Half Moon Cay Cabana

hockeymom15

Hello everyone, I am a veteran cruiser and I know this is a stupid question but I want to make sure I am understanding something

I have been to Half moon Cay a couple of times and I am going on Conquest this Nov and have decided to book a cabana this time. Never have before

First question , I am assuming when you book one it is good for all day ( from when you get there until when you leave ) depending on itinerary?

Is it worth the money ? I am from Canada so for me this was with the exchange about $350cdn but there are 5 of us to enjoy it .. Ages 23-70 I just want some honest opinions please.

we are a fun group and I am thinking about getting close to pirate ship and we enjoy music ect...

Some feedback would be great

I thought the cabana was worth it. Was only 2 of us but we loved it and will book another if, or when, we go back to HMC. They will only give you food and drink for 4 but still plenty. Worth it to us. Have a good time.

We've been to HMC three times and have rented a cabana twice.

While relatively expensive, we felt it was worth it.

It gives you some privacy, a fan, floats, a shower, and snacks.

We would do it again if we get back to HMC.

It is not only worth it, but I consider it a necessity. We just had one in July and being able to get away from the intense sun of that area is great. You do have it all day and it is supplied with sodas and snacks. I thought it was worth the money. Others may disagree, but it was a nice place to get a respite from the sun. I think you will enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've rented cabanas three times. Love them. My only caution about the lower-numbered cabanas is that the beach is more crowded and people may try to use your shower or your beach gear. That happeed to us with Cabana 5.

Definitely with the money. Remember as soon as you to get on the ship to go straight to shore excursion desk to reserve the number you want. I had 12 and it was away from the crowd but close to the restroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've rented cabanas three times. Love them. My only caution about the lower-numbered cabanas is that the beach is more crowded and people may try to use your shower or your beach gear. That happeed to us with Cabana 5.

We had number 12 and loved it. Less people and more open beach. It is not that far away from things and they will transport you to and from the cabana if needed.

WE are simple "beach people" and don't really need a shelter. Unless 5 of you are splitting the cost, I don't see where it's a great value. We tend to find a nice spot, out of the crowds and have a great day! Not sure shrimp or whatever is on the "special" menu is worth the $350!

Definitely worth the money, and all age groups will appreciate that. Unless you are super conservative fiscally speaking, I can't imagine you or your group would reach any other conclusion. Some places on Earth are very special and HMC is one of those places. I hope you enjoy.

We have done it every time we have been to HMC. I would NOT recommend getting one near the Pirate Ship Bar. There are so many people around there and they think that the chairs and water toys that are for the cabana renters are fair game and some of them will walk right up on the cabana deck and take what they want. Also, the music is very, very, very loud in that area.

I'll agree with most people here -- a cabana at HMC is awesome...and in fact it's consistently one of Carnival's most popular excursions at ANY port. If one is available for your cruise, go ahead and grab one.

Although you DO have the cabana for the entire day, they will come by and start cleaning up your leftovers and stuff about an hour before your sailing time.

I'd suggest nothing lower than Cabana #8 or #9. Those are still a short walk to the pirate-ship bar, but just a little further out where you might not be bothered as much by "casual passersby." I've had #9 and #11 in the past and loved them both.

Cabana is a luxury; not a necessity. We enjoyed HMC both with and without.

PROS: A shaded area with table and chairs, shower, misting fan,some snacks and nonalcoholic beverages included, float mats included, lounge chairs.

CON: extra expense

We booked it the one time we were there and have booked it again for our Jan cruise! They also give you snorkel gear for 4! Most excursions cost more (divided by 4 is 68.75) if you claim for 5 you will need to pay more for the 5th person. We had several friends and family visit us in ours and did not pay for any extra! Tip: best snorkeling is down by the entrance of the tenders, not in their path but along the wall there :)

Just saw this posted by someone else " We had actually rented a cabana for our 2nd trip to HMC last year even tho the price had increased to $279. Factoring in the 4 floats and the 4 sets of snorkeling equipment, I see that as saving about $120 for the 4 of us. The snacks, water and soda they also provided was also great. Padded loungers another bonus. The cabana itself only has 3 sides, but the air conditioner still provided some respite from the heat. We had Cabana #10 which I thought was ideal. When we go back again, if it is in the colder months, I may try to convince my husband that we "need" one of the villas with the hot tub clear.png?emoji-grin-1677! "

So are there any natural shade trees on HMC?

As stated by another poster, there are lots of shady spots. Don't be afraid to move a lounge chair or spread a towel in any shady spot.

There can be a problem with some cabana "owners, they think they own the territory within 20 feet of the cabana. They don't.

Our group of 6 thoroughly enjoyed the cabana at Half Moon Cay. Soft drinks, water, fruit and vegetable trays waiting for us when we got there. Need to go to guest services as soon as you embark on the ship to choose a cabana number. I would like to see Carnival change this policy and allow one to reserve a specific cabana when they purchase this shore excursion online.

Higher numbered cabins do provide more privacy.

Thanks everyone for your replies . I already have it booked and looks like everyone loves it so I am really looking forward to it now

You'll love it. Don't forget that you'll now get priority tendering over to HMC, so get down there early and enjoy more of your day on one of the prettiest white-sand beaches in the Caribbean.

If you get there early enough, as we did last time, you'll actually beat your snacks and sodas to the cabana, as it comes over on the first tender. :)

There is also a shuttle-tram that can take you from near the tender pier along the back road to your cabana. You'll probably find, as we did, that the back road is easier to walk on than the sand, and it connects the bars, the buffet areas, and the cabanas. Sometimes the tram will stop and pick you up if you're going the same way.

Enjoy your cabana! I haven't been to HMC in several years now (I'm only 2-for-5 making it to HMC, due to weather), and I really miss it.