Liberty OTS Live 8/20/17

Entertaining any questions and will blurt out random comments. This is in no way a comprehensive review.

Two guys from NYC trying a cruise out of Galveston because we spent last week in Vegas. Diamond members, cruise #22.

First of all, we stayed in Houston last night and did not enjoy it at all, but we know nothing about the city and took a crap shoot. Will do more research next time.

Enterprise was $34 (including tax) one way rental to Galveston. We booked it ending in Texas City but the guy at the counter told us to take it to Galveston, no issues (which was going to be $210 had I booked it that way). Way cheaper than a car service or taxi.

We miss "pretty" Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. I guess we're just spoiled and the cheaper price makes up for it. After all a cruise is a cruise.

And what's with the liquor laws here? Only Absolute or well vodka until 12 nautical miles out? They couldn't even give me olives in my martini. Yep, judge me for complaining. It's not the end of the world. Just... different...

Edited by newcruiser80

For some strange reason, no limes the first night until out of Texas waters. Otherwise, a great ship. Love the suite lounge.

Maybe the limes they had did not have Texas stamps?;)

For some strange reason, no limes the first night until out of Texas waters. Otherwise, a great ship. Love the suite lounge.

For the last couple of years on various cruise ships sailing from the east coast of Florida, limes and olives haven't been available the first night. It has been hit and miss. The crew gives various answers.

I just experienced this in Galveston. Don't know about other ports, but I think it was related to Texas law.

Thanks. I remember when we cruised out of California, we could not have any food on deck within some certain distance of the coast.

I believe the "no limes" is related to the no food on deck. Something to do with our flies.

Yep - advance research is good. I thought Royal has in their advance paperwork info on the limited liquor laws we have. Never impacted us - there's plenty available.

Thanks for taking us along - have a great cruise.

Day 5 and the cruise has been wonderful. While sailing out of Galveston was certainly different than New York or the Florida ports, we must say we are impressed with the people on this ship. They are warm, friendly and good fun!

The staff on this ship is attentive and friendly. All-star Melvin in the R Bar is no joke. He is a master mixologist and a gentleman. Make sure you get to know him!

Loving the DJs at night in what was the Viking Crown Lounge but is now the lounge/club ever since they converted the club into Sabor.

Chops was excellent. Sabor was excellent. Again the staff is extremely attentive and the food delicious. Sabor was spicy, but that's to be expected.

Chef's table was a dream. Pairings fantastic and food divine. Scallop carpaccio appetizer, roasted tomato soup, lobster salad, choice of main: 10oz. Filet, branzino or truffle tagliatelle. And of course a fabulous dessert.

We stopped in at my time dining last night. Felt rushed through. For the first time ever both appetizers were delivered at the same time before our main entree. Little detail, but again, we felt rushed.

Now keeping an eye on Hurricane Harvey and how it will impact our return home after Cozumel. Captain informed us he'd be communicating news as it arises. Nothing as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 5 and the cruise has been wonderful. While sailing out of Galveston was certainly different than New York or the Florida ports, we must say we are impressed with the people on this ship. They are warm, friendly and good fun!

The staff on this ship is attentive and friendly. All-star Melvin in the R Bar is no joke. He is a master mixologist and a gentleman. Make sure you get to know him!

Loving the DJs at night in what was the Viking Crown Lounge but is now the lounge/club ever since they converted the club into Sabor.

Chops was excellent. Sabor was excellent. Again the staff is extremely attentive and the food delicious. Sabor was spicy, but that's to be expected.

Chef's table was a dream. Pairings fantastic and food divine. Scallop carpaccio appetizer, roasted tomato soup, lobster salad, choice of main: 10oz. Filet, branzino or truffle tagliatelle. And of course a fabulous dessert.

We stopped in at my time dining last night. Felt rushed through. For the first time ever both appetizers were delivered at the same time before our main entree. Little detail, but again, we felt rushed.

Now keeping an eye on Hurricane Harvey and how it will impact our return home after Cozumel. Captain informed us he'd be communicating news as it arises. Nothing as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you found Melvin & love him. The R Bar is my favorite bar. He took such great care of us in Feb. would see us coming & start making our drinks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums