Milkshakes are only $4?

fourandtwo

I think this could be solved rather easily. Carnival should include hand scooped milkshakes in the kids bottomless bubbles.

Carnival could also install soda fountains and make the soda free, like Disney does. Carnival now spends a fortune buying canned pop, schlepping the cans on and the aluminum off the ship, not to mention the time spent counting and accounting for each can.

and Carnival can raise cabin prices to match Disney too :(

I think this could be solved rather easily. Carnival should include hand scooped milkshakes in the kids bottomless bubbles.

Carnival could also install soda fountains and make the soda free, like Disney does. Carnival now spends a fortune buying canned pop, schlepping the cans on and the aluminum off the ship, not to mention the time spent counting and accounting for each can.

Just add a second more expensive bottomless bubbles option that includes shakes and sports drinks. I think they should have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then you can pay what Disney charges.

I didn't know about these infamous milkshakes until this thread. Now I'm gonna milkshake it up all day every day. But only a sip and then I'll have to throw it away. Because even though my daughter wouldn't be buying milkshakes, the milkshake I am no longer going to drink cannot touch her lips.

Because THE LAW! :eek: :p

my grandchild and I are going out to a buffet tonight and I will only pay for 1. I will fill my plate up with things she likes and taste one thing. I am going to give the rest of the plate to her to eat. then I will go get me something else to eat! same difference.

I agree on intent. I thought I implied I want a shake or part of one. Or say I want half of 2nd dessert. Surely u aren't saying if u can't eat or drink it all don't order it. My hubby likes to go to a Barbque place with all u can eat ribs. I never eat all of the first plate so I take it home. Often my son eats my leftovers once home. That doesn't seem wrong to me. I didn't get extra just for him...I didn't eat all of the intial meal. That sounds similar to what the OP said..she wants a shake and isn't drinking it all so giving rest to kids. This isn't stealing.

I didn't get that impression from the OP - it was, " DH and I could each get one a day and let the kids taste it, but we wouldn't keep going back so that we have six of them in one day. Is that acceptable?" She doesn't say that she wants the shake and is it okay to give the extra to the kids - she's getting the shakes for the kids.

Continuing with your BBQ analogy - the BBQ place says that if you don't finish your plate and you can take it home. Once it's home, you can do what you like with it. However, what if one day you were extra hungry and finished your first plate - would you order a second plate just to take home for your son? To me - that's the intent to break the rule and scam the system.

Just add a second more expensive bottomless bubbles option that includes shakes and sports drinks. I think they should have that.

I think a non-alcoholic package including canned soda, bottled water, specialty coffee, milkshakes, sports drinks and other non-alcoholic bottled drinks would be great. At $18-20 a day per person, we'd get it (we do on Royal and Celebrity).

I didn't get that impression from the OP - it was, " DH and I could each get one a day and let the kids taste it, but we wouldn't keep going back so that we have six of them in one day. Is that acceptable?" She doesn't say that she wants the shake and is it okay to give the extra to the kids - she's getting the shakes for the kids.

Continuing with your BBQ analogy - the BBQ place says that if you don't finish your plate and you can take it home. Once it's home, you can do what you like with it. However, what if one day you were extra hungry and finished your first plate - would you order a second plate just to take home for your son? To me - that's the intent to break the rule and scam the system.

I think a non-alcoholic package including canned soda, bottled water, specialty coffee, milkshakes, sports drinks and other non-alcoholic bottled drinks would be great. At $18-20 a day per person, we'd get it (we do on Royal and Celebrity).

Being both of us are not omniscient we can't say for certain. Maybe u can see my replies above in more depth, but the main just is Carnival doesn't require or state that unused portions are returned to them and be a person getting one shake on the program and having some of it and given it to their kids is not stealing. She specifically said they would not continue to go back and get more.

Had to head to work so the remaining now.....I haven't ever been to a restaurant that has all you can eat that would have issue if I ordered only the initial serving, didn't eat all of it, and then let someone else at my table eat the rest of it. They WOULD however have issue, if I ordered a second or consequential plate and did that. I'm betting if I order an all you eat dinner and only get ONE plate they are celebrating the fact they made good profit off me verses many that eat enough for more than typical single serving. They don't care where the remaining portion goes. NOR would they prevent me from purchasing the said all you can eat on the following day. I don't see how the milkshake dilemma is any different, she is getting a shake on her plan, consuming some, and then giving the remaining portion to someone.

Had to head to work so the remaining now.....I haven't ever been to a restaurant that has all you can eat that would have issue if I ordered only the initial serving, didn't eat all of it, and then let someone else at my table eat the rest of it. They WOULD however have issue, if I ordered a second or consequential plate and did that. I'm betting if I order an all you eat dinner and only get ONE plate they are celebrating the fact they made good profit off me verses many that eat enough for more than typical single serving. They don't care where the remaining portion goes. NOR would they prevent me from purchasing the said all you can eat on the following day. I don't see how the milkshake dilemma is any different, she is getting a shake on her plan, consuming some, and then giving the remaining portion to someone.

This comparison is comparing apples to oranges. A better comparison is a buffet in which case I've never been to one where they would let you take leftovers or let someone else who isn't paying share your plate.

Fair enough, if you get cheers and on the first day order 1 milkshake and nothing else, that would be comparable to your 1 order of ribs analogy. But I don't see that happening. The 'I only ordered 1' argument could be made for every drink on the ship. By this argument you could you walk around the ship one day stopping at every bar, and ordering 1 of every drink as you go: so 1 latte, 1 cosmo, 1 milkshake, 1 monster, 1 mojito, 1 glass of chardonnnay, etc etc, taking a sip and handing them off to another person because you didn't like it or they wanted some. Clearly this violates the no sharing rule.

