Milkshakes are only $4?

fourandtwo

I agree on intent. I thought I implied I want a shake or part of one. Or say I want half of 2nd dessert. Surely u aren't saying if u can't eat or drink it all don't order it. My hubby likes to go to a Barbque place with all u can eat ribs. I never eat all of the first plate so I take it home. Often my son eats my leftovers once home. That doesn't seem wrong to me. I didn't get extra just for him...I didn't eat all of the intial meal. That sounds similar to what the OP said..she wants a shake and isn't drinking it all so giving rest to kids. This isn't stealing.

Right, except OP has 2 adults with cheers and 4 children without it and if you read between the lines, the premise of the first post was 'how can I get milkshakes for my kids off my cheers without getting caught'. Someone else on here had a similar situation and had one adult and one small child. Said he would never order a milkshake for the child because it's too much sugar but if he gave him a sip of his would that be a problem. Answer is of course not. OP's post was entirely different. Said, I know getting 6 shakes off two cheers so the kids get shakes would be pushing it too far, so what if husband and I each get one for the kids to share. They are clearly getting the shakes for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If everyone who buys cheers uses it to give all their kids all you can drink milkshakes they'll just take milkshakes off of the cheers program. I just hope they don't mess with the coffee.

Indeed and for the people that choose to use this program I hope they don't do that. I still don't think the OP's post indicated that was her intent to buy each of her four children a milkshake everyday just because they wanted it she didn't want to purchase it.

No matter what your opinion is on "sharing", you will not convince the other side otherwise. Everyone is going to do what they're going to do anyway, so any replies are really just a waste of time.

You don't approve of sharing? Fine. Point noted.

You do approve of sharing? Fine Point noted.

Everyone just enjoy YOUR cruise and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

Right, except OP has 2 adults with cheers and 4 children without it and if you read between the lines, the premise of the first post was 'how can I get milkshakes for my kids off my cheers without getting caught'. Someone else on here had a similar situation and had one adult and one small child. Said he would never order a milkshake for the child because it's too much sugar but if he gave him a sip of his would that be a problem. Answer is of course not. OP's post was entirely different. Said, I know getting 6 shakes off two cheers so the kids get shakes would be pushing it too far, so what if husband and I each get one for the kids to share. They are clearly getting the shakes for the kids.

IMO using common sense if someone doesn't care about quote breaking the rules and plans to get milkshakes for their kids regardless why would they drink I think she said half of the shake? I don't know about you but I'm not going to consume half of a large shake don't want to avoid spending $4 but hey there are crazy people no doubt.

I said we would NOT get 6 each day to give to the kids under the Cheers program. However, I have read many posts and complaints about the issue of sharing the Cheers program and would like to clarify how stringent the sharing rule is.

On Day 2, if I get one strawberry shake and my husband gets one chocolate shake, and I let my 12 year old and 5 year old have some of mine and my husband let's the other two share his with him, is that considered violating the policy? Getting 6 shakes between the two of us and giving them to the kids would obviously be "sharing of the Cheers program" and is rightly prohibited. But I don't want to get one and let my kids drink some of a once a day shake and have my Cheers card turned off. To me, "sharing Cheers" would be getting 6 milkshakes and giving one to everyone in the family. But if I share my one drink with my kids, I'm sharing but not to the detriment of Carnival and I think that is ok.

This is a very hot topic on the boards, obviously, as I'm being asked what I am teaching the next generation. Answer: that Mom and Dad will give up some for you kiddos. I was not intending to ask how to skirt the system. We were all set to sign them up for Bottomless Bubbles and then when we saw what is included, it seems like our kids will be happy with the drinks included in the cruise fare. The only thing they might want extra would be a milkshake, and from other things I've read about how good the milkshakes are, I was surprised to find they are only $4.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Forums mobile app

Sharing is not caring.

No matter what your opinion is on "sharing", you will not convince the other side otherwise. Everyone is going to do what they're going to do anyway, so any replies are really just a waste of time.

Everyone just enjoy YOUR cruise and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

And that is why the price goes up and up because what other people do, the rest of us pay for

Why are u wasting your time then ;p

Maybe some enjoy a polite debate. I do second your don't worry what anyone else is doing...you will definitely enjoy yourself more that way.

If you're in the mood for a milkshake and order one, then realize it's too much for you and only drink 1/3 of it and discard the rest; what's the difference with sharing the other 2/3 with your kids? You're buying yourself 1 drink and then sharing it with your kids, which is different than sharing your drink package with your kids. I wouldn't think twice about it.

