made.

He went on.... and on....and on. His morning announcements lasted for about 15 minutes, by the time he had finished reading his never ending birthdays list. The guy drove us nuts, to the point if we found out he was the Capt of a ship we were looking to book, we would find another ship.

Apart from him, we LOVE this ship.

:eek::eek: My Mom is taking me on this ship in December - for my BIRTHDAY. Yikes! At least I know what to expect and prepare earplugs or pillow over my head accordingly :cool::cool:

:eek::eek: My Mom is taking me on this ship in December - for my BIRTHDAY. Yikes! At least I know what to expect and prepare earplugs or pillow over my head accordingly :cool::cool:

We were on Vision in February out of Dubai and never heard any announcements.

We had room service breakfast every morning between 7.30-8.00 am so are well aware if there had been any such announcements.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Just off Vision a few weeks ago from a 12 night British Isles itinerary. I though the ship was great! It is an older ship, but didn't look "run down." I thought Capt. Marek was awesome. Very personable. He did give his daily 3-4 name birthday announcement, but it wasn't at 7:30am. Maybe he received too many complaints and made the announcement later.

The service in the 3 speciality restaurants was excellent as was our servers in the MDR. In the solarium they have Park Cafe. On sea days I ate there for lunch instead of windjammer. I believe Park cafe was the only place to get food late night. Room service as well. We spent most nights after dinner/shows at the R bar. The bartenders were excellent. I would agree, if you're a light sleeper, to avoid getting a room near the entrance of the centrum. They have music and performances throughout each day and up until midnight. Overall, I thought the staff and ship was great. Enjoy your cruise.

I really enjoyed our July cruise on vision. Our cabin was 8544 right beside centrum. Noise didn't disturb us. Park cafe in solarium was our fAvourite for lunch too and breakfast!

Really liked schooner bar. There every day for trivia and drinks. Nightly piano player very good (would have been better if he didn't try to crack jokes etc). Centrum area very nice. Didn't like windjammer but don't like it in any class of ship!

Enjoyed our daily dinner in MDR too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if you will have noise problems, but our cabin was a different story. I checked the deck plans and noticed our room was below the theatre where they have the shows, which I didn't think would be an issue. Our room was forward, 4th floor, but directly across from the Pit entrance for the band that performs in the Masquerade theatre. So from dress rehearsal to the performance, it was non stop loud music in our room. We didn't mind though since we would get ready for dinner around that time. Plus the shows were usually over before we called it a night. I guess that's the only "con" if you want to call it that from our trip. Excellent time overall. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info! We have an OV cabin on deck 3 near the elevators below the conference center and restroom area. Do you think that will be a noise problem? Have any of you had a cabin in that area?

thanks for any info!

All the crew reside on deck 2 so i would think deck 3 could be a little noisy from all the comings and goings.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We got an oceanview on deck 2. Hope the noise wouldn't bother us.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Our cabin was on deck two mid ship and it was very quiet. We were very pleased with the location.

We will be on the Vision in October for the repositioning sailing. We are looking forward to returning back to this ship -- it has been many years. Thanks for this post. I am getting excited.

We will also be on the repositioning cruise. Can't wait. We sailed on the Vision about 10 years ago on the Alaska run and enjoyed the ship very much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums