A positive note about THE WEBSITE

GottaKnowWhen

I am one of the fortunate ones who have had relatively few issues with the new website over the last 7 months. Maybe I am not trying hard enough to find and book new cruises, excursions, etc? In any case, one feature that was near and dear to my heart was the Gifts by Celebrity. With our first two cruises on Royal and since then on Celebrity I have always arranged for a floral bouquet in the stateroom on departure day. [Our first cruise happened to coincide with Valentine's Day, the flowers made sense then, and it has become a tradition for us. And maybe a bottle of wine or two.] I had made such arrangements last year for our August 28 cruise coming up. Then the new website happened. I was looking at the Gifts this spring and there was no longer a way to order flowers! And the wine choices were severely limited! I have been holding my breath, hoping that my flower arrangement wouldn't morph into a "sorry, here is your refund" message.

The good news: the Gifts section is back and looks better than ever. Floral choices, wine choices... And within 3 weeks I will know if the order I placed actually comes through.

Stan

DW and I returned from our May cruise and a friend asked how we liked the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries she ordered as a gift to us. Huh? Never got them. My advice, if you order a gift for someone make sure to tell them about it in advance so they can make sure it's delivered.

I am one of the fortunate ones who have had relatively few issues with the new website over the last 7 months. Maybe I am not trying hard enough to find and book new cruises, excursions, etc? In any case, one feature that was near and dear to my heart was the Gifts by Celebrity. With our first two cruises on Royal and since then on Celebrity I have always arranged for a floral bouquet in the stateroom on departure day. [Our first cruise happened to coincide with Valentine's Day, the flowers made sense then, and it has become a tradition for us. And maybe a bottle of wine or two.] I had made such arrangements last year for our August 28 cruise coming up. Then the new website happened. I was looking at the Gifts this spring and there was no longer a way to order flowers! And the wine choices were severely limited! I have been holding my breath, hoping that my flower arrangement wouldn't morph into a "sorry, here is your refund" message.

The good news: the Gifts section is back and looks better than ever. Floral choices, wine choices... And within 3 weeks I will know if the order I placed actually comes through.

Stan

You think you purchased a gift package..you probably cancelled your reservation.

DW and I returned from our May cruise and a friend asked how we liked the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries she ordered as a gift to us. Huh? Never got them. My advice, if you order a gift for someone make sure to tell them about it in advance so they can make sure it's delivered.

Unfortunately, I have read this scenario many times on CC. Celebrity collects the monies, and the gifts are never delivered. I am sure your friend was very disappointed you did not receive the gifts they ordered and paid for. I hope they will not have too much trouble getting the money refunded.

With the exception of Saturday, when nothing seemed to work I too have had minimal problems with the website in the past 2 weeks or so. Some things seem to take too many steps to get to what I want but normally I get there and find what I need.

Yesterday, I ordered a shore excursion through the website for our cruise in two weeks using OBC. Took a couple minutes to figure out, but all worked perfectly. The balance was subtracted from our account and I had an email confirmation within seconds. Yes, some things could have been a little more clearly indicated, but it did work.

Trying to fill out the special needs form for DH CPAP, I could download the form but when you enter the info it kept changing it to something not correct. We tried 3 different computers on different days with no luck.

I called the # on the form and in no time the person took the info said we would have the water and cord and was pleasant. I mentioned the problem with the site and she said, yeah unfortunately we are still having problems with the site.

You think you purchased a gift package..you probably cancelled your reservation.

Ahh, no. I know it is entertaining to poke fun at the Celebrity website, but if you stop snickering long enough to actually read what I wrote you will see (well, I hope you can see, it is written plainly enough) that the gifts in question were ordered last year. Via the old website obviously since the new one was not rolled out until this spring. As it happens, since that time I have made interim and final payments (on the new website), booked excursions (on the new website) , checked in (via the new website), ordered and received luggage tags (via the new website). I have used OBC for some purchases, that new function works smoothly. The point of my post is that I was concerned by the apparently crippled Gifts function, and am relieved that it seems to be back. Of course I will take receipts and screen shots with me, of course I will cross check the order against the delivery. But really guys, get a grip. The website has had issues, it is improving, Celebrate, book a cruise, and relax.

Ahh, no. I know it is entertaining to poke fun at the Celebrity website, but if you stop snickering long enough to actually read what I wrote you will see (well, I hope you can see, it is written plainly enough) that the gifts in question were ordered last year. Via the old website obviously since the new one was not rolled out until this spring. As it happens, since that time I have made interim and final payments (on the new website), booked excursions (on the new website) , checked in (via the new website), ordered and received luggage tags (via the new website). I have used OBC for some purchases, that new function works smoothly. The point of my post is that I was concerned by the apparently crippled Gifts function, and am relieved that it seems to be back. Of course I will take receipts and screen shots with me, of course I will cross check the order against the delivery. But really guys, get a grip. The website has had issues, it is improving, Celebrate, book a cruise, and relax.

I so wish there was a "like" function. Totally agree.