Pizza!!!

graygirl

Food is always a subjective issue.

With that in mind, one, I am not a troll and two, I am normal (I think;p) and I find the Carnival pizza to be barely above awful. I can almost agree with the post saying eat the box, it's better. I have eaten my share of great pizza's but none of them were on Carnival, or any other cruise for that matter.

For those that love it, good for you, but for those like me, just because we don't like it, no need to judge us for giving our opinion and that opinion is no less valid.

Fantasy class ships don't have the galley space ( per Carnival ) to bake the style of pizzas they bake on their other ships. And that's a darn shame because the Fantasy class pizzas are cardboard by comparison.

The pizza on Fascination was the same style/taste as the pizza on any other Carnival ship I've sailed. I haven't sailed other Fantasy class ships to know for sure, but Fascination for sure has "normal" Carnival pizza.

I find that as with most pizza places sometimes the pie is better than other times. We eat it at least a few times on each of our cruises. Is it great? No it's not great I've had much better in many different states and such. Is it card board box horrible? In my opinion not even close I have have FAR worse pies in my life.

Food is subjective to people what some like others hate. I usually give things at least a couple of tries to see how it is and if I or them were just having a bad day if I wasn't thrilled the first time.

Am I the only one that thinks this looks plaid :confused: Just doesn't resemble a good pizza to me ?

41a64e559d00bcd3ca886cea25c17320.jpg

Now this is a pizza :cool:

joseph-s-pizza.jpg

Carnival has real pizza ovens. I can tell by the crust that the second pizza comes off a conveyor belt rather than an oven. No different than Dominos or Pizza Hut.

For those of you who are insulted by my cardboard reference, I was responding to the OP's original question if Carnival Pizza was like the Princess pizza.

The pizza on Princess is a hold over from the merger with Sitmar, an Italian cruise line. Sitmar pizza, and now Princess pizza, was (is) neopolitan. The pizzeria on board had the traditional brick (stone) lined interior and the pizza was (is) to die for. It is the pizza that many people now describe as "New York" style. Of course, that is because of the many Italians who immigrated to the NYC area and bought their knowledge of pizza with them.

The only other line to serve that quality of pizza is MSC.

So for the OP's question about Carnival pizza, the answer stands: Go to the grocery store....

Am I the only one that thinks this looks plaid :confused: Just doesn't resemble a good pizza to me ?

41a64e559d00bcd3ca886cea25c17320.jpg

Now this is a pizza :cool:

joseph-s-pizza.jpg

When they skimp on the cheese like that, get you a Quattro and add pepperoni

8ff750c3f6ca08f4bab26bc86352751e.jpg

I do miss the old menu which had the pizza they called "pan" which had sausage, onions, and green peppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only tried the pizza once or twice in 32 Carnival cruises (same with Guy's burgers, and I never ate whatever kind of burger there was before Guy's came on board).

The pizza would never sell in the Bronx Italian neighborhood I grew up in, same with the LaCucina dinners.

I bet their lobster wouldn't sell in maine. I bet their BBQ wouldn't sell in Kansas City. But they aren't selling it there, are they?

OP, Carnival pizza is fairly close to Italian pizza, as brought to NY by immigrants from Naples, where pizza was invented, a thin hand-tossed crust, cooked in a pizza oven, moderately topped with Southern-Italian style marinara sauce and liberally covered with a cheese or cheeses. Various other toppings are also available. It is VERY good, if that is your preferred style of "real" pizza.

BTW, you mentioned pizza on Princess. I looked at a rating of the top five cruise line pizzas and found that Princess, at least on that site, was rated #1. Silversea was #2, followed by Disney at #3. CARNIVAL came in at #4! Not too bad.

Carnival's pizza is pretty good. And isn't the best I've had but it is far from store-bought frozen pizza. I like to get the four cheese and ask them to add tomato sauce to it ...makes for a tasty late night snack.

OP, Carnival pizza is fairly close to Italian pizza, as brought to NY by immigrants from Naples, where pizza was invented, a thin hand-tossed crust, cooked in a pizza oven, moderately topped with Southern-Italian style marinara sauce and liberally covered with a cheese or cheeses. Various other toppings are also available. It is VERY good, if that is your preferred style of "real" pizza.

BTW, you mentioned pizza on Princess. I looked at a rating of the top five cruise line pizzas and found that Princess, at least on that site, was rated #1. Silversea was #2, followed by Disney at #3. CARNIVAL came in at #4! Not too bad.

The pizza I ate was baked by real Italians. Lip smacking delicious give me another slice now kinda pizza ;p

I do enjoy the NY large sliced style pies. But what we need here is for a true Italian to join the conversation and explain the differences between the pizza pies :halo: verses Carnivals.

The pizza I ate was baked by real Italians. Lip smacking delicious give me another slice now kinda pizza ;p

I do enjoy the NY large sliced style pies. But what we need here is for a true Italian to join the conversation and explain the differences between the pizza pies :halo: verses Carnivals.

I'm half Italian but have never been to Italy. Does that count?

How would you describe the pizza you had, made by a true Italian? I'm just curious how it differs from what I know of as authentic Italian pizza. It's made a bit differently in different regions of Italy, just as it is here. The Naples style pizza I described in my post and closely resembling Carnival pizza WAS the first though. That's a fact. Not saying it is better, just first. Man, I'm starting to really crave a good pizza with all this talk. Sheesh! :D

I once dated a second generation Italian for about a year. Does that count???:D Nah, of course not. I did have the pleasure of enjoying her mom's cooking quite a few times though. It was fine.

I'm probably one of the few Italians that doesn't enjoy cooking. The other half must be dominant in that department.

I'm probably one of the few Italians that doesn't enjoy cooking. The other half must be dominant in that department.
The Italian girl I dated didn't cook either. :(Her mom sure did though! Her late father had owned a grocery store and made and sold Italian sausage. That stuff was really good!