Milkshakes are only $4?

fourandtwo

We are going on our first cruise. DH and I plan to get the Cheers package. Our for kids, ages 12,10,5 and 4, don't drink soda and would only drink the OJ from the bottomless bubbles package. It doesn't seem worth getting for them.

The milkshakes are part of Cheers but we can't share. DH and I could each get one a day and let the kids taste it, but we wouldn't keep going back so that we have six of them in one day. Is that acceptable? Or we can buy them a shake a day for what we would have spent on bottomless bubbles!

Are there only 5 flavors?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Forums mobile app

I'd like to see Carnival offer an "under 21" cheers package. Something in between bottomless bubbles and the adult version. And perhaps make it an acceptable option for a mix-match to fulfill the rule that all adults in the room must purchase. Include everything in cheers but the alcohol versions of mixed drinks.

Im not sure what answer you are looking for...

Sharing is not allowed so giving them one is not allowed

Buying 6 of them strictly to give them 'a sip' in order to provide them with a drink is still sharing.

This is what you are showing your children and the next generation

you will find people that will tell you to share if you want. you will find people tell you its wrong and you shouldnt.

Let your own moral compass be your guide

I side with buying your child the drink a la carte if they want one. if $4.00 is too much there is a different conversation

• Like 1

I've never seen a person get his or her package audited for sharing or something. Pretty much only two ways that someone's drink package cut off is if they were bad drunks (fighting, destruction etc.) or if they find out that a person with the package is pregnant and drinking. They did that to my life partner despite the doctor clearance to drink reasonable amounts. They cut off our hall neighbor on our Xmas cruise for hitting her husband or boyfriend or something. The lady said they didn't refund her purchase. My life partner's also didn't get refunded.

You can buy them a shake a day for the cost of BB. I would also recommend having the kids split one (between 2 kids). I had one from the shake spot and it was so thick, rich and big that I didn't want to finish it. I wish I had gotten it when I was with other family members to share it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

We are going on our first cruise. DH and I plan to get the Cheers package. Our for kids, ages 12,10,5 and 4, don't drink soda and would only drink the OJ from the bottomless bubbles package. It doesn't seem worth getting for them.

The milkshakes are part of Cheers but we can't share. DH and I could each get one a day and let the kids taste it, but we wouldn't keep going back so that we have six of them in one day. Is that acceptable? Or we can buy them a shake a day for what we would have spent on bottomless bubbles!

Are there only 5 flavors?

Hi

I agree with "hftmrock". Are you looking for people here to tell you it is alright for you to do something that you state is not allowed "but we can't share"?

You do know what you can do, as you also said "we can buy them a shake a day for what we would have spent on bottomless bubbles".

My telling you to do something that you know isn't right doesn't make it ok.

hope this helps

I agree with mrock....I want to set the right example for my kids so I wouldn't violate the rules of Cheers.

My kids don't drink soda either so never have bottomless bubbles. We give them a budget for the cruise (souvenirs, arcade, treats etc) and if they want to go over they can spend their own money. For a treat if they want a special drink - like a virgin daiquiri before dinner we just buy it.

As others have said ice cream is free 24/7 and I think my boys eat their weight in it. Really the last thing they need is a milkshake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen a person get his or her package audited for sharing or something. Pretty much only two ways that someone's drink package cut off is if they were bad drunks (fighting, destruction etc.) or if they find out that a person with the package is pregnant and drinking. They did that to my life partner despite the doctor clearance to drink reasonable amounts. They cut off our hall neighbor on our Xmas cruise for hitting her husband or boyfriend or something. The lady said they didn't refund her purchase. My life partner's also didn't get refunded.

My friends next door got into an altercation on the first night and got their Cheers package taken away but was refunded all but the first day of Cheers. They were also blacklisted for the remainder of the cruise, so no bartender would serve them alcohol. Tragic [emoji33]

I think the best idea is get a glass of milk - a dish of twist (chocolate/vanilla) and mix - free and tasty - in fact I just might try that myself! Might even do it more than once a day!

Does anyone know if you still get that plastic big glass with the pkg? I think it was Carnival that gave it to you when you got the pkg or do you just get a regular drink glass?

