Question about cabin stewards

Cpbryant

What is the role of our cabin steward, and what services/issues is it appropriate to approach him/her about? For example, is it ok to ask him if we could have a bowl of fresh fruit in our cabin every day (and yes, we would definitely add to his tip for doing something like that), or is that asking him to do too much? We've been on one cruise, and barely spoke to our steward. I'm wondering now if we may have underutilized him.

If you ask on the lido for a large bowl they will give you one. Then go to the fruits and fill it up and take back to your cabin.

Was nice on Princess when we had a balcony they delivered 3 or 4 pieces of fruit everyday to our cabin. I finally requested the fruit we would eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's perfectly appropriate to ask your steward to keep your ice bucket filled.

Running other errands is not part of their duties.

Basically they clean your cabin, keep it supplied with soap, shampoo, toilet paper, tissues, and clean towels.

They make your bed in the mornings and turn it down in the evenings if you request service twice a day.

Ice, robes, extra towels, blankets instead of or in addition to the duvets, extra pillows, splitting or joining the beds, extra copies of fun times, sharps containers, bio hazard bags, extra hangers...these are all appropriate requests of your cabin steward.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The room steward will clean your room in the morning while you are elsewhere and put out new towels and wash cloths. He will return in the evening (if you opt for twice a day service) and turn down the bed and leave you a towel animal. They don't deliver food, but will bring you ice if you request it.

Cabin stewards have brought us corkscrew, bottle opener, ice, and arranged for someone to put in new light bulbs. They can be very helpful.

These days you have to get corkscrew from room service. A bit of a pain but that is where you must get it from. Suspect bottle opener the same thing.

Hi

They will also arrange for your laundry service, if you need.

If there is something you would like and not sure is the service is offered, or who you should ask, call the guest service desk and they will help you.

hope this helps

What is the role of our cabin steward, and what services/issues is it appropriate to approach him/her about? For example, is it ok to ask him if we could have a bowl of fresh fruit in our cabin every day (and yes, we would definitely add to his tip for doing something like that), or is that asking him to do too much? We've been on one cruise, and barely spoke to our steward. I'm wondering now if we may have underutilized him.

Not his job !!!!!!!!

It is not his or her job however if you tip well enough you might be able to get fruit or they will make sure room service take care of you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You made a funny :D