Pizza!!!

graygirl

Maybe you'll get lucky. :)

You never know fingers crossed. :)

I tease my daughter that her or her brother need to find a left-handed spouse with some dimples too. All teasing aside of course all I really want is someone that will be good to them.

You never know fingers crossed. :)

I tease my daughter that her or her brother need to find a left-handed spouse with some dimples too. All teasing aside of course all I really want is someone that will be good to them.

Well my youngest son is left handed. No dimples, though. And only a quarter Italian [emoji846]. Not sure how old your daughter is.

OP here, wow, didn't realize people were so passionate about pizza! So I'm sitting here reading all these replies looking at my low-carb fathead pizza crust sitting on the stove and dreaming about the four days in September when I get to ditch the diet and have me some gluten and carb filled white flour heaven...[emoji56][emoji56][emoji56] Sounds like it will be worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well my youngest son is left handed. No dimples, though. And only a quarter Italian [emoji846]. Not sure how old your daughter is.

Sold ;) She is almost 21, so still bit young for marriage and kiddos if I'm deciding.

OP here, wow, didn't realize people were so passionate about pizza! So I'm sitting here reading all these replies looking at my low-carb fathead pizza crust sitting on the stove and dreaming about the four days in September when I get to ditch the diet and have me some gluten and carb filled white flour heaven...[emoji56][emoji56][emoji56] Sounds like it will be worth the wait!

Glad you enjoyed our little discussion. :DWe sure have! I'm looking forward to some Carnival pizza in September as well. Like you, can't wait!

The pizza I ate was baked by real Italians. Lip smacking delicious give me another slice now kinda pizza ;p

I do enjoy the NY large sliced style pies. But what we need here is for a true Italian to join the conversation and explain the differences between the pizza pies :halo: verses Carnivals.

ha! I just noticed you, on another thread, asking someone if they were Italian. Whether that had anything to do with this thread or not, it was hilarious. :')

My Grandmother came to NY in 1903 or so. I still remember her making thick Sicilian pies from mostly scratch. She'd start with flour and yeast and would let the mixture rise overnight by sitting on an iron radiator or under some hand made quilts. She did homemade tomato gravy as well. The only ingredient not homemade was the cheese(s) she used

She didn't do thin sliced as well or as often, but there was always Arthur Ave pizzerias near my Bronx home.

Carnival has the best Pizza at sea for me. RCI-------too much sauce. Princess.......too much sauce. HAL--------just plain not good.

Carnival..........good crust. not so much sauce . Lots of cheese. Really good cheese. Ingredients good

Their 'Margareta" Pizza.........Umm.

This sounds weird, but our local Sam's Club has a pizza that is almost as good. Made the same way. My Husband, a Pizza Hut Guy, admitted it was a better pizza. A "slice" covers a plate.

CARNVIAL.................wins the Pizza at Sea............Big Time for me.

I loved this thread. It was funny and cute. Who does not relate to PIZZA? Who does not know the BEST Pizza maker ever?

NOT HIJACKING............along the same mysteries of favorite foods on Carnival. I hope.

I Wish someone would do one for the spring roll appetizers Carnival serves or did serve. I love them. But why can they not have duck sauce? Sweet and Sour sauce.? Why the Peanut sauce? Can one request Sweet and Sour sauce?

YES. I have wondered about it. Never did ask. . EVEN at JiJi's on Sunshine, there was no sweet and sour sauce. Or none that I recognized. And I loved their Sweet and Sour Shrimp.

I am a foodie, I have often commented on how substandard the MDR food is, especially the beef, and how below-average Guy's burgers are, and how NO-THANK-YOU-I'D-RATHER-REMAIN-HUNGRY most of the Lido deck food is.

When it comes to food on Carnival, there are two pleasant surprises - the Steakhouse food and the pizza. I usually gamble until 2am and make my way up to Lido for the Prosciutto e Rucola (arugula) pizza which is excellent. Carnival prepares pizza neopolitan style (true Italian pizza), so if you're looking for bready Chicago-style, or gooey, drippy, oily New York style, or smoked mozzarella D.C. style, you might be disappointed in the genuine unevenness of a genuine, original pizza.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC

I am a foodie, I have often commented on how substandard the MDR food is, especially the beef, and how below-average Guy's burgers are, and how NO-THANK-YOU-I'D-RATHER-REMAIN-HUNGRY most of the Lido deck food is.

