2 dining questions - waitlist for traditional and table for 2 for anytime

kac0426

Two separate dining questions.

1. I read somewhere (and now can't remember where) that anytime dining tables for 2 are reserved just for suite passengers. Is this true?

2. If I requested 5:30 traditional dining and am waitlist #17 4 months out from the cruise, how confident should I feel that I'll actually end up with 5:30 traditional dining? If it's still full come cruise time, would they just switch me to 8:00 traditional dining, or would they have me do anytime dining? I requested a table for 8, so is the #17 waitlist for the table size I requested, the 5:30 time, or both?

Suites dine in the new Club Class section. There should be tables for 2 in other parts of the dining room, but you can (and should) expect a wait if that's what you want, as there are far more people who seem to want tables for 2 than there are tables for 2.

I would say if you're #17, you've got a pretty good chance of clearing. If you don't, go see the maitre d' on embarkation day -- the first day's Patter will have a small note about him holding office hours in one of the dining rooms. You can line up, kiss his ring, and ask him to see if he can fit you in to early dining.

Your waitlist is for that seating, not for a specific table size.

As stated Club Class dining has it's own section of the DR now.

It's only a section. There will be plenty of table sizes available for you in AT dining.

Also as stated if you do not clear the waitlist see the MD at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day.

The meeting is usually in one of the DR's between 2p and 3:30p. Get there early as the line can get long. The MD has the power to give you the seating you desire. ;)

Was not sure if you were with a party of eight or just two requesting to be at a larger table. I think it is the latter and if so I think you have a very good chance of getting early traditional from position #17, although you might end up at either a 6, 8, or 10 depending on how spots open. Personally prefer 6 or 8 as the conversations flow better.

We rarely get our table preference so you most likely won't get your choice. And as said during embarkation you could visit the maître d (or headwaiter if he's unavailable) to attempt to get your preference.

We've never been in a suite but have been seated at a table for 2 many times at an anytime dining room. That doesn't mean that suite passengers don't get first choice which may be one of their benefits.

Suites dine in the new Club Class section. There should be tables for 2 in other parts of the dining room, but you can (and should) expect a wait if that's what you want, as there are far more people who seem to want tables for 2 than there are tables for 2.

Not necessarily. Suites who choose TD dine in TD, and non-suite passengers can easily link their booking with the suite passengers and share at their table. Suites who choose ATD can certainly dine in ATD with any passengers they wish. However, if they choose ATD, they can dine in Club Class either by themselves or with any other suite or club-class mini-suite passengers.

I would say if you're #17, you've got a pretty good chance of clearing. If you don't, go see the maitre d' on embarkation day -- the first day's Patter will have a small note about him holding office hours in one of the dining rooms. You can line up, kiss his ring, and ask him to see if he can fit you in to early dining.

Your waitlist is for that seating, not for a specific table size.

Fair warning, I've heard of lots of people who were at position X on the waitlist and later saw themselves at position Y, where Y>X. Not exactly sure how/why that happens, but it does.

A discreet $20 to the maitre d will get you what you want all cruise long.

We've gone to see the maitre d' on embarkation day several times. We've always been happy with the result, and we've never tipped him. It's not necessary!

I requested a table for 8, so is the #17 waitlist for the table size I requested, the 5:30 time, or both?

The waitlist is for the dining time. The actual table assignments are made a couple of days before embarkation by ship personnel. They will take your table size request into consideration, but requested table size is not guaranteed even if you were cleared for the sitting you want.

By the way, the 5:30 is a "place holder." The actual time for that seating may be earlier, later or actually 5:30. You will not know for sure until you get your cruise card with the dining time on it.

I was waitlisted number 53 for late TD on my last cruise, which I had only booked a month previously. I, too, went up and down in numbers, but was finally confirmed as late TD a few days before I sailed. As caribel said, the actual dining time will be on your card. Mine said 8.15 but when I got to my table my companions told me I was late and that dining was at 8! They had been on the previous cruise where their time showed as 8.

We're at #48 on the waitlist for our cruise in three weeks. If we don't get our choice of traditional dining, I know that we should be able to get it on board since we want to be at a large table with others.

I've seen it that when there's no room for everyone in TD they just assign a table and time for those people in AT.

Same table, same waiters, same people at your table each night or a table for two.

That happened to us on our last cruise. Our party of 9 was seated in ATD with a set table and wait staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful replies.

I was actually asking questions in regard for 2 cruises. One with my boyfriend where we prefer to sit at a table for 2. And one for a cruise with my mom where we like a table for 8. We aren't that picky about the size of the table. 6, 8, or 10 would be fine. We just prefer 8 because it's enough to where you're pretty sure you'll get along with someone. 10 almost seems too many. But the early seating is what's important to us. Not the table size. We were originally wait list #34 or something like that, which surprised me since we booked the cruise 6 months in advance and when we booked it, there appeared to still be a lot of cabins available.

• 4 weeks later...
No but it does keep flipping our table for two request to a four person table. If we get a 4 we will be buffeting it every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your table for 2 is waitlisted on the 6pm slot. The table/seating arrangement is usually finalized days near sailing. When not confirmed, you can go to the Maitre d' on embarkation day to request the change to your original request. He might do something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums