Pizza!!!

graygirl

Many people have already responded to your question, but here is my answer. :)

I have cruised at least 16 times or more, on different ships. Pizza is one item that I always like to eat, if I have the chance. To me, Carnival has the BEST pizza. I don't know whether it is because my favorite is pepperoni or what. The reason I say this, normally when I go to get my pizza, it is gone, and they wind up making a FRESH pizza every time. I know their pizza does not set around long, no matter what kind a person wants, but there is nothing like good pepperoni pizza for me. :)

Yes, the pizza is always super fresh, often right out of the oven. This is one reason it is always good. Hate the lines though. But I suppose if there were no lines it would mean the pizza wasn't good... so I'll deal with the lines. :)

Never have seen the cookies and I usually have pizza at midnight. Ditto for the pasta.

Saw them put out one night on Freedom. Sometime after midnight. Didn't see them every night. A group of kids instantly swarmed them so I don't know how they were.

The pizza on Fascination was the same style/taste as the pizza on any other Carnival ship I've sailed. I haven't sailed other Fantasy class ships to know for sure, but Fascination for sure has "normal" Carnival pizza.

We had the good pizza on Sensation recently, but last March we were on the Paradise and could not even eat it. A common sight in the Lido was plates of pizza with one or two bites and the rest left on the plate.

Does anyone know what pizza the Elation out of Jacksonville has. We will be on it in a few months.

We had the good pizza on Sensation recently, but last March we were on the Paradise and could not even eat it. A common sight in the Lido was plates of pizza with one or two bites and the rest left on the plate.

Does anyone know what pizza the Elation out of Jacksonville has. We will be on it in a few months.

I've never experienced this "bad" pizza, though I've read other reports of it in the past. Is it just on certain ships?

Very thin and soft where the cheese is, crispy around the edges. I compare it to a cracker. It's super yummy and I can't wait to have more. Is it the best in the world? Nope. Is it good? Yep. Best part is I can get it 24 hours a day with no extra money out of my pocket. I am a Chicago style pizza girl through and through since I'm originally from the Midwest, but for thin crust, it's delish.

ba87532ec5d87feed2f3cbb46cb5488c.jpg

41a64e559d00bcd3ca886cea25c17320.jpg

That looks like a lot os sauce and not nearly enough CHEESE :D

Most pizzas they serve has less sauce.

problem with pizza stations is often one crewmember working there and cannot keep up with demand so line gets ridiculous.

Yep. The lines are the one negative about getting pizza on Carnival. I've seen pretty long lines even on nights when two crewmembers were churning out pies. But looking at it with a glass half full mentality, I suppose the lines are evidence that a LOT of cruisers really enjoy those pizzas! I know I do.:)

Hmmmm....I was on the Paradise in June and saw no such thing. The pizza was the same pizza I have had on any other Carnival ship.

That's good to hear.:)

In post 18 of this thread I said I was told by a chef the Fantasy class ships' pizza galleys could not be retrofitted to accommodate the new pizza ovens installed on other ships for the new style of pizza. A couple of people jumped in to shoot this down and say it was just the same pizza. I was on both Imagination and the Miracle in 2015 and the menus were different and the Imagination did NOT serve the new, crispy style pizza we have come to enjoy on the Miracle.

In 2015 the lead sous chef explained to me that the location of the pizza galley at the aft end of lido (and not being located in the middle of the lido dining room nearer to the galley where the buffet line foods are prepped) was the reason. The aft pizza galley could not be knocked down and reconfigured for the new pizza ovens and other equipment needed to convert. Now, did he lie or concoct a story? Maybe, but when hearing how much I was looking forward to some of the quattro formaggi pizza I had had on the Miracle he bent over backward to ensure that bleu cheese and a white sauce be available for the 4 days I was aboard Imagination. I appreciated the crew going above and beyond and posted a letter to Carnival and named names in my review here on Cruise Critic posted under the Cruise Reviews section for excellent service.

Edited by sanmarcosman

In post 18 of this thread I said I was told by a chef the Fantasy class ships' pizza galleys could not be retrofitted to accommodate the new pizza ovens installed on other ships for the new style of pizza. A couple of people jumped in to shoot this down and say it was just the same pizza. I was on both Imagination and the Miracle in 2015 and the menus were different and the Imagination did NOT serve the new, crispy style pizza we have come to enjoy on the Miracle.

In 2015 the lead sous chef explained to me that the location of the pizza galley at the aft end of lido (and not being located in the middle of the lido dining room nearer to the galley where the buffet line foods are prepped) was the reason. The aft pizza galley could not be knocked down and reconfigured for the new pizza ovens and other equipment needed to convert. Now, did he lie or concoct a story? Maybe, but when hearing how much I was looking forward to some of the quattro formaggi pizza I had had on the Miracle he bent over backward to ensure that bleu cheese and a white sauce be available for the 4 days I was aboard Imagination. I appreciated the crew going above and beyond and posted a letter to Carnival and named names in my review here on Cruise Critic posted under the Cruise Reviews section for excellent service.

Ah! I somehow missed post #18. That's good news to me, since we never sail on Fantasy class ships (at least we haven't so far). This bit of info, in my mind at least, explains SOME of the drastically different opinions on Carnival pizza. Of course personal taste, or lack thereof, explains the rest. Thanks for the info and sorry I missed it the first time. I thought I had read every post on this thread. :)