re meat pies

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Interesting. Mrs G bought frozen plutos (Dagwood dogs or whatever name where you are, the other day, not bad, but certainly not great value about the size of a cocktail Frank and 5 for $4 something

F4F3C493-0241-41A7-9F00-1AE040E13A3A.png

Full of gluten and processed meats, health food of a nation, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Empanades last night for dinner in Barcelona  pollo and carne, very delicious and at 6 for 12 Euros, a cheap dinner for 2.

Excellente Senor. Are you cruisin Mic?

Edited by NSWP

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Empanades last night for dinner in Barcelona  pollo and carne, very delicious and at 6 for 12 Euros, a cheap dinner for 2.

Sounds like a great time Mic. I sometime wonder whether we have a better chance of meeting you and Rosie at someplace other than OZ.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:14 PM, NSWP said:

Full of gluten and processed meats, health food of a nation, lol.

Why is it the foods that are “no good”  for you always taste great but the good foods taste ordinary?🤔🤔

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

Why is it the foods that are “no good”  for you always taste great but the good foods taste ordinary?🤔🤔

The exception is some Asian dishes which is why I finally bought myself a proper wok and have learnt to do some very yummy yet healthy stirfries.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 10:54 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

The exception is some Asian dishes which is why I finally bought myself a proper wok and have learnt to do some very yummy yet healthy stirfries.

Just about everything we should be eating for a healthy gut can be exquisite if we spend more time on ingredients, prep and methodology.  The exception:  chokos.

• 1 month later...

Four N Twenty meat pies were on SnackMasters this week. You can watch the ep if you want to see how these delicacies are made. Unfortunately you do have to log in:

Snackmasters Four'N Twenty Classic Meat Pie & King Sized Sausage Roll

Went to a Christmas market last night got a Christmas pie with roast chicken, pork, gravy and breadcrumbs stuffing. It was really nice. 

On 11/7/2022 at 4:20 PM, Mareblu said:

Just about everything we should be eating for a healthy gut can be exquisite if we spend more time on ingredients, prep and methodology.  The exception:  chokos.

My grandmother served up chokes as artificial pears - never forgotten!!

Apart from that, she cooked the most delicious meals with what used to be inexpensive ingredients.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

My grandmother served up chokes as artificial pears - never forgotten!!

Apart from that, she cooked the most delicious meals with what used to be inexpensive ingredients.  

My Nan always added some to apple pie, you’d never know if you hadn’t sat helping peel them. But she was of that vintage where every dunny had a Chook vine and fleshing out meals was necessary.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

My Nan always added some to apple pie, you’d never know if you hadn’t sat helping peel them. But she was of that vintage where every dunny had a Chook vine and fleshing out meals was necessary.

And they were a generation that didn't waste anything.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

And when she died we found hundreds of canned food way out of date, “You never knew when times would go bad again”.

Bless her!  Fortunately, I didn't have that problem.  My grandmother didn't totally trust tinned food and never stored an open can in the fridge.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

And when she died we found hundreds of canned food way out of date, “You never knew when times would go bad again”.

Oh dear, I am a bit of a food hoarder, got enough tins etc in my pantry to last for ever, almost and my fridges and freezer are bulging. I get on the on line ordering for Coles/Woolies delivery and keep pressing the buttons, like booking a cruise.😬

At least I can hide from the 100,000 tourists down here for the next month.lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, I am a bit of a food hoarder, got enough tins etc in my pantry to last for ever, almost and my fridges and freezer are bulging. I get on the on line ordering for Coles/Woolies delivery and keep pressing the buttons, like booking a cruise.😬

My girlfriend has been trying to talk me in to shopping on line.  She gets so many points she gets one free flight to Townsville regularly.  On line shopping doesn't appeal to me at all.  I won't buy anything which says you need to purchase 2 for the discount.  I live close to four supermarkets which keep them competitive and like the variety. 

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not too many tourists come to my end of the GC.  

• Haha 1