If you're in the mood for a milkshake and order one, then realize it's too much for you and only drink 1/3 of it and discard the rest; what's the difference with sharing the other 2/3 with your kids? You're buying yourself 1 drink and then sharing it with your kids, which is different than sharing your drink package with your kids. I wouldn't think twice about it.

No you aren't. If you pay $4 for the shake you can give it to whoever you want. If you take a shake that's included in your drink package and give it to your kids..it's not the same. Carnival wants you to buy your kids a milkshake if they want a milkshake....eventually they'll just raise the price or take milkshakes off of the drink package.

Right, but considering OP isn't even on the ship yet that's not what's happening. People use that logic to justify breaking the rules. If you truly got on the ship and ordered a milkshake for you and couldn't finish, and handed it to your kid, no problem. If you plan ahead of time to get a milkshake, take a sip so it looks good, and then hand it off to your kids. Clearly, that shake is meant for the kids. Just using 'I didn't like it' or 'I couldn't finish it' as your justification for sharing is just that, a justification. You know when you order something if you meant to drink it or not.

• Like 1

I should've phrased a sentence clearer. When I said "I don't drink either", I meant I don't drink either premium coffees or milkshakes.

We certainly got the Cheers package to drink BOOZE. :cool:

K. I don't drink bourbon. But theoretically I've paid for as much bourbon as I can drink on cheers. So by your logic, there's no issue with me ordering shots and handing them off to whoever, all cruise, since 'I paid for it'???

I just cannot seem to picture anyone getting a shake off of the Cheers program not being able to drink all of it and then looking into their young child's big eyes claiming they want a milkshake and instead of just giving them the remaining of theirs they're not going to use go buy another large shake that no way a small child could consume. This seems like a ridiculous sentiment that I doubt most would do. And if you do it seems foolish at best.

Like I said earlier I don't believe the program dictates that unused portions are returned to Carnival. Sharing the program means that you are getting something in the program you purchased for someone else. I purchase bottomless bubbles for my son. I haven't ever drink the rest of his unused portion of soda because LOL he drinks it all. But if he didn't I would finish the rest of the soda and not see a problem with that. Now if I send him to go get me a soda that is totally different. Or even if I drink part of his soda which then causes him to go get another soda he wouldn't have otherwise needed.

Right, but considering OP isn't even on the ship yet that's not what's happening. People use that logic to justify breaking the rules. If you truly got on the ship and ordered a milkshake for you and couldn't finish, and handed it to your kid, no problem. If you plan ahead of time to get a milkshake, take a sip so it looks good, and then hand it off to your kids. Clearly, that shake is meant for the kids. Just using 'I didn't like it' or 'I couldn't finish it' as your justification for sharing is just that, a justification. You know when you order something if you meant to drink it or not.

I know I can always anticipate wanting the strawberry bisque before I get on the cruise ship because I love it :hearteyes:

I cannot believe there has been this much back and forth over a $4 milkshake! It's a freakin 4 Dollars! Pay for the milkshake for your child or whomever and get over trying to justify a flippin $4.

Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

• Like 1

I cannot believe there has been this much back and forth over a $4 milkshake! It's a freakin 4 Dollars! Pay for the milkshake for your child or whomever and get over trying to justify a flippin $4.

This! (There are only so many ways to say Good Grief.)

Actually it's potentially $4 x 4 x 7

Boy, I wish I never would have read the posts from people who saw kids putting their mouths over the soft ice cream/yogurt spigot! :o Gross!!

Omg! Same here!! When I was on my cruise last month I just COULD NOT bring myself to get the ice cream. Every time I walked by it I thought of that. And I saw kids putting their fingers into the spigots and licking..... Carnival self serve soft serve ice cream ruined now FOREVER for me!! [emoji24]

Omg! Same here!! When I was on my cruise last month I just COULD NOT bring myself to get the ice cream. Every time I walked by it I thought of that. And I saw kids putting their fingers into the spigots and licking..... Carnival self serve soft serve ice cream ruined now FOREVER for me!! [emoji24]

Gross :eek: wish I had missed that this time too. Seriously shouldn't be amazed but what parent watches their children do this or allows the child small enough not to know better to be unsupervised on a giant ship. Sigh...

No kidding. Unreal. And besides, who the heck wants to encourage their kids to drink big fatty milkshakes everyday? Here, those things are an occasional treat.

I think this could be solved rather easily. Carnival should include hand scooped milkshakes in the kids bottomless bubbles.

Carnival could also install soda fountains and make the soda free, like Disney does. Carnival now spends a fortune buying canned pop, schlepping the cans on and the aluminum off the ship, not to mention the time spent counting and accounting for each can.