I'd say go ahead and buy them a milkshake on your Cheers. If you want to be fair to carnival, either buy the other two kids a shake with your money each time.. or buy them all bottomless bubbles (I wouldn't feel like I'm cheating the system at that point.. even though you are lol)

Why can you only get one milkshake a day on your Cheers package?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I don't think that's what they said. I think they said it's wrong to get a milkshake a day on Cheers and give it to their kids..but it would be more wrong to get 4 milkshakes a day on Cheers and give them to their kids. So instead of being more wrong, they're going to be less wrong.

Im not sure what answer you are looking for...

Sharing is not allowed so giving them one is not allowed

Buying 6 of them strictly to give them 'a sip' in order to provide them with a drink is still sharing.

This is what you are showing your children and the next generation

you will find people that will tell you to share if you want. you will find people tell you its wrong and you shouldnt.

Let your own moral compass be your guide

I side with buying your child the drink a la carte if they want one. if $4.00 is too much there is a different conversation

I said we would NOT get 6 each day to give to the kids under the Cheers program. However, I have read many posts and complaints about the issue of sharing the Cheers program and would like to clarify how stringent the sharing rule is.

On Day 2, if I get one strawberry shake and my husband gets one chocolate shake, and I let my 12 year old and 5 year old have some of mine and my husband let's the other two share his with him, is that considered violating the policy? Getting 6 shakes between the two of us and giving them to the kids would obviously be "sharing of the Cheers program" and is rightly prohibited. But I don't want to get one and let my kids drink some of a once a day shake and have my Cheers card turned off. To me, "sharing Cheers" would be getting 6 milkshakes and giving one to everyone in the family. But if I share my one drink with my kids, I'm sharing but not to the detriment of Carnival and I think that is ok.

This is a very hot topic on the boards, obviously, as I'm being asked what I am teaching the next generation. Answer: that Mom and Dad will give up some for you kiddos. I was not intending to ask how to skirt the system. We were all set to sign them up for Bottomless Bubbles and then when we saw what is included, it seems like our kids will be happy with the drinks included in the cruise fare. The only thing they might want extra would be a milkshake, and from other things I've read about how good the milkshakes are, I was surprised to find they are only $4.

Edited by fourandtwo

Was just on the Legend last month and ,yes, the milkshakes are only $4. I got one for my son the first day (yes, I had Cheers) but it was sooo thick and indulgent he could barely drink half of it. It's a pretty large size and a lot of ice cream. My suggestion is for your kids if they want one, to share it (not all 4 of them but I don't think you need more than 2 shakes for the 4 of them). I am sure the barista would split it for you or even just ask her for a separate cup and you can divide it. [emoji846]

I don't think that's what they said. I think they said it's wrong to get a milkshake a day on Cheers and give it to their kids..but it would be more wrong to get 4 milkshakes a day on Cheers and give them to their kids. So instead of being more wrong, they're going to be less wrong.

😂😂😂😂

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

On Day 2, if I get one strawberry shake and my husband gets one chocolate shake, and I let my 12 year old and 5 year old have some of mine and my husband let's the other two share his with him, is that considered violating the policy? Getting 6 shakes between the two of us and giving them to the kids would obviously be "sharing of the Cheers program" and is rightly prohibited. But I don't want to get one and let my kids drink some of a once a day shake and have my Cheers card turned off.

If you are asking if its violating the policy... yes it is.

if you are asking if they are going to take your cheers away... probably not

So let your morals be your guide.

If you are in the habit of sharing with your kids, then do so. I think most adults lost the ability to eat/drink alone the moment they had kids.

If I purchase a shake that can't be finished by one person(using words of a few previous posters) I'm not trashing it after it's halfway done if I have several good leftover eaters in my vicinity.

If that's teaching kids to break the rules....so be it. I'm sure they will still go on to be good contributors to society.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

What I would do if I were you OP, is walk up to wherever the milkshakes are with whichever kids want the milkshake. Tell the bartender or whoever that u want a bottle of water and let the kids order their milkshakes. Hand them your card and let them decide. Per many people on here, often the bartender will take it upon himself to put the milkshake under 'cheers'. Worst case, you end up paying for the milkshake which is what should happen anyway. But either way no worries about cheating or getting 'caught'.