Milestone cruises by days only

cdngrl

Nothing has been posted on the Princess site and there is nowhere you can find this information. It's a shame because the information I received from Princess in reply to an email that I sent Captains Circle contradicts what the actual experience has been. They responded that the milestone will be celebrated on the cruise after the one on which I reach the milestone but from the responses on this thread, it appears that it is actually done on the one where you reach the milestone.

So you might try using the captains circle contact information on the site to ask your question but no guarantee that you will get the correct answer.

Nothing has been posted on the Princess site and there is nowhere you can find this information. It's a shame because the information I received from Princess in reply to an email that I sent Captains Circle contradicts what the actual experience has been. They responded that the milestone will be celebrated on the cruise after the one on which I reach the milestone but from the responses on this thread, it appears that it is actually done on the one where you reach the milestone.

So you might try using the captains circle contact information on the site to ask your question but no guarantee that you will get the correct answer.

I have a list of questions re. Milestones to ask the Captain Circle Hostess next week when we board the Crown Princess. Hope she knows the answers. I also had heard when on our Caribbean Princess June cruise, that P&O days weren't counted for Top 3 Most Travelled. The 3rd place couple (British) told me that they had to wait till they had enough Princess days to be in Top 3.

I just got hope from a Princess Cruise. During it, I talked to the Captain's Circle rep. She was unwilling to give me too much info. Said they were told not to give information. She did say that it is now based on days, not cruise credits. She also said it was recognized on the cruise you hit the milestone. She would not answer what happens on b2b and longer cruise, (we have a b2b2b next year). We will hit 750 days on the first leg. So getting breakfast in Sabatini's for 48 days would be nice but I won't turn it down if it is just 18 days..

I just got hope from a Princess Cruise. During it, I talked to the Captain's Circle rep. She was unwilling to give me too much info. Said they were told not to give information. She did say that it is now based on days, not cruise credits. She also said it was recognized on the cruise you hit the milestone. She would not answer what happens on b2b and longer cruise, (we have a b2b2b next year). We will hit 750 days on the first leg. So getting breakfast in Sabatini's for 48 days would be nice but I won't turn it down if it is just 18 days..

We had planned for our 75th cruise to be on a 43 day cruise. Got a surprise on the 12 day British Isles when Ken reached 750 Days. I reach 750 days next week on a 5 day cruise. What a let down when you plan on 43 days and get 12 and 5 days

You also get recognized during the Captain Circle party along with the top 3 most travelled

I have a list of questions re. Milestones to ask the Captain Circle Hostess next week when we board the Crown Princess. Hope she knows the answers. I also had heard when on our Caribbean Princess June cruise, that P&O days weren't counted for Top 3 Most Travelled. The 3rd place couple (British) told me that they had to wait till they had enough Princess days to be in Top 3.

I also heard that P&O days were no longer counted. The Captains Circle Host I spoke with said it was because it is a Princess MTP benefit, so P&O passengers should not be included at the expense of people who have actually earned it on Princess. If you can would you please clarify if the Milestone Benefit is received on the cruise where you reach the number of days necessary or on the following cruise. Everyone I've spoken to, who have gotten it since the change, has said it's on the cruise where it hits but Princess response was that it was on the next cruise. Sigh.

I also heard that P&O days were no longer counted. The Captains Circle Host I spoke with said it was because it is a Princess MTP benefit, so P&O passengers should not be included at the expense of people who have actually earned it on Princess. If you can would you please clarify if the Milestone Benefit is received on the cruise where you reach the number of days necessary or on the following cruise. Everyone I've spoken to, who have gotten it since the change, has said it's on the cruise where it hits but Princess response was that it was on the next cruise. Sigh.

That is on my list of questions. If I open the cabin door on Monday and see flowers/champagne, it will be day 749 for me and won't need to ask the question.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from my milestone 750th day cruise on the Crown Princess. The milestones come on the cruise that you reach the required days. You don't have to wait for the following cruise to get the benefits. I know they have been using days for milestones since June 2017 but not all ships are up to date on all the benefits. I did not have the floral arrangement in my room. A quick trip to CC Hostess and one was brought later on the first night. The Sabatini Head Waiter was also unaware of the breakfast benefit. After another email and many apologies from Hotel General Manager down to the Head Waiter, my kids and I had the breakfast (on the last day), dinner at Crown Grill and a bottle of wine. I did not complain or rant - just wanted to let the CC Hostess be aware of this for future milestone cruisers.

Did ask about your 1000th milestone cruise. Hostess said that you should receive one Specialty Dining meal in addition to what is given for 750th day cruise.

