Pullman beds for 6 year olds

madiaka

Are these beds okay for younger children? He doesn't use a bunk bed so this would be an experience for him if I switch to a balcony guarantee? I have a panoramic ocean view with a sofa bed but was thinking of the balcony for fresh air and the lower price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get ready for an excited 6 year old when they see the pullman bed pulled down. My son was 11 but he was flipping down onto our bed and having a great time. He loved it! You will have a happy kid between the pullman and the cartoons on the tv

Our 5 year old twins loved the pullman beds. We were in a panoramic cabin this past march and I personally loved the large window more than having a balcony. All depends on what you want. I loved being at the front of the ship with that massive window. I am usually out and about on the ship so a balcony would be a waste for myself.

My 5 year old daughter loved it last year when we travelled on Norwegian. We just booked a balcony on the Harmony of the Seas for next May and our room doesn't have the Pullman bed so a little disappointed

I think my son would love it. My husband would complain. We both get up at least once per night and if he has to crawl out of the bed for fear of bumping his head he'll complain each time. I would like the balcony with the Pullman. I wake up before them and sit out and relax. But not sure I want to deal with his disappointment.

I think my son would love it. My husband would complain. We both get up at least once per night and if he has to crawl out of the bed for fear of bumping his head he'll complain each time. I would like the balcony with the Pullman. I wake up before them and sit out and relax. But not sure I want to deal with his disappointment.

On ours it was actually over above the sofa so we had no worries of bumping heads. The majority of the ones I have seen are located over the sofa

On ours it was actually over above the sofa so we had no worries of bumping heads. The majority of the ones I have seen are located over the sofa

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested, I found pictures of E1 balcony cabins on Freedom of the Seas and the ones pictured show the Pullman over the king bed. It's a shame because I would love the balcony guarantee. It's 600 cheaper than the superior oceanview balcony with the sofa bed.

My son loved the Pullman when he was 3yo and 4yo.

You don't HAVE to have the bed underneath set up as a king bed -- if you set it up as two singles, then both people can just get out of bed without having to worry about bumping their head.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Our kids were only 3 and 5 and slept fine in the beds. They were above ours but it was absolutely fine. They had a rail on the side but even if they'd fallen out they'd have only fallen on to us!

I'm about to book a balcony room for myself, husband, and 5-yo son and I've heard conflicting reports. One Royal rep said they wont pull down the pullman for any kid under 6. Another Royal rep said "it's at your discretion". Has anyone had an issue with room stewards refusing to pull down the Pullman for a 4-5yo?

On Princess this past April the room steward would not pull down the Pullman for our son who was 3yo at the time.

The steward pulled it down for our 4 year old.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thank you! After talking to a few more RC reps on the phone, it was explained that there are different types of Pullmans. In our particular room, it wont come out of the ceiling. It either comes out of the wall or is some sort of trundle. Who knows, just glad its safe and am excited to sail!