What is the latest regarding once a day room cleaning?

jewliana

I have tried to keep up with this but dont see anything too recent. My question is if it is still possible to have both am and pm and if you choose that does your room steward get upset? Thanks in advance!

We keep our room pretty spotless but appreciate fresh towels in the evening.

Your room steward will not be upset if you request both services. They are there to happily serve you and I've always found them to do a pretty great job.

Glad to hear that. I am just picturing that Carnival has said A HA!! You can now do twice as many rooms so that if anyone requests the twice daily they are really putting a strain on him. And if that is true I feel badly for asking for the twice daily. I really dont need a huge servive at night..just clean towels :-)

Just off the Valor this week. Asked for both and hit both. Only difference from before was he did the towel animal in the am. Evening was just turn down, towels if needed, ice (requested by us), and leave Fun Times. Cleaning was am. First night no turn down. He just brought the Fun Times and left with us. We got everything we expected and requested but we did not see our steward in the hallway as before and never got to just visit and be greeted. Not a big deal just a difference I saw.

I think we can take this as writing on the wall; sure enjoy twice a day while it is an option, but I suspect if too few passengers select once a day twice a day will vanish as an option for standard cabins.

I think we can take this as writing on the wall; sure enjoy twice a day while it is an option, but I suspect if too few passengers select once a day twice a day will vanish as an option for standard cabins.

Think that is their plan. Hope I am wrong though

Twice a day for experienced cruisers.

Newbies are conned into once a day.

Don't be fooled.

I'd like to know how you feel someone is are "conned" if once a day service is chosen, or a newbie.

We have been cruising non stop 2-3 times a year since 1981.

We are far from newbies and choose once a day service on our last Carnival cruise.

Yes, we were offered AM, PM or both.

I figured the guy works hard enough, and we keep the room clean enough, that 1x would do.

If we needed anything in between, like towels, TP, etc, all we needed to do was ask. Never a problem.

If YOU feel YOU need service twice a day, fine, as long as it is offered, YOU are entitled to it, and I may just request it again on our next time with Carnival.

Probably wined and moaned about the tablecloths and chocolates on the pillows being gone too.

Don't be fooled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is correct . Newbies are easily fooled into thinking that one time a day is their only option.

Please ask for twice a day if you want it.

In my opinion, Carnival still suggests the same $4.05 per person, per day ($12.15 for my family per day) standard gratuity for room stewards whether you receive once or twice a day service. So, is it based on once or twice daily service?

I have no issue with tipping nor the suggested rate, as long as I'm happy with my room. Never had issues before.

I'm not going to reduce my gratuities by half (assuming great service) if I request once a day service. The steward is definitely not going to suggest to me only tipping half of the suggested gratuity, if so. Nor, will i be doubling our tips for twice a day service. If I was told ONLY once a day I may consider adjusting the gratuity.

There may be a day where the $4.05pp is only for once daily service but until it's clarified, I'll understand it's for two visits.

No more than we'll require, we will only need cleaning periodically. I see no issue or feel no guilt with them checking on the room in the evenings, freshening towels, and turning my sheets down. Until once daily is standard, I'll expect to be serviced twice just like carnival suggests my gratuity be for room stewards.

So we will be cruising on Carnival for our first time. I would like to have twice a day cleanings like we have had on another cruise line. Will I have to ask for this or do they ask my preference? TIA

So we will be cruising on Carnival for our first time. I would like to have twice a day cleanings like we have had on another cruise line. Will I have to ask for this or do they ask my preference? TIA

The steward should ask your preference ,however some stewards won't bother offering the option . Should be a sheet of paper with information requesting once a day or twice a day . Check the options needed.

I would like this selection added to the pre cruise planner where you choose your check in time, dinner time, bed setup. I think that would give them a break first day on trying to see everyone when they get to their rooms and eliminate any "bad apples" trying to game the system.

I would like this selection added to the pre cruise planner where you choose your check in time, dinner time, bed setup. I think that would give them a break first day on trying to see everyone when they get to their rooms and eliminate any "bad apples" trying to game the system.

What a fantastic idea! I totally agree! Admin would also have a good idea of staffing needs and what cruisers are desiring.

Don't be fooled.

19 cruises with Carnival and steward said no more twice a day. This was on rhe Miracle in April. I was told only once a day. Thought I was low maintenance and agreed -but had issues getting laundry picked up and with towels not being replaced.

It is a good idea ,exception this is the beginning of a phase out for twice a day room service . Carnival's projection is to eliminate twice a day in the near future.

We chose morning only on the Breeze in June (we were offered morning, evening or both).

She cleaned in the morning and in the evening she would drop off the fun times and towel animal and replace the beach towels and regular towels. Worked for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I have tried to keep up with this but dont see anything too recent. My question is if it is still possible to have both am and pm and if you choose that does your room steward get upset? Thanks in advance!

We keep our room pretty spotless but appreciate fresh towels in the evening.

No such thing you pick 1 or twice a day.

Don't be fooled.

I disagree with that. We have cruised several times and we weren't "fooled" into once a day. He asked us "Would you like AM or PM service?" He was very polite about it. We are fine with just once a day. It was obvious that he wanted us once a day....whether that is because of time restraints, Carnival telling him to, etc...he wanted us to pick one time. He was very good and was rewarded with $$ and a bottle of our state's wine at the end.

19 cruises with Carnival and steward said no more twice a day. This was on rhe Miracle in April. I was told only once a day. Thought I was low maintenance and agreed -but had issues getting laundry picked up and with towels not being replaced.

This is what people are talking about, this was your choice not the cabin stewards.