No Discounts or perks on Booking

yags

All the posts saying "no promotions in Alaska" .... "its popular" ... "no promotions!" then it turns out there is a promotion after all. People don't even check before responding. Seems like people just post to post...without adding anything substantive.

Fact is, I've sailed to Alaska and Vancouver 4 times, each time with a promo of one kind or another. The three most recent were all Sip & Sail promotions.

As has been proven by a few competent posters in thread, promotions are regularly available for Alaska sailings.

I have also seen nice price drops for Alaska over the years. I wish I could persuade my wife to sail that itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have also seen nice price drops for Alaska over the years. I wish I could persuade my wife to sail that itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a great cruise! Once y'all go, y'all will want to go back. There is too much to see in only one cruise.

Surely you jest. On your second cruise you expect something special? I've been on over 100 cruises. What should I get? (Besides a great vacation at a great value.)

Don't Be caddy. If you have really been on 100 cruises you get a lot. I have friends who have only been on half that many cruises and they get massive discounts and notified of spectacular cruises for next to nothing comparatively.

For those of us who have started later then you do not act like were not entitled to promos or discounts, If you don't ask you will never get.

All the posts saying "no promotions in Alaska" .... "its popular" ... "no promotions!" then it turns out there is a promotion after all. People don't even check before responding. Seems like people just post to post...without adding anything substantive.

Fact is, I've sailed to Alaska and Vancouver 4 times, each time with a promo of one kind or another. The three most recent were all Sip & Sail promotions.

As has been proven by a few competent posters in thread, promotions are regularly available for Alaska sailings.

As stated here we did get a Sip N Sail promo. Even though I have not traveled to Alaska before it seems that incentives are a part of the cruise business. Thanks for your comments.

Since my Original post and took the advice of the Cruise Critic Crew and checked into the Sip n Sail Promotion.

I actually found out that we could get the full beverage package or an OBC. The OBC was only $150 each so we opted to stay with the beverage package at a savings of $563 each.

This is a good start and acceptable if that is all we get.

Thanks to all C.C. posters for your help.

Since this is your second Princess cruise you will also get a gold cruise card instead of a blue card. :D:D:D

Enjoy the cruise. Alaska is a great itinerary.

We recently booked a 10 day Alaskan cruise on the Grand which will leave on June 25th, 2018. I was somewhat surprised that no discounts or perks of any kind were offered or available. They said if any promotions come up between now and the sailing we "May" be entitled to them but not guaranteed. I had just gone on the Crown a month prior to this. Is this the norm and should I expect to see any promotions which would lower our costs? I am a little disappointed so far. Thanks for the scoop on how this works.

I have a Sept 2018 Alaska booking on the Grand. We booked through a large, well known, online travel site and got sip & sail, free gratuities, specialty dining vouchers, and OBC of $475. With everything paid for, I'm not sure what I'm going to use all that OBC for! LOL!

Just keep watching online and check all of the well known travel sites. It may require a new booking to be made though. Small price to pay in my opinion. I hope you get some good perks!

Don't Be caddy. If you have really been on 100 cruises you get a lot. I have friends who have only been on half that many cruises and they get massive discounts and notified of spectacular cruises for next to nothing comparatively.

For those of us who have started later then you do not act like were not entitled to promos or discounts, If you don't ask you will never get.

Not being caddy. Just don't understand why someone would expect special items on a 2nd cruise. Ridiculous.

It's a great cruise! Once y'all go, y'all will want to go back. There is too much to see in only one cruise.

I'm sure it is beautiful. However since we live in the Northeast my wife refuses to go any place that has snow and ice in June July or August. Someday when we relocate to Florida I may be able to persuade her to sail an Alaska itinerary.

I'm sure it is beautiful. However since we live in the Northeast my wife refuses to go any place that has snow and ice in June July or August. Someday when we relocate to Florida I may be able to persuade her to sail an Alaska itinerary.

As a So. Cal resident, I totally understand.

I have a Sept 2018 Alaska booking on the Grand. We booked through a large, well known, online travel site and got sip & sail, free gratuities, specialty dining vouchers, and OBC of $475. With everything paid for, I'm not sure what I'm going to use all that OBC for! LOL!

