Soap and Ironing

Is the only way to get someone ironed, is to send it off? Are you not able to use an iron in your cabin?

What is this list of prohibited items please?

Also, is there a hairdryer in the cabin please?

Thanks.

Prohibited items: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

I only mention this because I wasn't aware. One of the suite perks is that you can get your shirt ironed for free ahead of the first formal day. This is worth knowing as it requires a bit of planning. Best to have a chat with your cabin steward and get this organised way ahead of time. Otherwise you might find that your shirt doesn't come back on time.

I don't iron - ever. If a garment requires ironing, I don't own it. However, there are times when even the best fabric will crease (like when it first arrives). My favorite method is to dampen it and hit the creases with the hairdryer. Works every time.

These - https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Garment-Folder-Medium/dp/B00F9S81KY/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1505521522&sr=1-1&nodeID=15744041&psd=1&keywords=eagle+creek+pack+it

I use these for packing for work travel. Allows packing things nicely with few wrinkles.

For the last bit, I hang them in the bathroom when I shower. Most of the rest of the wrinkles fall out.

If you're from the U.K. and where I know that Downey Wrinkle Release is effectively unavailable, go to a local Publix or other grocery store to get some before you cruise.

I say "effectively" unavailable but Amazon.uk have a 33oz bottle going for £83.36. I kid you not....

A homemade version can be made as follows:

1 cup of water

1 tsp of liquid fabric softener

1 tsp rubbing alcohol (optional, makes it dry faster), also known as isopropyl alcohol or surgical spirit in the U.K.

Use a spray bottle to evenly and lightly spray over item. It works best if the item is hand straightened on a flat surface (a bed) and left to dry. You can also use it while your actually wearing the item, just spray very lightly.

If you're from the U.K. and where I know that Downey Wrinkle Release is effectively unavailable, go to a local Publix or other grocery store to get some before you cruise.

I say "effectively" unavailable but Amazon.uk have a 33oz bottle going for £83.36. I kid you not....

Are you sure that is for one bottle?

On the USA Amazon web site it is $61.53, but that is for a six-pack so that one bottle is $10.26.

However at the local Wal-Mart it is $5.97.

Some Amazon sellers are NOT in touch with reality.

It may also be shipping costs. Aerosols cannot be shipped by air in passenger aircraft.

I use a deodorant that is not available in the US, but is in the UK. If I order it here, it is like $80 each. If I am in the UK, they are about $20 each.

Are you sure that is for one bottle?

On the USA Amazon web site it is $61.53, but that is for a six-pack so that one bottle is $10.26.

However at the local Wal-Mart it is $5.97.

It is truly for one bottle!

Downy Wrinkle Releaser 33.8oz trigger spray https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JKSYPNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jwtVzb6ERQTC

Oh, and I forgot £4.52 delivery!

I do the same exact thing... I pack certain outfits in dry cleaner bags and cuts down on the wrinkles. I also pack Downey wrinkle release and it has never stained our clothes and works GREAT. If we are on a 14 day cruise I always pack a small bottle of liquid hand soap and put it in a ziplock bag.

Do you need one dry cleaner bag for each hanger or will it work if you put a few hangers with garments in one bag?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Do you need one dry cleaner bag for each hanger or will it work if you put a few hangers with garments in one bag?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I put 2 outfits in one bag, so that would be 4 hangers per bag. If you don't have the dry cleaner bags, you can use the large black garbage bags. They just take up a bit more room.