Pizza!!!

graygirl

My grandmother used to make pizza the same way evanbob's grandma did. That said, my family loves pizza, and is pretty much non discriminating. A wise man once said, 'the only bad pizza is no pizza.'

Can someone please let me know where these mac and cheese spring rolls can be found on the Sunshine?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Can someone please let me know where these mac and cheese spring rolls can be found on the Sunshine?

Diddly will have to answer that one. I'm not familiar with them, just playing along. I'm not sure they even exist.:halo:

My grandmother used to make pizza the same way evanbob's grandma did. That said, my family loves pizza, and is pretty much non discriminating. A wise man once said, 'the only bad pizza is no pizza.'

Usually in the buffet area more aft of the ship . We only noticed those delicious ,mouth watering tasty treats are only provided once per cruise.:loudcry: They do exist but for some odd reason only on the Sunshine ?

Very thin and soft where the cheese is, crispy around the edges. I compare it to a cracker. It's super yummy and I can't wait to have more. Is it the best in the world? Nope. Is it good? Yep. Best part is I can get it 24 hours a day with no extra money out of my pocket. I am a Chicago style pizza girl through and through since I'm originally from the Midwest, but for thin crust, it's delish.

ba87532ec5d87feed2f3cbb46cb5488c.jpg

41a64e559d00bcd3ca886cea25c17320.jpg

That looks so good. I am a thin crust pizza girl. I loved the pizza on our Disney cruise but hear Carnival's pizza is better. Looking for ward to trying it!

Will they let you switch toppings around? eg. Add mushroom to the cheese pizza?

I always order the Quattro Formaggio pizza with pepperoni added. So good!

You could ask for any of the available toppings to be added to any of the available sauces, I would imagine. Just can't ask for things they don't have.

For those of you who are insulted by my cardboard reference, I was responding to the OP's original question if Carnival Pizza was like the Princess pizza.

The pizza on Princess is a hold over from the merger with Sitmar, an Italian cruise line. Sitmar pizza, and now Princess pizza, was (is) neopolitan. The pizzeria on board had the traditional brick (stone) lined interior and the pizza was (is) to die for. It is the pizza that many people now describe as "New York" style. Of course, that is because of the many Italians who immigrated to the NYC area and bought their knowledge of pizza with them.

The only other line to serve that quality of pizza is MSC.

So for the OP's question about Carnival pizza, the answer stands: Go to the grocery store....

Agree with MSC pizza, to die for, Lido pizza is good on Divina, but the specialty pizza is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to eat it again in Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are the pizzas served the same across all the ships? I notice they have a different name for the pizza place on the Vista (pizzeria Capitano) which was quite good!! Would I expect the same pizza on the Liberty (pizza pirate) when we sail in a few weeks?? I am hoping so!!

Edited by jewliana

Are the pizzas served the same across all the ships? I notice they have a different name for the pizza place on the Vista (pizzeria Capitano) which was quite good!! Would I expect the same pizza on the Liberty (pizza pirate) when we sail in a few weeks?? I am hoping so!!

Same pizza on Vista vs Pizza Pirate. Actually in the pics I posted, the one of the half of pizza was from Vista and the whole from Glory.

There is one thing missing from the Pizza Pirate counter. They have pepper flakes and parmesan available, but I wish there were jalapeno slices. I know this isn't a traditional topping, but I've gotten hooked on putting them on my pizza. I don't suppose there is anywhere to get those late night?

OK. I work with a 100% Italian guy. He was born in Italy and came over here 12 years ago. He concurs that the Margherita pizza as portrayed in my pictures is the true Italian pizza. Real Italian pizza is on a thin crust with some sauce, mozzarella cheese, and basil. So it looks like this debate can end now. Carnival does have the real deal.

OK. I work with a 100% Italian guy. He was born in Italy and came over here 12 years ago. He concurs that the Margherita pizza as portrayed in my pictures is the true Italian pizza. Real Italian pizza is on a thin crust with some sauce, mozzarella cheese, and basil. So it looks like this debate can end now. Carnival does have the real deal.
Yep. I done knowed dat. :DYou won't convince the contrarians and self appointed know-it-alls though. Come to think of it, it wouldn't be much fun around here if you did. Please delete your post. ;)

Maybe. I could always have him post in Italian if they prefer [emoji23]
That sounds like a plan to me! Of course, someone will accuse you of using Google Translate. Perhaps if your friend had his own account here.

(On a side note, and so as not to hijack this thread, please take a look at my question on the "3day sails, when is formal night" thread and see if you know the answer to my question. Thanks.)

That sounds like a plan to me! Of course, someone will accuse you of using Google Translate. Perhaps if your friend had his own account here.

(On a side note, and so as not to hijack this thread, please take a look at my question on the "3day sails, when is formal night" thread and see if you know the answer to my question. Thanks.)

If I have to go to that extreme, I guess I could post a pic of him as well with his permission of course. If they can't take my word for it, then I guess they have trust issues. I don't have time to make nonsense up.

On a 3 night cruise, it would be the middle night as that's the only one possible. The first night is too soon and the last night everyone is packing up. Never been on one, but that's the way it should be.

If I have to go to that extreme, I guess I could post a pic of him as well with his permission of course. If they can't take my word for it, then I guess they have trust issues. I don't have time to make nonsense up.

On a 3 night cruise, it would be the middle night as that's the only one possible. The first night is too soon and the last night everyone is packing up. Never been on one, but that's the way it should be.

Nah, don't go to any extremes. It prolly wouldn't make a difference anyway.

(Thanks. Yeah, that's what everyone says on that thread, but in my case the ship will be staying overnight at Nassau. I suppose that night is still the only real option though. I bet attendance will be a little thin that night. Okay, back to the important topic now... PIZZA! :D)

Nah, don't go to any extremes. It prolly wouldn't make a difference anyway.

(Thanks. Yeah, that's what everyone says on that thread, but in my case the ship will be staying overnight at Nassau. I suppose that night is still the only real option though. I bet attendance will be a little thin that night. Okay, back to the important topic now... PIZZA! :D)

I think it may be more well attended than you're anticipating. I wouldn't be out after dark in Nassau for anything. I don't even like venturing out during the day there!

Yes. Yummy pizza. Can't wait for my next Carnival slice!!

Many people have already responded to your question, but here is my answer. :)

I have cruised at least 16 times or more, on different ships. Pizza is one item that I always like to eat, if I have the chance. To me, Carnival has the BEST pizza. I don't know whether it is because my favorite is pepperoni or what. The reason I say this, normally when I go to get my pizza, it is gone, and they wind up making a FRESH pizza every time. I know their pizza does not set around long, no matter what kind a person wants, but there is nothing like good pepperoni pizza for me. :)