Just keep watching online and check all of the well known travel sites. It may require a new booking to be made though. Small price to pay in my opinion. I hope you get some good perks!

Great Score!! Believe me nothing goes faster then OBC (LoL). We booked directly through Princess so we did not hit pay dirt but we did finally get sip n sail. I will keep working on them. If I need too I will cancel and rebook. Although we got a great room.

Not being caddy. Just don't understand why someone would expect special items on a 2nd cruise. Ridiculous.

I expect it because it is there. The trick is to get them to give it up. It is a game and I love playing it.

As a So. Cal resident, I totally understand.

Just noticed your trip clock. Have a great trip on the Miracle. We were on the Carnival Spirit a few years back. had a great time.

We live in Pittsburgh, PA and I did not want to go to Alaska. We met friends from FL on a cruise (originally from NJ) and they convinced me to go with them. OMG, I loved it. We did a 10 day out of San Francisco it was so awesome. The second time we went on a 7day to surprise my brother in law and wife. It was another awesome cruise. I would go back in a heartbeat!!! Tell your wife that pictures do not do Alaska justice. The experience is one that you will never forget. (Oh by the way my DH wore shorts so the weather was great) Try it and both of you will love it!!

We are looking into Alaska for may of 2018. Seems they are including a free all inclusive drink package until mid sept. We r waiting to see if there is a price drop with the beverage drop.:)

You may want to book with the sip & sail now and then if you can get a better price when the new promo starts, book with that and cancel the sip & sail booking. You can have more than one booking on the same ship/itinerary.

We are looking into Alaska for may of 2018. Seems they are including a free all inclusive drink package until mid sept. We r waiting to see if there is a price drop with the beverage drop.:)

Don't hold your breath waiting for such a price drop/

Once this promotion ends, the "three for free" promotion will start. Pricing will likely remain about the same or possibly increase if sales under the Sip n' Sail promotion reduced the number of unsold cabins significantly.

We live in Pittsburgh, PA and I did not want to go to Alaska. We met friends from FL on a cruise (originally from NJ) and they convinced me to go with them. OMG, I loved it. We did a 10 day out of San Francisco it was so awesome. The second time we went on a 7day to surprise my brother in law and wife. It was another awesome cruise. I would go back in a heartbeat!!! Tell your wife that pictures do not do Alaska justice. The experience is one that you will never forget. (Oh by the way my DH wore shorts so the weather was great) Try it and both of you will love it!!

We are doing the 10 day out of San Francisco in June 2018. Although I was born and raised in the bay area going out under the golden gate on a cruise has always been on my bucket list. Cannot wait!

I am going in June of 2018 and although we have the sip n sail I am still hoping to score an OBC or better yet a discount on the cruise.

Does Princess meet or beat prices from other travel agencies?

We recently booked a 10 day Alaskan cruise on the Grand which will leave on June 25th, 2018. I was somewhat surprised that no discounts or perks of any kind were offered or available. They said if any promotions come up between now and the sailing we "May" be entitled to them but not guaranteed. I had just gone on the Crown a month prior to this. Is this the norm and should I expect to see any promotions which would lower our costs? I am a little disappointed so far. Thanks for the scoop on how this works.

I believe there will be a special in early September (around the 5th I think) where the daily service charge will be paid by the cruiseline. You'll have to check and see if it applies to your Alaska cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I am going in June of 2018 and although we have the sip n sail I am still hoping to score an OBC or better yet a discount on the cruise.

Does Princess meet or beat prices from other travel agencies?

No, Princess Rates are what they are . TA' s on the other hand may discount those rates and add other goodies .

I believe there will be a special in early September (around the 5th I think) where the daily service charge will be paid by the cruiseline. You'll have to check and see if it applies to your Alaska cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

What is the daily service charge?

What is the daily service charge?

It is a (voluntary) gratuity that is shared by cabin stewards and food personnel including your waitstaff.

The daily gratuity amounts are $15.50 per guest for suites, $14.50 per guest for mini-suites and club class, and $13.50 per guest for interior, oceanview, and balcony staterooms.