HAL loading Explore4 right now?

DaveOKC

You can get some very good pricing on the Rotterdam in early 2018. For example, a Neptune suite for $1699. These low prices will more than compensate for no Explore4.

This is a 14 day and right now the Vista is $3400 pp mid ship, you must be talking a 7 day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a 14 day and right now the Vista is $3400 pp mid ship, you must be talking a 7 day?

Yes, I was but HAL website shows a fourteen day southern caribbean vista for $2399. Departs 11 Mar 2018.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-search?destinations=C&months=3_2018&durations=9_16&departures=TPA&skip=0

Happy to have Explore 4. Our price went up just $60 pp. and we now have the drink package, dinners and $200 OBC ... all for $120 more. A real bargain. :-)

Cheers!

Did you ask what the fare would be without the promo? Might not be the same as your original booking.

Yes, I was but HAL website shows a fourteen day southern caribbean vista for $2399. Departs 11 Mar 2018.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-search?destinations=C&months=3_2018&durations=9_16&departures=TPA&skip=0

That's true for March but Im looking at February, too much going on in March, February cruise is $3239 for the Vista, big difference [emoji17]

Three days ago I was checking fares for two Alaska cruises ex-Vancouver. The fares for a Neptune suite had gone up by $350 pp for one cruise and about $500 for the other. This was apparently in expectation of the Explore 4 because those increased fares are the same on the first day for those deals.

We got a quote for an increase of $700 per person on our 2-day South America and Antarctica cruise in Jan 2019 for the Explorer4 add-on with Signature Bev plus $100 OBC, so I opted out as I don't think we would consume that much alcohol (really light drinkers). Plus we already have almost $800 OBC at the moment which we will use.

We were able to add the E4 to our Oct. 2018 24day Med/Greek Island for $399pp and able to keep the Signature Experience. 1st time we've been able to get a deal on E4. Now hoping we can "easily" upgrade to the Elite Bev once onboard!

I was also able to add the E4 to our Oct. 2018 Med/TA for $230pp and keep the Signature Experience. My PCC double checked and said there was no problem combining the two packages.

We got a quote for an increase of $700 per person on our 2-day South America and Antarctica cruise in Jan 2019 for the Explorer4 add-on with Signature Bev plus $100 OBC, so I opted out as I don't think we would consume that much alcohol (really light drinkers). Plus we already have almost $800 OBC at the moment which we will use.

Hi, asebastian, we're also on a 22-day SA/Antarctica Jan 2019, same $700 increase for us but we're booked in an O/V cabin, so no OBC. We're still debating about it. The increased cost of $1400 is pretty substantial. But we've run the numbers and figured if we have just 3 drinks per person per day, we'll end up spending something like $900 ($6 drink x3 per day x22 days x2 people + 15% gratuity). And that's calculating with pretty much the minimum price of a drink. I think we'll ultimately end up going for it so that we don't have to nickel and dime ourselves during what's sure to be a trip of a lifetime. Someone bring me another mimosa, please! ;p

Best wishes!

Our Alaska cruise would be a little over $1,000 more for the three of us if we switched to the Explore4. We don't drink alcohol and very little soft drinks, so it's not worth the switch for us. We can pay for the occasional non-alcoholic beverage and Pinnacle Grill meal and still come out ahead.

My cruise is eligible and the price has gone up $250 pp. It is a 14 day cruise, so that doesn't sound too bad. On the 14 day cruise I did in June, I spent a little more than that on drinks, so I am thinking this one over.

This one was a tough call, but we decided not to add on the E4. While I might get my money's worth, my sister won't. And, since we are less than 4* where the perks really begin, we opted for the strategy to pay our way and work on gaining mariner days.

If there had been a definite advantage to us, we would have done it, but I think we come out even, perhaps a bit ahead the way things are.