This comparison is comparing apples to oranges. A better comparison is a buffet in which case I've never been to one where they would let you take leftovers or let someone else who isn't paying share your plate.

Fair enough, if you get cheers and on the first day order 1 milkshake and nothing else, that would be comparable to your 1 order of ribs analogy. But I don't see that happening. The 'I only ordered 1' argument could be made for every drink on the ship. By this argument you could you walk around the ship one day stopping at every bar, and ordering 1 of every drink as you go: so 1 latte, 1 cosmo, 1 milkshake, 1 monster, 1 mojito, 1 glass of chardonnnay, etc etc, taking a sip and handing them off to another person because you didn't like it or they wanted some. Clearly this violates the no sharing rule.

Believe she said she would order ONE milkshake per day. She also pays a per day cost for the program. As I said I can go back to the restaurant and order it again tomorrow and pay again.

I know that I certainly will NOT hand the kids a bottle of water that I bought with my Cheers.

No sir! No way!

Cause they're gonna live on 5 milkshakes a day. $20 of FREE milkshakes each and every day for the kids while on vacation!

I sure hope Noone ordered coffee or liquor to take a sip then hand if off to their child. Doubt OP was planning to do that. It was one shake a day comment. There are establishments that allow small child to eat off ur buffet. I recently wasn't charged at a steakhouse for salad bar for my 8 yr old niece when she ate some grapes and cucumbers.

....but is it true there is only 5 flavors??? I need to know

It depends on which ship you're sailing on.

If shakes are from the Coffee Bar - then yes, there are 5 flavours:

Vanilla

Strawberry

Chocolate

Black and White

Neapolitan

If you're on a ship with the Shake Spot then there are 9 different non-alcoholic shake flavours and 7 non-alcoholic float flavours.

It depends on which ship you're sailing on.

If shakes are from the Coffee Bar - then yes, there are 5 flavours:

Vanilla

Strawberry

Chocolate

Black and White

Neapolitan

If you're on a ship with the Shake Spot then there are 9 different non-alcoholic shake flavours and 7 non-alcoholic float flavours.

I love the black and white shake. Two races of flavor living together in harmony. It's a wonderful thing.

Believe she said she would order ONE milkshake per day. She also pays a per day cost for the program. As I said I can go back to the restaurant and order it again tomorrow and pay again.

Right, but she will surely be ordering more than just the 1 milkshake off her cheers program that day. If it works out great day 1, with the same logic she can get 1 milkshake and give it to first kid, and 1 specialty coffee and give it to her second kid, and 1 vitamin water and give it to the third kid, and 1 Gatorade and give it to the 4th kid; the logic is flawed. It's not anywhere close to the same as ordering 1 entree at a restaurant that has 'all you can eat' refills, and paying for that entree AND not taking advantage of the 'all you can eat' offer. She's getting cheers most likely to have a bloody mary at breakfast, frozen drinks at the pool, martinis before dinner, wine with dinner, oh and getting free milkshakes for her kids too cause, why not, she's only getting one.

Well if she only get's one shake a day, consumes some, and gives kid remainder as I said I don't see an issue. If she gets one shake and gives part to her child and drinks 15 alcoholic drinks herself I still don't have a problem. If we are going to claim apples to oranges can't be used stop bringing alcoholic drinks into it. ..the post is about milkshakes.

Maybe the best advice is this: If she's ordering it for herself because she wants a shake and then wants to let her kids share, then use Cheers. If she's ordering it for her kids because they want a shake and she wants to taste it, then pay for it. ie: Would she get the shake if her kids weren't there. If not, then don't use Cheers.

If you are in the habit of sharing with your kids, then do so. I think most adults lost the ability to eat/drink alone the moment they had kids.

If that's teaching kids to break the rules....so be it. I'm sure they will still go on to be good contributors to society.

Your teaching your kids not to be wasteful when there are starving kids in Africa(sarcasm), it's amazing how little people know about milkshakes. If you can't finish your Milkshake and share it with your kid your showing good manners for letting it not go to waste. It's time to make America great again

If I purchase a shake that can't be finished by one person(using words of a few previous posters) I'm not trashing it after it's halfway done if I have several good leftover eaters in my vicinity.

If that's teaching kids to break the rules....so be it. I'm sure they will still go on to be good contributors to society.

Your teaching your kids not to be wasteful when there are starving kids in Africa(sarcasm), it's amazing how little people know about milkshakes. If you can't finish your Milkshake and share it with your kid your showing good manners for letting it not go to waste. It's time to make America great again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by repo-cruiser
wrong sequence

It is what it is. There will always people who feel cheating/stealing/smuggling is ok. Again my rational behind that is what is that teaching the youth of today?

The best thing, if she wants to teach the youth of today, is.....go to the buffet, put ice & water in a cup, and add a slice of lemon.

It's healthier....doesn't cost anything additional, and breaks no rules.

It is what it is. There will always people who feel cheating/stealing/smuggling is ok. Again my rational behind that is what is that teaching the youth of today?

So if you go buy a shirt at a store but it also fits your daughter , you will not allow her to wear it do to principals and morals. Your post has to be a joke

The best thing, if she wants to teach the youth of today, is.....go to the buffet, put ice & water in a cup, and add a slice of lemon.

It's healthier....doesn't cost anything additional, and breaks no rules.

Actually not healthier. Milk is still very benefitial in vitamin D