Tina,

Thanks for the info. We will hit 750 in June, so it is nice to have an idea what to expect. I asked the CC rep on our last cruise and she was not very forthcoming about it.

Hi Paul - Will tell you more of the story when I see you in January. Kids and I had a lot of laughs about the experience.

Just returned from my milestone 750th day cruise on the Crown Princess. The milestones come on the cruise that you reach the required days. You don't have to wait for the following cruise to get the benefits. I know they have been using days for milestones since June 2017 but not all ships are up to date on all the benefits. I did not have the floral arrangement in my room. A quick trip to CC Hostess and one was brought later on the first night. The Sabatini Head Waiter was also unaware of the breakfast benefit. After another email and many apologies from Hotel General Manager down to the Head Waiter, my kids and I had the breakfast (on the last day), dinner at Crown Grill and a bottle of wine. I did not complain or rant - just wanted to let the CC Hostess be aware of this for future milestone cruisers.

Did ask about your 1000th milestone cruise. Hostess said that you should receive one Specialty Dining meal in addition to what is given for 750th day cruise.

Thank you so much for checking on this for me. This makes so much more sense than the Captains Circle response I received.

I suspect that one of the reasons those under 18 get a blue card only is to help the crew working with alcohol based drinks to quickly determine that a person is old enough to drink. By that I mean if you and I come up to a bar to order a drink and we both look like we could be under 18 the first thing that the bartender needs to do is look at the cruise card. If it is any color other than blue, he knows that that person is 18 or older. If the card is blue and the person looks like they could be under 18, he then can check the card to see if the letter A is in the lower right corner. No A=not an adult=no alcohol. By only having to check the blue cards, it saves the server time. Is that the reason for those under 18 being always given blue cards? Darned if I know, but it's possible.

As to how someone "earns" their status, whether it be gambling winnings, short cruises, or the travel agent way, does it really make any difference? You, or I, or anybody else can start gambling on ships, become a travel agent, travel in cabins by ourselves or move to an area where it is easier to take short cruises. Or, if you really want to get their quickly, take overnight cruises in a suite by ourselves and earn 3 points for a 1-nighter! The trade-off is you spend more money to earn the level more quickly. Each individual chooses his/her own way.

Tom

+1 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

For the person asking if Australians get this benefit, I would think so. We just returned from B2B2B2B cruises on the Sun Princess (Aussie based) and experienced our 500th milestone cruises. I was eligible during the first 28 day cruise so I received the flowers, strawberries, champagne, recognition with a certificate given at the Captain's Circle party, and extra canapes on formal nights. No canapes every night. That must be for 750 days or something. You don't get breakfast at Sabatini's either but there is no Sabatini's on the Sun. We did get a bridge tour.

DH has 7 fewer days than me so he was eligible on the second cruise which was only 6 days to Tasmania. We again received flowers (both times on day 1 of the cruise), champagne, strawberries AND a large fruit bowl. He again got the extra canapes, which are the type we don't like so sometimes I told them never mind. He was invited to the bridge on the 6 day cruise as well.

We were also told P&O days are not being counted towards 3 most traveled guests anymore and one couple was pretty put out about it. Since P&O is not Princess, I have to agree with the decision. They don't count my Holland America or Seabourn days. ;)

• 1 month later...
Tina,

Thanks for the info. We will hit 750 in June, so it is nice to have an idea what to expect. I asked the CC rep on our last cruise and she was not very forthcoming about it.

I'm expecting a full accurate report when you return.

I've go to plan that long trip.....someday. ;)

For the person asking if Australians get this benefit, I would think so. We just returned from B2B2B2B cruises on the Sun Princess (Aussie based) and experienced our 500th milestone cruises. I was eligible during the first 28 day cruise so I received the flowers, strawberries, champagne, recognition with a certificate given at the Captain's Circle party, and extra canapes on formal nights. No canapes every night. That must be for 750 days or something. You don't get breakfast at Sabatini's either but there is no Sabatini's on the Sun. We did get a bridge tour.

DH has 7 fewer days than me so he was eligible on the second cruise which was only 6 days to Tasmania. We again received flowers (both times on day 1 of the cruise), champagne, strawberries AND a large fruit bowl. He again got the extra canapes, which are the type we don't like so sometimes I told them never mind. He was invited to the bridge on the 6 day cruise as well.

We were also told P&O days are not being counted towards 3 most traveled guests anymore and one couple was pretty put out about it. Since P&O is not Princess, I have to agree with the decision. They don't count my Holland America or Seabourn days. ;)

How lucky for you that you both hit the milestone on different cruises. If you'd hit them at the same time, you wouldn't have gotten 2X of everything.;p