Sea sickness

Jojo90123

Qwells actually make me feel sick and I think bands are mostly placebo effect. What you need is Stugeron, widely available from chemists. Take 2 tablets as you leave the port and then one before bed and one each morning until you get your sea legs. This has had 100% success rate with all our family (and others that we have recommended them to). Only slight side effect is slight tiredness, but the best thing of all is that you can drink alcohol whilst taking them with no ill affects.

I recommend Candied Ginger from Holland and Barrett, chew a couple of these and swallow asap if you are not keen on the taste. Then everything goes and stays southbound. You do not feel drugged up in any way on ginger.

Regards John

The 'bands' have always worked for my Mother in Law. I understand that Stugeron does work very well though. Ginger is always good for travel sickness whether it's on land or sea.

To be honest, it's mostly in the mind. Large ships don't move much unless it's a really heavy sea, so don't let it bother you unduly. [emoji4]

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We are going on our first cruise in two weeks to the Norwegian Fjords, how do people cope with sea sickness. I have some bands and Qwells is there anything else I should be doing, I'm hoping I won't suffer at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first cruising experience many years ago was a DFDS ferry from North Shields to Bergen across a very rough North sea so i sympathise with you.We got some wonderful tablets from GS of Queen of Scandinavia which worked a treat.

Now i always carry sea sickness tablets and ginger sweets but that first experience of sea sickness gave me my sea legs and i have been fine since.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I recommend Candied Ginger from Holland and Barrett, chew a couple of these and swallow asap if you are not keen on the taste. Then everything goes and stays southbound. You do not feel drugged up in any way on ginger.

Regards John

Ginger works for me. Never felt queasy on a cruise ship yet, although I used to be very car sick.

Most P&O ships are very stable so you should not suffer much unless the seas are rough, the area you are going to is usually fairly good.

Anything ginger based is useful, the cadied ginger or ginger chews from H&B are great but you can also drink ginger beer on the ship which is also good.

If the over the counter tablets don't work you can (pay for) an injection on the ship which works quickly however it is really unlikely that you will need anything like that.

Have a great cruise.

Travel Calm works for us. First sign of queasiness take them and have a lie down. You will be fine and ready for a full English in an hour or so!

The North Sea can be quite bumpy so be prepared. We had a very very rough night coming home from Norway in March. It can also be flatter than a duck pond and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stugeron works for us. On our Fjords cruise one July the Captain warned us before we left Southampton that the North Sea would be a bit choppy! So I took two Stugeron as we left Southampton, another one at bed time and when I woke in the morning it was certainly a bit bumpy so I took another one - as did my husband. We were able to get up and go and have breakfast in a fairly empty restaurant. Later that afternoon things calmed down. The first formal night which was supposed to be on the day we were at sea before reaching Bergen was postponed until the next night so everyone could enjoy it. No problem in the Fjords at all. Coming back down the North Sea all was calm. The second time I did a Fjords trip which was in June one year the North Sea was calm as a mill pond, no problem at all so you can never tell. Just be prepared. We've always found Stugeron works, worked fine when we've been across the Bay of Biscay. We too are going up the North Sea next week so will be prepared, just in case. Don't imagine the North Sea is always rough but it can be.