When it comes to food on Carnival, there are two pleasant surprises - the Steakhouse food and the pizza. I usually gamble until 2am and make my way up to Lido for the Prosciutto e Rucola (arugula) pizza which is excellent. Carnival prepares pizza neopolitan style (true Italian pizza), so if you're looking for bready Chicago-style, or gooey, drippy, oily New York style, or smoked mozzarella D.C. style, you might be disappointed in the genuine unevenness of a genuine, original pizza.

Amen and amen! Preach it Brother Intrepid! Preach it! :D

I loved this thread. It was funny and cute. Who does not relate to PIZZA? Who does not know the BEST Pizza maker ever?

NOT HIJACKING............along the same mysteries of favorite foods on Carnival. I hope.

I Wish someone would do one for the spring roll appetizers Carnival serves or did serve. I love them. But why can they not have duck sauce? Sweet and Sour sauce.? Why the Peanut sauce? Can one request Sweet and Sour sauce?

YES. I have wondered about it. Never did ask. . EVEN at JiJi's on Sunshine, there was no sweet and sour sauce. Or none that I recognized. And I loved their Sweet and Sour Shrimp.

Spring Rolls ? Now that is a good subject. The Mac n cheese spring roll, Delicious . Problem , we can only find it on the Sunshine :( But back to the pizza , waiting on a real Italian to come in here and splain something to these people ;)

ha! I just noticed you, on another thread, asking someone if they were Italian. Whether that had anything to do with this thread or not, it was hilarious. :')

Just looking for a little back up :o :halo: :cool:

Spring Rolls ? Now that is a good subject. The Mac n cheese spring roll, Delicious . Problem , we can only find it on the Sunshine :( But back to the pizza , waiting on a real Italian to come in here and splain something to these people ;)

Mac n cheese spring roll sounds hideous, but you asked for a real Italian to explain "something"... I already commented. :)

Mac n cheese spring roll sounds hideous, but you asked for a real Italian to explain "something"... I already commented. :)

Jeff ,I tried to get support in that other thread , man has a vast amount of knowledge :(. And I did want to say that is a lovely picture of you and your daughter.

But pardon my jest ;) when I ask of you if you're an Italian chef ? That sounds like a Chucky E Cheese responce :D.

Seriously though I know it has to do with the person's taste buds and what they enjoy eating . :rolleyes:

Edited by BoDidly

It always taste that way to me, my wife loves it though .

I scrape off the topping on one then add it to the other slice , just to have something that amounts to somewhat of a pizza on the second slice. Still cardboard tasting though ?

You do realize you can ask for extra toppings? I ask for extra pepperoni with no probs. Also, I grab bell peppers and other toppings from the salad bar and they will add those to your pizza too.

Describe Carnival's pizza... thick or thin, crispy or chewy...? I've only cruised once before and it was on Princess. Their pizza was divine. I don't suppose since they are owned by the same company that perhaps they share recipes?

It is definately not the best. MSC has by far the best pizza.

You do realize you can ask for extra toppings? I ask for extra pepperoni with no probs. Also, I grab bell peppers and other toppings from the salad bar and they will add those to your pizza too.

Sure I do, sometimes met with smiles ,sometimes frowns from the staff . Usually if the lines are not long I don't mind requesting the extras. And the salad bar tip is a good one for newbies ;) My wife has been getting those items off the salad bar since the corn shucking :D

Jeff ,I tried to get support in that other thread , man has a vast amount of knowledge :(. And I did want to say that is a lovely picture of you and your daughter.

But pardon my jest ;) when I ask of you if you're an Italian chef ? That sounds like a Chucky E Cheese responce :D.

Seriously though I know it has to do with the person's taste buds and what they enjoy eating . :rolleyes:

I'm not a chef. I'm not trained at all. But I do have skills and appreciation for finer food (even finer hamburgers and pizza).

Thank you kindly for the comment on my photo of my daughter and me in Skagway - it's truly not a complimentary photo, she is much prettier, but I loved the angle of the town juxtaposed with the mountain in the background, which our tour guide reminded us should be snow capped at that time of year.

I like your profile pic as well, wondering if it's a martini (I think so) or some other concoction.

Of course you are right that a person's taste buds is what matters.

I don't understand the Chuck E Cheese comment but based on all else, I gather you mean no insult, although we all know Chuck E Cheese is great for five-year-olds.